Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 11:57   #706
BHPian

One thing i really liked about Tata's display of the tigor was the fact that as opposed to the usual front display at showrooms, this car is being displayed from the back at showrooms.i mean the glass entrance overlooks the front of cars with headlights or DRLs on, in this case it's the stylistic back that's being shown to bring you into the showroom.
Very original and considering its the pulling factor, i believe it will work.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:23   #707
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

I have mentioned this earlier as well looking at the pictures; now after seeing the vehicle in person, I still feel that the width of the rear windscreen needs to be more to make the car appear wider.

Due to the restricted width of rear windshield and thick C pillars, the car seems to appear quite narrow compared to its peers.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 13:08   #708
Senior - BHPian

Full page ad in today's TOI (Bangalore edition)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tigor.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 18:03   #709
BHPian

Hi Folks, I am keen on buying an Automatic petrol compact sedan (pref) / Hatchback - preferably AMT. I also own a Zest XMA.

Any idea when can we see the AMTs making their way in Tigor, else have also booked the new Dzire. Any other recommendations?
Old 27th April 2017, 18:22   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi Folks, I am keen on buying an Automatic petrol compact sedan (pref) / Hatchback - preferably AMT. I also own a Zest XMA.

Any idea when can we see the AMTs making their way in Tigor, else have also booked the new Dzire. Any other recommendations?
If your budget permits the Dzire, then go for it. It is a segment higher than the Tigor, and comes with a much better Engine.

Since you already have an AMT in your garage, do look at the Figo Aspire auto too.It offers a proper Dual Clutch transmission, and while it's not the most sporty car around, it is a good all rounder.

Bonus :They aren't exactly flying off the shelves, so you can squeeze a good deal on them.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 22:07   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If your budget permits the Dzire, then go for it. It is a segment higher than the Tigor, and comes with a much better Engine.

Since you already have an AMT in your garage, do look at the Figo Aspire auto too.It offers a proper Dual Clutch transmission, and while it's not the most sporty car around, it is a good all rounder.

Bonus :They aren't exactly flying off the shelves, so you can squeeze a good deal on them.
JayD thank you for the suggestion. We also have the older figo in our garage and while l love the handling the quality, service and mileage had been questionable. There are a number of small issues that keep propping up on the car which had always kept our 7 year long ownership not pleasant.
Old 27th April 2017, 23:43   #712
Team-BHP Support

Was side-by-side for a while with one in traffic today. The orange shade looks really nice. Good design, but looks a bit awkward height-wise, narrow width accentuates that feeling. Notchbacks look best with a low squatting stance (Chevy SR-V for example, still looks great).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 11:09   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
My heart would say Aspire but mind will say Tigor. In regular city commutes where maximum speed will be 40-60kmph, the reversing camera and Harman 8 speaker ICE would have greater impact than the additional engine power which won't be utilized most of the time.
Figo and Aspire don't have touchscreen, reversing camera or sensor even in the top trim but has 6 airbags and sold 1488 & 1926 units respectively. Grand i10 has touchscreen in 3 out of 5 trims but ABS only in the top trim yet sold 12862 units last month. Manufacturers just follow what the market demands. Unless safety features are made mandatory, this trend won't change. Sad but this is the ugly truth.
Well having seen Tata cars in the past, any new car that TATA launches comes as a prima-facie appealing product i.e., well priced, spacious, great ride, packed with features, sturdy construction, and above all a big thumbs up by online Auto reviewers and Automobile magazines. May I take you back to 2008-09, when the Indica Vista was launched?

It is only when the initial fancy factor fades off and these cars (TATA Cars) have lived past 2 years of their service life when their true colors are flared. Rusts in unexpected areas, key components failing, mileage falling steeply, parts falling, electrical parts giving up and what not all. Apart from these the famous TATA after sales service would only add up to the chaos.

Coming down to the Tiago and the Tigor, I am of the opinion that it would be better to wait for 2 years from now, before one could make a conclusive remark on any aspect of these new cars, including their viability. Till then it is either "wait and watch out for long term feedback from actual users" or "buy and pray the Lord to be kind enough and place you amongst the selected lucky ones who have no/relatively lesser problems".

Last edited by King_pin09 : 28th April 2017 at 11:12.
King_pin09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 13:20   #714
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

There have been a lot of queries regarding the Official Review of the Tigor, but there is very little we can do about it.

Tata Motors has been extremely lethargic in making cars available to the media. As you know, it is almost impossible for us to fully review a car in the Team-BHP Official Style without getting ample time with it (related thread). Strangely, it has been a full month since the Tigor's launch and they still don't have the car available in Mumbai . What's worse, there's no timeline on its availability either. We are continuously following up with the communications team, but they are helpless as the media cars haven't yet been made available to them.

I find it especially annoying since Mumbai is Tata's HQ and the factory is just 2.5 hours away. Ridiculous. Not only its dealerships, but even Tata should learn a thing or two about supporting an important product. Nearly all other manufacturers make cars available to the media in a far prompter action.

The way things are going, our 2017 Dzire Official Review will probably be live before the Tigor.

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2017 at 13:23.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 14:17   #715
Senior - BHPian

@GTO- That's unfortunate. Was eagerly awaiting tbhp review for Tigor. I simply don't understand how is it possible that with so much production capacity and such less sales why Tata can't provide cars as per demand!

OT- As I recall tbhp was also attending the media drive for Figo S. Can we expect a review soon enough?
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 17:20   #716
BHPian

We talk about lost opportunities and this is how some manufacturers get lethargic and inconsistent. We may actually end up seeing the new dzire running away with the review and well as sales if things go this way
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 18:33   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

I find it especially annoying since Mumbai is Tata's HQ and the factory is just 2.5 hours away. Ridiculous. Not only its dealerships, but even Tata should learn a thing or two about supporting an important product. Nearly all other manufacturers make cars available to the media in a far prompter action.
So, it is not surprising at all that the dealers taking it easy too. The other day I happened to go to the Tata showroom in the outer ring road. I had no intention of buying the car; just was in the neighborhood and just wanted to check out the car. I went in, found the car parked inside, checked out both Tiago and the Tigor. I was there for all of 10 minutes and not a single soul asked me what I wanted. If I recall right, there were at least couple employees at that time.
Old 28th April 2017, 20:09   #718
Senior - BHPian

Maruti too seems a bit lethargic with giving out cars for reviews. Even the new Ignis review was delayed for quite a while.
Old 28th April 2017, 21:58   #719
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Tigor Petrol and Diesel both today evening (5 kms each), here are my observations, only about driving :

3 of us Walked into the showroom, there was no crowd, complete silence, soon the sales executive greeted us, I must say he was pretty well informed and well behaved unlike my previous experiences of no care attitude.

Petrol
> Base model has on-road price of 5.5L approx. in my city.
> The car is well insulated from outside noise and at idle there is absolutely no engine noise inside cabin.
> Started the drive in city mode and pushed the pedal to floor as the road ahead was empty, the acceleration was absolutely pathetic to say about, the engine felt unrefined and was'nt happy when pushed hard. There was no feeling of excitement when the car was pushed hard rather it felt like making the engine cry by hard revving it.
> Acceleration from say 30 kmph\3rd gear was too poor, the engine felt good only above 2K rpm and under 4k rpm. This car has very bad drivability in city, I have to say that my Nano has better drivability (may be due to better gearing and 4 gears only, but anyway) in city than Tigor such poor was the engine response. ECO mode was worse, made the car completely unresponsive to little accelerator inputs.
> The suspension was fantastic, no noise and the car glided over potholes without them being felt inside the cabin.

Diesel
> Base model starts at 6.5L in my city. A whopping 1L difference is by no means justified for me.
> Started driving it seadately and the car was pretty responsive, had better drivability than its petrol counterpart.
> When pushed hard the engine showed its unrefined nature, engine note sounded rough & it was not eager tobe pushed hard. The acceleration was linear as expected from Tata cars (it has become a trend).
> In ECO mode the car felt lethargic but still drivable.

Finally, I think this car is not for enthusiasts and would be good only for point A to B drives. Adding to the lethargic engines, Tata's have shooted in their head with the pricing. None of the 80+ (Petrol) and 65+ (Diesel) horses were eager to run, rather they felt like dead on acceleration.

Last edited by mercedised : 28th April 2017 at 22:01.
mercedised is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 22:32   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tata Motors has been extremely lethargic in making cars available to the media.

Such an unpleasant thing to hear. After all the things we heard about the 'new' Guenter Butschek led Tata Motors, this sounds so depressing.

I still feel sorry for the Nano. A brilliant product, but a victim of Tata's mismanagement and lethargic attitude. Full marks to the Tata engineers and zero to the rest. If any one important at Tata is reading this, don't screw up this time, Tata, please.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks