Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 19:34   #466
BHPian

Nice paint job. But I don't think chrome bits and chrome door handles have any place in a hot matte car. Come on fiat, this is not acceptable to the enthusiast crowd. You have come out with a super engine in a super handling car (gear box hopefully keeps up: fingers crossed), how much of a hassle would it actually be to give this car a sporty look with a different set of bumpers and an integrated tail pipe.
I guess fiat still has a couple of months to sort these things if they want to. If they want a niche car, they better make it one.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:58   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
150ps turbo petrol. (147.xx ps I believe)
All wheel disc brakes.
Hydraulic steering.
Stiffened suspension.
16 inch wheels that also looks HOT. (Thank god it's not the 16 inch flower petal alloys from Punto 90hp)
195 section tyres.

I believe this shouldn't be compared to the GT twins. "Respect". This now is the real hot hatch for India.
+1 to all you have mentioned. The GC should be lowered to make it look perfect. The black one looks drool maal
Old 4th August 2015, 21:24   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
+1 to all you have mentioned. The GC should be lowered to make it look perfect.
Your wish will come true I guess. From the Autocar Article.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...to-396687.aspx

Quote:
The suspension has been stiffened, and the ride height has been lowered by 20mm. It doesn’t, however, have the sporty stance you’d associate with a hot hatch, and that’s because there’s still quite a big gap between the tyres and the wheel arches. Fiat says it didn’t want to compromise on ground clearance by lowering the car any further.
Old 4th August 2015, 22:05   #469
BHPian

Can't wait for this car to be released! possibly the first true hot hatch in India. Everything looks spot on, performance, handling, chassis, quality. Hopefully they'll achieve good success with the Abarth.

On a side note, it seems this engine is the 155 PS variant as listed in Wiki (They specifically mention that the engine is originally 150 PS, but generates 155 PS with 97 RON petrol). I would not mind filling super petrol just to unleash a few more horses once in a while

Torque and Acceleration figures look fantastic on paper. Lets see if the gearbox still holds this back.

Overall, Kudos Fiat!!
Old 5th August 2015, 00:02   #470
BHPian

More pics of Fiat Punto Abarth

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-1.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-3.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-4.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-7.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-10.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-2.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-5.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-6.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-8.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-11.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-13.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-9.jpg
Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-12.jpg

Souce: TeamFiatMotoClub and IAB

Last edited by damager21 : 5th August 2015 at 00:04.
damager21 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:06   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I believe this shouldn't be compared to the GT twins. "Respect". This now is the real hot hatch for India.

LOL couldn't agree more with you CrAzY dRiVeR. Ironically,

Punto Abarth means that the GT (Good Times) {pun intended} is here for hot hatches !!

P.S - VW will give Punto Abarth an eye (I) watering competition in GTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

More pics of Fiat Punto Abarth
Awesome info damager21 and thank you for sharing the same.

I am not really nitpicking here and honestly I just love the Black Red iteration of the Punto Abarth, but:

- A centrally placed single exhaust at the back ? Really looks horrendous and totally spoils the look from the rear, which I think is one of the best viewing angles !!

- No Projector headlamps on the Abarth ?? Common Fiat, please try and offer this at least as an add-on.

- Please just give a Reach & Rake adjustment on the Abarth and IMO this will fix most of the ergonomic concerns.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 5th August 2015 at 10:08.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:15   #472
BHPian

Time to start saving! *droools*
I just hope this becomes my first car, in black of course!
Few things that will be done:
1. Wrap the chrome bits at the front and rear in black.
2. Remove the decals on the side
3. Remove the Punto Evo badging.
IMO, the only eyesore is the exhaust. First it was the Linea T-Jet & now this. Why??
Also, I wish the 595 steering was offered :(
And the crazy wait begins!

Last edited by driveanddrive : 5th August 2015 at 10:20. Reason: Added text
Old 5th August 2015, 10:15   #473
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website

The punto abarth looks wicked. Just wish the chrome bits had been blacked out as well. And that muffler tip is just wrong :(

But overall, quite a deadly looking package.
Old 5th August 2015, 10:20   #474
BANNED

damn !!! this car looks so hot. I'm sure it's going to sell well @ under 10 lacs. no doubt about it. we never know what clicks with the market and this car has lots going for it. it surely looks fast and i'm sure goes faster.

this will also encourage other manufacturers to bring in their hot hatches to india.

people with good knowledge of fiat could answer this... does fiat have a vw dsg equivalent dct in their gearbox lineup to give as an option in india ? Should we wait for one ? that will trouble the gt tsi for sure.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 5th August 2015 at 10:28.
Old 5th August 2015, 10:35   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
does fiat have a vw dsg equivalent dct in their gearbox lineup to give as an option in india ? Should we wait for one ? that will trouble the gt tsi for sure.
Fiat does have its own version of the dsg called dualogic. However, seeing that even the Fiat 500 has the AMT, there is no way that a punto would get a dualogic in the foreseeable future. However, I don't see any reason why fiat should not offer the AMT as an option in the Abarth Punto, given the success of the Polo GT.

Mods: Could you start a poll asking forum members if they would like the Abarth Punto to come with AMT as an option. Lets hope that this would encourage Fiat to see potential in this niche within a niche.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:52   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
- A centrally placed single exhaust at the back ? Really looks horrendous and totally spoils the look from the rear, which I think is one of the best viewing angles !!
I believe its the angle in the post above yours made you think it's in the center. However, it is placed on the left like in all Puntos.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:14   #477
BHPian

damager21, thanks for sharing these detailed pics. One of the best things with Punto lineage is its design. It never look like one of those oldies trying to compete with latest and modern design themes. Had the black been matte black it would have looked meaner than the grey version with those totalll drool alloys.
I wish for only these two things now:
1) Fiat should come up with a better and much improved gearbox with this amount of power.
2) they should sell those alloys off the shelf for customers like me who are in love with their mjd and do not plan to let it go anytime soon.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:27   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Your wish will come true I guess. From the Autocar Article.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...to-396687.aspx
The car still looks to sit higher in person and lowering it will do a world of good on a race track. But the practicality part ensures it will be as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
P.S - VW will give Punto Abarth an eye (I) watering competition in GTI .
The VW GTi will surely be faster due to the bigger engine, but at almost double the price of the Punto Abarth. That is the catch. If you have the kind of money not to bother about the price, the GTi will surely be the best option out there.

The Abarth Punto is expected to be priced a shade under 10 lakhs and mind you its pretty quick too.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 5th August 2015 at 11:28.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:42   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

The VW GTi will surely be faster due to the bigger engine, but at almost double the price of the Punto Abarth. That is the catch.
Agreed Agreed Agreed nkrishnap

But what I am really thinking about is what if VW pulls out a knockout punch by giving the GTI with 1.4 TSI in India and somehow manages to price it under 12lks ??

Think about this:

VW Polo GTI (140 PS) & Fiat Punto Abarth (145 PS)

Let the Battle Begin...

Last edited by Vik0728 : 5th August 2015 at 11:48.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:42   #480
Senior - BHPian

The exhaust does look like an eye sore but changing or integrating it within the rear bumper would mean costly re-work which will bring the price up. If it keeps the price down, it wouldn't worry me too much.

A friend of mine was invited for a co-drive of the Fiat 595 at BIC with lead car being this Punto T-Jet. As per him, Punto was doing 190kph on the straights without much effort! Hydraulic steering, all wheel discs, turbocharged petrol engine, manual transmission, hot looks, superb suspension is one hell of a recipe even when the name has "Fiat" in it. For "true" hot hatch enthusiasts, this will be an easy sell, unless Fiat boffins smoke weed before deciding on the price of the car and out price it.

P.S. I am also left scratching my head, why wait until October? The car is ready, uses components which are already being used in sister cars, why not launch it right away and benefit from, the much deserved in this case, hype.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks