Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 19:39   #211
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

The design elements are really good.
Looks quite stunning and stable.

Belongs in a scene from a Hollywood movie - where we often see such MUVs on the road being driven around.

Nice BIG car. Good features.
Let's hope production version is as similar as possible.

The Automatic Nano - showcased at Auto Expo 14 - made it on road AS IT IS. Including the fabulously finished AMT gear lever.

The Hexa shows potential once again!
Like the Zest & Bolt.

Tata is working really hard to get rid of the past skeletons and make a fresh start.

If anything - I appreciate the MASSIVE effort and ofcourse, funds, being pumped in!

By no means is it an half-hearted effort.
And the response has been fairly quick.

Before we can crib, hate, love, praise one new product - there's another new one setting the forum threads on fire.

Sometime ago - I had the opportunity to speak to someone senior at TML - from the President's office. It was a telephonic call - where the topic of sales figures and the slipping spots came up. (TML had slipped to 4th then - more than a year ago.
&
He made a very strong statement - "Sir, we are not focussing on which spot we are on. In the near future we may slip to 5th or even 6th. The focus is on creating quality, niggle free, value for money products. We want people to associate these words with Tata Motors. Quality is of prime importance right now. That every product that comes out must be niggle free."

This was around the same time the Late Karl Slym had started the quality control campaign.
That man made a world of a difference to TML.
&
I salute the mammoth efforts of Cyrus Mistry and all the other heads who dealt with that sudden calamity - with such a seamless manner.
Rather than all the plans collapsing - the company is continuing to try and re-invent itself.

As beautiful as this Hexa is ... I am personally waiting for THIS kind of NEW Safari.
Q501 or Q502 maybe ?
Dr.Suraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 06:51   #212
BHPian

The point mentioned above (design elements are really good) reflect a key point that sections look good but as a vehicle the word aria still screams back , just the case with vista and bolt, that is precisely why even though people may have burnt the midnight oil to create these stunning elements, the vehicle is still an aria with new stunning elements . I hope the new SUV is not a safari derivative.
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:27   #213
BHPian

From what i came to know from a friend who is working on Hexa project, the vehicle will be out on roads within next 10 months. & as per him, Hexa will be exactly same as the pics posted in this forum.
speedguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:55   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
From what i came to know from a friend who is working on Hexa project, the vehicle will be out on roads within next 10 months. & as per him, Hexa will be exactly same as the pics posted in this forum.
Why do I find this statement funny?
Well 10 months later the competition will surely have moved much ahead. And the Aria replica looking Hexa will be launched as a premium product.
Seriously Tata!!! Im in splits.
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:07   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Well 10 months later the competition will surely have moved much ahead. And the Aria replica looking Hexa will be launched as a premium product.
It seems like in India, or at least at t-bhp, a car begins to age the moment it is revealed. And is practically passe when it goes on sale several months later.

Perhaps manufacturers shouldn't reveal cars in advance of their on-sale date ... and instead, one fine day, simply unveil the vehicle / variants / prices, kick-off the marketing campaign, begin deliveries for those quick on the draw, and take bookings if supplies can't keep up with demand.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:09   #216
BHPian

Quote:
You may be right probably. But please consider competition means Toyota, Honda, Renault, Suzuki etc. They have products already launched elsewhere in the world. So they can just launch it in India whenever they want. In case of TML, they don't have such luxury. They have to design & develop every product from scratch. FYI if you don't know, a passenger car needs to have minimum 3 years of lead time from the sketchbook to actual launch. I agree that Hexa is not a product from the scratch, but 10-12 months time from the initiation is acceptable for face lift as per my understanding.

Note from Mod : Please use proper punctuation (not ".." instead of "."). Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2015 at 15:21. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
speedguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:59   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may be right probably..But please consider competition means Toyota, Honda, Renault, Suzuki etc..They have products already launched elsewhere in the world. So they can just launch it in India whenever they want..In case of TML, they don't have such luxury..They have to design & develop every product from the scratch. FYI if you don't know, a passenger car needs to have minimum 3 years of lead time from the sketchbook to actual launch. I agree that Hexa is not a product from the scratch, but 10-12 months time from the initiation is acceptable for face lift as per my understanding..
Your statement of support really cannot be taken seriously. The competition has just come in over a decade/15yrs. The local manufacturers have had 6+ decades to get their act together. The Fortuner sells in the middle east for the price of a Tata Safari because there are no taxes there. Which basically means that the Safari and the Fortuner are basically in the same league. But look at the stark difference in engineering and quality. If the Fortuner was to be 100% manufactured in India, and sold at Indian prices without import levies etc, then TML & Mahindra would have to shut shop and move out.
The Safari was launched in 1998 i guess. Look at how much it developed since then.
I bought my Safari in 2008 and sold it this year in June. After 7 years I test drove the 2015 Storme hoping to migrate to a fresher product. Ive posted my comments somewhere on this forum. Seriously, Tata is still sleeping.
Tata development cycle = 1 decade!!

And now, from the reports, Hexa is going to be launched as a premium product. Seriously?
Look at the Storme sales and see how the Aria PREMIUM bombed.
I dont think i need to say more. Sales reflect everything. Have a look at the Tata monthly sales chart.

Cheers!
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:56   #218
BHPian

There is no way a vehicle of this shape can compete with the XUV500. TML should stop day dreaming. This vehicle can succeed only if positioned above the Mobilio and nowhere even close to the Innova
Old 24th July 2015, 10:14   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Your statement of support really cannot be taken seriously. The competition has just come in over a decade/15yrs. The local manufacturers have had 6+ decades to get their act together. The Fortuner sells in the middle east for the price of a Tata Safari because there are no taxes there. Which basically means that the Safari and the Fortuner are basically in the same league. But look at the stark difference in engineering and quality. If the Fortuner was to be 100% manufactured in India, and sold at Indian prices without import levies etc, then TML & Mahindra would have to shut shop and move out.
The Safari was launched in 1998 i guess. Look at how much it developed since then.
I bought my Safari in 2008 and sold it this year in June. After 7 years I test drove the 2015 Storme hoping to migrate to a fresher product. Ive posted my comments somewhere on this forum. Seriously, Tata is still sleeping.
Tata development cycle = 1 decade!!

And now, from the reports, Hexa is going to be launched as a premium product. Seriously?
Look at the Storme sales and see how the Aria PREMIUM bombed.
I dont think i need to say more. Sales reflect everything. Have a look at the Tata monthly sales chart.

Cheers!
With due respect, Tata motors jumped into passenger car business on 1998 that also makes them 15-16 year old company..& competition jumped in with already launched & successful products.. and I agree that Tata is lagging behind, but that doesn't mean they are bound to take all the rubbish in the world. Suzuki is nowhere all around the world in terms of sales except India. And if you judge by the sales, Tata were a strong 3rd player not so long time ago. If Fortuner sales without taxes at the Price of Storme, then Storme will sell at the price of Alto K10 without taxes. Why don't you apply same logic for Storme?
Tata Zest from mule to launch took 2.5 years, so please get the facts clearly before making such loose statements of Tata development cycle =10 yrs & blah blah..
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:20   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Fortuner sales without taxes at the Price of Storme, then Storme will sell at the price of Alto K10 without taxes. Why don't you apply same logic for Storme?
You cant be serious. Storme for Alto K10 prices. Then as per your logic the nano will come as complimentary

Making a car is one thing. Making a reliable niggle free product is another thing all together. Im not saying that TML cannot achieve this. They surely can, but at the rate they are going, im sorry to say the competition is surging ahead.
A friend has a Dec 2014 Storme. He complains of niggles and whe it comes back from service there are 2 more niggles added to it. I Test Drove the Aria in 2014 Dec. There were loose fitting in the engine bay and the boot area.
I Test drove the 2015 Storme 2 months ago. The manual boot release had loose bits falling over and the tachometer wasnt working on the 4k kms old TD vehicle.
You really believe anyone will put money on a premium offering from a manufacturer who has not yet been able to successfully provide good fit and finish and a niggle free offering.
The competition is offering a host of electronics in its vehicles.. TRC, ESP, Hill hold, Hill descent control and what not.
let TML first be able to provide a vehicle minus electronic gremlins even on their not premium mass market cars. Thats when they can get customers to look at their premium offerings.
And less said about after sales the better. Making a customers lounge at the service center doesnt improve service in any way.
Anyways, i rest my argument. Lets see what they come up with whenever they do. The market will decide.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 24th July 2015 at 13:23.
Old 24th July 2015, 14:08   #221
BHPian

Quote:
You cant be serious. Storme for Alto K10 prices. Then as per your logic the nano will come as complimentary

Making a car is one thing. Making a reliable niggle free product is another thing all together. Im not saying that TML cannot achieve this. They surely can, but at the rate they are going, im sorry to say the competition is surging ahead.
A friend has a Dec 2014 Storme. He complains of niggles and whe it comes back from service there are 2 more niggles added to it. I Test Drove the Aria in 2014 Dec. There were loose fitting in the engine bay and the boot area.

I Test drove the 2015 Storme 2 months ago. The manual boot release had loose bits falling over and the tachometer wasnt working on the 4k kms old TD vehicle.
You really believe anyone will put money on a premium offering from a manufacturer who has not yet been able to successfully provide good fit and finish and a niggle free offering.
The competition is offering a host of electronics in its vehicles.. TRC, ESP, Hill hold, Hill descent control and what not.
let TML first be able to provide a vehicle minus electronic gremlins even on their not premium mass market cars. Thats when they can get customers to look at their premium offerings.
And less said about after sales the better. Making a customers lounge at the service center doesnt improve service in any way.
Anyways, i rest my argument. Lets see what they come up with whenever they do. The market will decide.
Buddy, that logic was yours & i just extended it. I'll never compare Fortuner with Storme in my dream. In fact any Toyota with TML.
Please be sure whats your point is. Once you said TML needs 10 years of product life cycle, now you are focusing on niggles & after sale service. You want to go on witch hunting then game is on for every player. See the BMW engine malfunction thread.

By the way, niggles in Zest & bolt has not been reported excessively. There might be some for sure, but the rate is surely decreasing.
And yes TML should provide niggle free products, no doubt, but that doesn't mean every move from them needs to be kicked to the dust.

At least they are trying to improve themselves with every product, not just moaning & crying like losers.
By the way, just a thought. TML is world number 1 in sales of Buses & world no.4 in sales of commercial vehicles. That doesn't mean they are better than Volvo in bus technology & Renault in truck technology. So sales & product are relative to each market. I hope you got the drift...

Note from Mod : Post edited. Please use proper punctuation (not "..") and limit the usage of smileys to 2 per post. Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2015 at 15:26. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
speedguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:49   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
.... the vehicle is still an aria with new stunning elements . I hope the new SUV is not a safari derivative.
What is wrong with Aria design and why do you hope that the new SUV is not a Safari derivative?

Quote:
I have the same question- why do you find this statement funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
There is no way a vehicle of this shape can compete with the XUV500. TML should stop day dreaming. This vehicle can succeed only if positioned above the Mobilio and nowhere even close to the Innova
There is a contradiction in your post - first you criticize its shape and then you say it should not be placed close to Innova. Success of a vehicle depends on many factors and Hexa may not succeed but that failure will have nothing to do with its shape.

If shape was a success defining factor then Wagon R would have died within a couple of years of its launch and we would have many many more Puntos on Indian roads.

It would be better for TML to shelve the plan of launching Hexa than positioning it above Mobilio.
sourabhzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:47   #223
Senior - BHPian

to all those complaining about TML not providing a niggle free product, name ONE MANUFACTURER who provides a niggle free car in India. TML has a lot to deliver, granted, but its not like they are static. Their current products are a significant improvement over their respective predecessors, and Hexa seems poised to take the game forward. how can we condemn a product even before its launched?

i used to own a Safari Dicor- it was a mixed bag.

I now own a Storme- a VASTLY improved product. So i have faith that TML will improve with each iteration.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 20:56   #224
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th August 2015 at 12:55.
hubolt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th July 2015, 22:48   #225
BHPian

I don't know how the TATA bashers find every TATA thread in TBHP to contribute. But, one thing for sure, except a very few, most of the TATA bashers are of "hear-say" without really checking out what it is !
Unless we "Indians" change the mindset of "Foreign products are great and superior to Indian products", these kind of comments and bashing are never going to change !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks