Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:30   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
That engine in the Aria was a NA engine.
It is quite unlikely that a 3L 4cylinder NA engine can produce 600Nm of torque. Are you sure of that info?
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:18   #272
BHPian

Quote:
There's no way that a naturally aspirated 3.0L diesel engine could generate those numbers without running insane compression ratios! Has to be a twin turbo atleast.
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:24   #273
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2015 at 12:37.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:40   #274
BHPian

Tata would most likely go with fiat engine.
Sounds like almost double the figures of imported fiat 1.6L engine on maruti SCross, including engine size.

As a ex-owner of Tata Indigo LS TDI without any issues over last 7.5 years, I wish Tata all the best with Hexa ☺️
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:12   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
Tata would most likely go with fiat engine.
Sounds like almost double the figures of imported fiat 1.6L engine on maruti SCross, including engine size.
☺️
I doubt it, Tata wouldn't need to because in terms of basic engines they have something really good in terms of the 2.2...they don't really need to go shopping for larger diesel engines. With the 1.3 there were 2 factors a) their own small capacity common rail diesel wasn't up to the mark and they needed a quick fix b) it was very convenient to access the 1.3 so it made good business sense to use it as opposed to starting from scratch

In this case the 2.2 DICOR is a pretty good base engine to start from.

Also in terms of their own in house engine development - both higher & lower capacities - they seem to be much further along as compared to - say - Suzuki so I doubt they'd license any further engine tech from Fiat apart from the 1.3 they're already using.
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:31   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One day while coming back from the ERC scrapyard and saw a guy testing a 3.0 L engine on a Aria , asked that guy about the engine he said it makes 230 hp and 600NM of Torque I was shocked.
Quote:
It was a 4 cylinder engine ,
Quote:
The company is testing the 3.0L and 5.0L engines.
Quote:
600NM from a 3L four cylinder Diesel engine, that too naturally aspirated. The 5L would be producing 1000Nm then? TATA should probably outsource the engine for super cars. Bolt on a turbo and they can even take on the hypercars!

Seriously speaking - the current 2.2L replaced a 3L DiCOR turbo which had way lesser figures. The figures you are suggesting here is more than what GTO's 6 cylinder turbocharged 530D has got!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd September 2015 at 22:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:20   #277
BHPian

I don't think the 3L and 5L will make it into production soon , as they are still in testing phase in the production line , merely 50 engine blocks are made a day .
Old 13th September 2015, 10:35   #278
BHPian

Just read the preview of Hexa in the latest September 2015 issue of Autocar. The photographs of the car (exterior and interior) look absolutely stunning. Unlike any Tata product that we have seen so far. If Tata can get the pricing and marketing right on this one then they have a winner on their hands.

A short feature list:

1. A completely redesigned dashboard, which has a colour multi-info display (It looks sleek and makes the competition look pale in comparison)
2. A 10-speaker JBL hi-fi developed for Hexa
3. A 5-inch touch screen
4. A multi-drive mode, developed on the lines of Land Rover's terrain response system; one can choose from:
- Auto
- Comfort
- Dynamic
- Rough Road
5. Front and Rear USB and Aux port
6. Comes with 19" alloy wheels
7. Comes with 6-speed manual and 6-speed auto (The new box can take 450nm of torque)

8. It says that the Hexa will be powered with a Varicor 2.2L engine which delivers 154bhp power and 400nm torque (A 170bhp version is also in development).

This looks like one car worth waiting for. I really really hope that Tata's don't bungle it up like the Aria, this time around.

I couldn't find the online link to the article; I guess this will probably come through sometime in the next month. The last I heard, this is due to be launched in Feb 2016.

Please get this one right, Tata. All the best to you.

Last edited by ptushar : 13th September 2015 at 10:36. Reason: typo
ptushar is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 12:33   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Just read the preview of Hexa in the latest September 2015 issue of Autocar. The photographs of the car (exterior and interior) look absolutely stunning. Unlike any Tata product that we have seen so far......
I have also read the article. Looks infact really good. But could not help wondering at the end, is it enough? Looking at the pics, from side profile, it is unmistakably an aria. So a bit doubtful how the market and general audience would receive it. The rear and rear three quarters look awesome along with the superb interiors. It was the same case with zest even. As much as it is a good car, it could not make the desired impact sales wise. Really wishing Tata would get it right this time not just with the product but with marketing, sales and overall ownership experience.
Old 13th September 2015, 20:11   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Just read the preview of Hexa in the latest September 2015 issue of Autocar. The photographs of the car (exterior and interior) look absolutely stunning. Unlike any Tata product that we have seen so far. If Tata can get the pricing and marketing right on this one then they have a winner on their hands.

A short feature list:

1. A completely redesigned dashboard, which has a colour multi-info display (It looks sleek and makes the competition look pale in comparison)
2. A 10-speaker JBL hi-fi developed for Hexa
3. A 5-inch touch screen
4. A multi-drive mode, developed on the lines of Land Rover's terrain response system; one can choose from:
- Auto
- Comfort
- Dynamic
- Rough Road
5. Front and Rear USB and Aux port
6. Comes with 19" alloy wheels
7. Comes with 6-speed manual and 6-speed auto (The new box can take 450nm of torque)

8. It says that the Hexa will be powered with a Varicor 2.2L engine which delivers 154bhp power and 400nm torque (A 170bhp version is also in development).

This looks like one car worth waiting for. I really really hope that Tata's don't bungle it up like the Aria, this time around.

I couldn't find the online link to the article; I guess this will probably come through sometime in the next month. The last I heard, this is due to be launched in Feb 2016.

Please get this one right, Tata. All the best to you.
Thanks for sharing the gist.
If you don't mind, can you scan and share it for all our reading pleasure ?

Prem.
Old 13th September 2015, 20:42   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thanks for sharing the gist.
If you don't mind, can you scan and share it for all our reading pleasure ?

Prem.
Hi Prem,

I believe that will be copyright issue.

Mods, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 08:55   #282
BHPian

Quote:
The photographs of the car (exterior and interior) look absolutely stunning. Unlike any Tata product that we have seen so far. If Tata can get the pricing and marketing right on this one then they have a winner on their hands.
Had read the article a couple of days back. The primary thing that comes to mind the Hexa, while it has some similar elements in common with the Aria, looks like a proper SUV. You still can't compare it to the likes of the upcoming Everest(Endeavour), which are massive SUVs, but in comparison to the like for XUV &/or even the Storme, the Hexa looks massive.

All we can do is hope the final production version stays the same & Tata rolls it out before the competitors make the max success a matter of fiction.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:46   #283
BHPian

One of my friend shared some Hexa images courtesy: Autocar magazine.

Few quick observations:
  • Front design looks sportier & aggressive
  • Interiors looks top notch
  • All black interior is welcome move(may not be standard across variants)
  • 5' display in HU looks little small, should have been 7' IMHO
  • Front seats looks plush
  • If this is to stay as final design, I'm sure they have a winner in hand (provided pricing to be spot-on)

Last edited by GTO : 17th September 2015 at 11:13. Reason: Please don't upload scans of copyrighted content
Aficionados is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:38   #284
BHPian

What is the price band we can expect this to be priced at?
Since this product is derived from Aria, which bombed in the market due to usual Tata sales & service issues, and may be pricing issues. Aria is priced at 12.5L ex-showroom for 4X2, and 15.5L ex-showroom for 4X4 top models. Both run on 2.2L Diesel, producing max 147 bhp and 320 Nm torque.
Just for the sake of comparison, XUV500 with similar 2.2L Diesel, 140 bhp and 330 Nm torque, top versions priced at 15.2L for 4X2, and 16.2L for AWD.
If Hexa has to beat competition, and come out as a successful product, unlike Aria, what is the price bracket it should be in? Similar to Aria, or above XUV500?
It seems the car will be feature packed, and hence we can expect the car to be positioned above XUV500, at a small margin.
My expectation:
154 bhp version, manual, 4X2 - 16L
154 bhp version, manual, 4X4 - 17L
154 bhp version, auto, 4X2 - 17L
154 bhp version, auto, 4X4 - 18L
170 bhp version - add another 1L-2L from the above figures
So, the top version should reach 20L ex-showroom by this logic.

Let us see, how Tata prices this, and how many of these combinations they actually release it!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:52   #285
Senior - BHPian

Whatever spec sheet says, Tata need to undercut XUV pricing to make Hexa sell. This need to be done when they launch it, not later.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks