Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2020, 14:56   #1126
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Only use the Fiesta provided lug wrench - the normal lug wrenches will damage the thread on the lug nuts. This happened to me and I think each lug nut was 850+tax or something of the sort, sourced from a Ford dealer.
Well the provided wrench just doesn’t fit anymore. This is so weird because I myself previously changed my tire during a puncture few years back. A google search revealed class action lawsuits against Ford for providing inferior quality lug nuts which swells over time.
I had to attend a wedding and I went to an fng who themselves struggled to loosen the lug nuts and is now damaged. 850 for each lug nut does sound expensive. Will visit the service centre tomorrow owing to today’s hartal. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 26th November 2020, 16:54   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate. Where was the below pic taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When 3 Fiestas went for a joy ride!

Attachment 1980613
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:46   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congratulations mate. Where was the below pic taken?
Thank You. That was somewhere in ECR, looked like a helicopter landing pad as there was a prominent 'H'.
Old 26th November 2020, 20:56   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Well the provided wrench just doesn’t fit anymore. This is so weird because I myself previously changed my tire during a puncture few years back. A google search revealed class action lawsuits against Ford for providing inferior quality lug nuts which swells over time.
I had to attend a wedding and I went to an fng who themselves struggled to loosen the lug nuts and is now damaged. 850 for each lug nut does sound expensive. Will visit the service centre tomorrow owing to today’s hartal. Thanks for the quick reply.
It's a known issue for both EcoSport and Fiesta. One got to be careful while loosening those lug nuts, especially while using power wrenches.

A new one costs about INR 250 as I recall, certainly not 850. I have replaced a few worn out ones during routine service. The other option is to get the top cap removed by a lathe shop. It will look a bit odd and you will have to use an adaptor, but that will solve the issue once and for all.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 16:00   #1130
BHPian

I had to change all 16 lug nuts. Cost me per piece 290/- including tax. I have to say I’m rather disappointed with this incident. Ford really need to look into this. I read about many lawsuits filed against Ford in the US for exactly this quality issue. The lug nuts definitely seem to swell up over time making it impossible to remove with the provided wrench.
I spoke with the SA and he too acknowledged it with a sheepish smile. I compared and the Ecosport also come with similar looking lug nuts. I did saw the Fiesta classic sporting lug nuts of a different design, wonder if it’s any different.
On a positive note, the fact that I’m rambling on about lug nuts should give a hint about the reliability. This is the first quality related issue I’ve faced in my 6 year ownership. Hoping for more trouble free performance for years to come..
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 17:24   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Took the Fiesta for the first longish ride (after I bought it in Feb'20). Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20201205_153510_hdr.jpg

And I feel so happy about the car. Used cruise control and loved it (& was scared too). With the cruise control, my average & consistent speed was more than usual - otherwise, I usually reduce the speeds on curves and bridges. This also made me understand how much more capable the car is than I may ever push.

Just loved how the ACC also kept me so comfortable without having to fiddle around with the cooling. These two features were on top of my list when I was scouting for a car and am happy that I am happy with these features.

The stock speakers amaze me, I find those much more than adequate, along with my AudioFrog subwoofer.

Hardly any engine noise on cruising, but prominent tyre noise. The Momo tyres are due for a replacement and it still cornered hard without a drama.

The FE on the display is 23.2 kmpl for about 200 kms after a fill up at Essar pump, Arcot. The seat is comfy and the ride too, considering we had bad patches all the way till Ranipet, and I did detour through some bad patches too.

Thats a freakin good range! This is the DTE (Distance To Empty) display right after topping up with 40L of diesel.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20201205_101635.jpg

PS: Since it mostly rained throughout, found the wiper sensitivity a bit tad less than I'd prefer. A friend tagged along and was sitting at the rear for backward journey. He mentioned the ride was so comfy, but a little bouncy. I attribute the bounce to the hard tyres. The plan is to replace these with MRF Perfinza. But after today's ride, am thinking should I give momo another look.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th December 2020 at 17:32.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 09:37   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the cruise control, my average & consistent speed was more than usual - otherwise, I usually reduce the speeds on curves and bridges.
Corners is where that chassis shines. Next time, try hitting that A pedal instead of the brake and sense the car pivot along the corner. The Fiesta can take an even sharper line with throttle.

Quote:
The stock speakers amaze me, I find those much more than adequate, along with my AudioFrog subwoofer.
Yes, the sound quality is quite good, reason why I have left it stock. Where is the subwoofer located? And have you gotten a AMP as well? Will be great if you can share some pictures.

Quote:
PS: Since it mostly rained throughout, found the wiper sensitivity a bit tad less than I'd prefer.
You do know that you can change the sensitivity of the auto wiper by using the roller on the wiper stalk, right? And the intensity of the wiping increases with the speed or acceleration of the car too. At the highest setting on highway speeds, if the rain is relatively heavy, the wiper goes really bonkers fast. One reason why Ford has used frameless blades for the Fiesta.

Quote:
I attribute the bounce to the hard tyres. The plan is to replace these with MRF Perfinza. But after today's ride, am thinking should I give momo another look.
I just got a new set of Conti UC6 and I am very happy with it. Very silent, rides and handles well too.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 23:46   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Corners is where that chassis shines. Next time, try hitting that A pedal instead of the brake and sense the car pivot along the corner. The Fiesta can take an even sharper line with throttle.
Well I think I'll need some more time and kms with the car to push that much. Somehow I feel less confident on roads compared to 10 years back knowing the number of morons have grown exponentially in this period.

Quote:
...Where is the subwoofer located? And have you gotten a AMP as well? Will be great if you can share some pictures.
Pics below. Yes I have a JBL mono amp also.

Quote:
...You do know that you can change the sensitivity of the auto wiper by using the roller on the wiper stalk, right? And the intensity of the wiping increases with the speed or acceleration of the car too. At the highest setting on highway speeds, if the rain is relatively heavy, the wiper goes really bonkers fast. One reason why Ford has used frameless blades for the Fiesta.
Yes, I did notice. Probably my expectation is a little higher - even at full sensitivity, I found it lacking for light drizzles on the move.

I have some streaks while wiping and thinking of replacing the blade. Any suggestions or Ford A$$ is the best option?

Quote:
...I just got a new set of Conti UC6 and I am very happy with it. Very silent, rides and handles well too.
Great - few friends also suggested Conti. What prices do those retail for?

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20200315_101102.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20200315_101312.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20200315_143611.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20200315_143618.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th December 2020 at 23:54.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:32   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I say just get it. I have a 2015 Fiesta diesel and it is stage 1 remapped as well. Absolutely gem of a car. The chassis begs for more power. 90ps just doesn't cut it, so a remap was planned while deciding on buying this car.
Reviving this thread . I have a 2015 global fiesta which I absolutely love. Folks are usually surprised when I say it is 6 years old and I can never stop giving it second glances after I park my car. So I want to pamper it a bit and need some suggestions. I intend to keep it for a few more years and am based in Bangalore..

1. Am interested in the remap. As long as it won't affect the cars reliability. I certainly can see the chassis effortlessly handling the extra bhp. Would love to know where you got yours / approx costs and any feedback on reliability / performance.

2. Tires. I have done 45K odd and the last service I did in 2020 the SA adviced to continue for one more year so if I have to change this year would like to have some recommendations on what tires would be good for a remapped fiesta. Ride, handling and reliability are the 3 main considerations.

3. The front "Aston Martin" grill has a crack thanks to an idiot biker. I was wondering it i can get a blacked out / matte honeycomb mesh. (I have a dark grey Fiesta).

4.. anything else that one can do to make it subtle and sporty? Seats? Flat bottomed steering? Suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Nimz

Last edited by Nimz : 1st April 2021 at 17:34.
Old 6th April 2021, 21:00   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta is undergoing a little bit of transformation as of now. Sneak Peak below.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20210403wa0015.jpg

Problem : Driver side window one touch up disabled.

The battery was disconnected during the work and when I was trying to operate the driver side window, I noticed one-touch up wasn't working (one touch down was working fine) and bhpian Mr Boss was along when I discussed. He was quick to point out the feature would have been reset due to battery disconnect. And he was right, he was able to enable it rather soon.

Solution :

1. Switch on ignition (hit the power on switch
without pressing clutch)
2. Keep pressing the window switch towards up for 2 seconds
3. Feature activates
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 19:14   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
1. Switch on ignition (hit the power on switch
without pressing clutch)
2. Keep pressing the window switch towards up for 2 seconds
3. Feature activates
Handy little tip! Do share pics of the final outcome, eager to see..!
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 00:55   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Did anyone try a custom mesh grill for the Fiesta? Am so keen on getting one. Want to check if the ones from Figo "S" variant will be a direct fit?

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-2017fordfigos032.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1_1024x1024.jpg
Copyright : Original owners

PS : The bumper shape seems very different.

Any reference in Chennai for a custom mesh grill work?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th April 2021 at 01:02.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 15:19   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
No! You need to know how to use the AC here, just see that the green indicator buttons on both the dials are lit up. Bring your ride over sometime today and I'll show you.
Hi Hserus,
Can you explain the solution in the thread if possible, as i also face the same issue? Thankyou in advance.

Note: It was working well until the vehicle went for 40K service. Post that i found this issue & till now i am unable to rectify it.
Dealer stated that he had removed the battery cable & re-fitted it as part of service procedure.
Old 6th May 2021, 17:40   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Hi Hserus,
Can you explain the solution in the thread if possible, as i also face the same issue? Thankyou in advance.

Note: It was working well until the vehicle went for 40K service. Post that i found this issue & till now i am unable to rectify it.
Dealer stated that he had removed the battery cable & re-fitted it as part of service procedure.
There is just one button you need to switch off and on don’t touch the others. I think the one on the left dial. That way the ac and blower are both on. Twisting that forward and back sets the temperature and the blower is on auto. Tinker with the blower speed and both temperature and blower need to be on manual control, you will find yourself setting the temperature very low to get even reasonable cooling. I sold my fiesta so no longer sure which side button it is but only press that on and off, and only adjust the temperature.

Also make sure your cabin air filter is changed: it is hard to reach, in a panel to the driver side at the bottom of the gearshift column and the panel can only be opened with an Allen key. I wish ford had done the same thing as other cars and kept it behind the glove box.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:34   #1140
BHPian

To the owners of New Fiesta:

Pls suggest some flat blade wipers from good brands with model name as I am planning to change the blades now.
Thankyou in advance.

Most Viewed