Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 13:06   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The car looks a bit narrow (like the Xcent) but otherwise, looks beautiful.
Exactly what crossed my mind when I saw the TD car around electronic city & Bannerghata road last week. From the front its unmistakably a Tiago sans the headlight at first instance. Rear and side profile look nice but overall compared to pictures, in flesh comes across a little narrower. As per the reviews floating, the rear is fairly spacious compared to Tiago (on papers Tigor is 30mm wider).

Need to take a better look in the showroom. But overall does look better than most of the CSs out there.

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th April 2017 at 13:10.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:51   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The car looks a bit narrow (like the Xcent) but otherwise, looks beautiful.
I was thinking that the Tigor and Tiago have the same width. Xcent and Grand i10 both have the same width: 1660mm.

At 1647mm Tiago is narrower then Grand i10. But the Tigor specs say it is 1677 mm which is 30mm wider than Tiago and more than even the Xcent. In fact I did not notice till I saw SoumenD's post below. Could this be a typo or is it really 3cm wider than the Tiago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
... in flesh comes across a little narrower. As per the reviews floating, the rear is fairly spacious compared to Tiago (on papers Tigor is 30mm wider).
Old 17th April 2017, 15:24   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I was thinking that the Tigor and Tiago have the same width. Xcent and Grand i10 both have the same width: 1660mm.

At 1647mm Tiago is narrower then Grand i10. But the Tigor specs say it is 1677 mm which is 30mm wider than Tiago and more than even the Xcent. In fact I did not notice till I saw SoumenD's post below. Could this be a typo or is it really 3cm wider than the Tiago?
Here's a snapshot from Carwale about the dimensions.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tigor.jpg

Even the wheelbase is 50mm more. As specified in all the reviews Tigor is not just a boot slapped to the hatch derivative(Tiago) like all other CSs out there in our market. Its a proper development over the Tiago, sadly except for the engine

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th April 2017 at 15:27.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 16:35   #694
Senior - BHPian

So the petrol engine has a welcome move. The tiago lacked the balancer shaft , TATA added it onto the tigor now. This is really a good enhancement over the tiago
Old 17th April 2017, 20:41   #695
BHPian

My Test Drive impression
1. Tiago has notchy gearbox and need more efforts on clutch operation compare to Tigore.
2. Tigor feels much more refined on overall NVH, I did not found any performance issue when
overtaking (Speed up to 100 KM)
3. I am looking car for my wife and she is pleased with Tigor front and backseats comfort and size.
4. Also 419 boot is a boon for me on weekend trips.
5. Overall better built quality than my Zest Petrol.
6. Suspension setup is absolute right for Tigor, took it to rough, pot-holed road to test it.
7. So overall going for Tigor top end Diesel version.
Like to know if any forum member has taken delivery and found any issues on Diesel or Test drive updates will be highly appreciated.
dbaapps is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 21:03   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
My Test Drive impression
7. So overall going for Tigor top end Diesel version.
Like to know if any forum member has taken delivery and found any issues on Diesel or Test drive updates will be highly appreciated.
I haven't driven Tigor yet, but have seen it. I like Tigor except for the Engines. Because the Drivetrains aren't good (1.2 3 cylinder Petrol & 1.05 L Diesel) when you compare it against the competition.

While the Petrol seems to be a good option, the Diesel isn't worth it, especially for the price it's been launched at.

I have Tiago Diesel. I bought Diesel because the Petrol wasn't refined at all. Maybe TD car had some problems, but coming from a WagonR, the Tiago Petrol disappointed me. The Diesel felt much better. Performance was better, and off course the higher Fuel Efficiency.

If you have liked Tigor, get a Petrol (If you intend to). If you are looking at Diesel, check out Ford Aspire Titanium. For a premium of 17k (Pune), the Aspire is a much better option, especially for that 1.5 Diesel when compared with a puny 1.0 L Diesel, which frankly speaking is acceptable on Tiago but not on Premium Priced Tigor.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 08:13   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Its a proper development over the Tiago, sadly except for the engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I haven't driven Tigor yet, but have seen it. I like Tigor except for the Engines.
I was driving back from Vijayawada on Sunday in my Zest AMT. I saw an orange Tiago Near Choutuppal doing crazy speeds. I was doing 90 to 100, but this guy must be doing at least 120. I am not sure whether its a petrol or a diesel, but he overtook at least 15 cars of all types before he went out of sight.
I know that the engines are puny and he must have reached those speeds after sitting on the accelerator pedal for a fairly longish period. My point is that if these small engines can be made to go that fast, they should be adequate for most normal people.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 08:51   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Diesel and petrol gets different alloys and dia size as per the auto car review.

Edit: Manual confirms this. 15 inch for petrol and 14 for diesel.
Yes, and the petrol alloys are awesome, those which you see in the video. Other diesel one are okayish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Let's take the case of Tiago. The reason for the huge enthusiasm after its launch was mainly its price.... buyers found Tiago as a very interesting car.

Coming to Tigor; the price was not much of a head-turner. Add to it the kind of customers - who will be mostly upgrading to their second car. They now have the practical experience; would have a better understanding about the cars; and know about the options available in the same / slightly higher price bracket. Moving up higher in the price bracket, the "budget stretch-ability" of the consumers increase!
Agree with the first point that Tiago was a head turner with a shocker of a sticker price but don't quite agree with the second point. Tigor is still a good option as a first car, with the spending power of a middle class family increasing the first car need not be Alto, Tiago or Kwid.
People are exploring other options too as with a slight increase in EMI one gets a bigger car, if it's with a dickey the better for status, right?

Last edited by teemus : 18th April 2017 at 09:00. Reason: added quote
Old 19th April 2017, 17:47   #699
BHPian

I was just browsing through Tigor and Zest websites and I noticed that the difference between top end petrol versions is not much.

Tigor XZ (O) 1.2 ₹ 6,19,000 - New Delhi

ZEST XT RT 90PS Petrol INR 6,69,314 INR 6,72,344 (White) - New Delhi

For 50k one gets a bigger more powerful car with more features. Tigor is more stylish and has a better boot, however the better engine in Zest outweighs it. Not to forget discounts / negotiations on Zest.
I hope Tata doesn't increases the prices of Zest facelift too much to widen this gap.
Old 20th April 2017, 00:53   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Tigor Petrol XT would have been a great pick (for the current quoted price), if all the safety features mentioned in your post had a 'Y' on XT.
- driver and co driver air bags
- seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Rear defogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I was just browsing through Tigor and Zest websites and I noticed that the difference between top end petrol versions is not much.

For 50k one gets a bigger more powerful car with more features. Not to forget discounts / negotiations on Zest.
Visited a Tata showroom over the weekend to check out Tigor. Just a casual talk with the SA regarding offers on Zest petrol and they were ready to offer 20k cash discounts. So the difference would be even lesser than 30k (depending on further negotiations).

Really a heart (Tigor) v/s mind (zest) decision to take

P.S: Why couldn't Tata just put the Zest engine into Tigor, for additional 30-50k premium (on top end version only)?

Last edited by Eyas337 : 20th April 2017 at 00:58.
Old 20th April 2017, 10:04   #701
BHPian

Test drove the vehicle last week at Concorde Motors Marathahalli, Bangalore. It was the wrong time. A working day at 7:30 PM on outer ring road. Could not go beyond third gear. Have never driven the Tiago so cannot compare with that. Quick impressions of the petrol, top variant:

1. Fantastic looking car, inside out. Showroom gloss added to the appearance.
2. Very good build quality compared to competing sub 4 m sedans
3. Very comfortable driver's seat and driving position
4. Quick to get off the zero mark. In fact found it a bit too quick for my liking. Thereafter power delivery was acceptable.
5. Small steering is joy to hold and use. Response is good
6. Ride quality is very good. The service roads in the vicinity of the showroom are in tatters. The car handled them very well.
7. Slight vibration could be felt in the gear shift knob. Surprising for a petrol engine
8. Clutch has slightly long travel but is light
9. The cabin in the top end feels really plush, esp. with all black interiors
10. Boot is generous. Best in the segment

Really wish I could have done TD on open roads to check NVH levels and full engine capability.

People will be attracted to this car for it's looks and features and that is what Tata should promote. I don't see them promoting the car aggressively at all. Or may be I have been living under a rock
Malyaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 17:55   #702
Team-BHP Support

I saw Tigor on road today for the first time and it is the best looking product from Tata till date in the hatchback/sedan/styleback/notchback segment. Tata's cars have always been good handlers with great ride quality, I just hope they come up with a sportier engine for the Tigor and I will start saving for it.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:47   #703
Senior - BHPian

Saw a test drive Silver colored Tigor on road yesterday. My daily commute has a TATA motors dealership en route, and so, test drive TATA cars are common.

The Tigor sits someplace between a hatch and a sedan, not very wide, looks great in my opinion, sits lower than tall boy hatchbacks, and the car pulled away from the traffic in a quite lively manner before taking a u turn at the signal.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 16:47   #704
BHPian

I just got a test drive of the Tigor petrol xz(o) at home. My daily drive is the Nano and Zest. I was not expecting this good a driving experience from the Tigor. Another surprise was the leg room available in the rear seat, which feels more than the zest. Will definetely recommend this to people looking for a compact sedan.
Old 24th April 2017, 08:21   #705
Senior - BHPian

A Comparison of Tigor with Tiago.

Some Observations
  • Vibrations (gear lever, seats, steering) are relatively very low compared to Tiago. Makes me envious .
  • Noise levels in cabin is way better. I even declared the horn was meek in Tigor, until I heard it from outside. It is of a different tone from Tiago but of the same loudness.
  • Doors felt heavier than Tiago.
  • Power delivery is about the same as Tiago, I did not feel much of a difference. Need to spend more time to notice subtle differences.
  • Steering is even more lighter in Tigor, makes it a pleasure to use in crawling speeds.
  • Gear shifts are buttery smooth and clutch is softer than Tiago. Tiago's gear shifts are notchy.
  • Rear leg room has obviously increased. No change in rear seat bench, I would preferred a little more under thigh support.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-y00_img_20170419_130642.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-y01_img_20170419_130659.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-y02_img_20170419_130735.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-y03_img_20170419_130748.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-z00_dashboard.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-z02_driversideview.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-z05_steering.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-z03_door_fabric.jpg

Comparison & Picture Courtesy - Prabhagar (Tiago Owner & TAI Member)
CarguyNish is offline   (35) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks