Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 23:22   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

I think it is a tad unfair to call jaysmokeleaves a tata basher. He was the owner of a safari till sometime back. However, it is his experience with Tata and the frustration that is coming out and not just tata bashing. Is it true that the fans of Tata cannot take criticism at all.

For eg. The new safari Storme, took its own time coming - so did the Aria. there were stories on Team-BHP atlas two - three years before aria was launched. All were waiting with anticipation, but if there is any company out there who knows how to kill anticipation through not delivering anything - it is TATA.
Old 25th July 2015, 09:25   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
See the BMW engine malfunction thread.

At least they are trying to improve themselves with every product, not just moaning & crying like losers.
The BMW malfunction thread. You should compare that to Jaguar(owned by tata) = apple with apple.

I dont see any other manufacturer crying and moaning. Most of them are laughing away on the sales charts at TMLs expense.
I see you are a Tata fanboy. So am I. Im not sure about you but Ive owned 3 generations of Tata covering a cumulative of Approx 450000 kms. Im looking to upgrade and the first company i looked at is Tata, but Tata doesnt have a suitable replacement for me, let alone upgrade. Im not willing to bet my money on a brand new Tata product since they have a history of gremlins on their suv new launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It would be better for TML to shelve the plan of launching Hexa than positioning it above Mobilio.
Thy should launch the Hexa at a very attractive non premium price and without any gremlins while ensuring their customer service for after sales improves 10 fold. This will surely turn things around for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
to all those complaining about TML not providing a niggle free product, name ONE MANUFACTURER who provides a niggle free car in India. TML has a lot to deliver, granted, but its not like they are static. Their current products are a significant improvement over their respective predecessors, and Hexa seems poised to take the game forward. how can we condemn a product even before its launched?

i used to own a Safari Dicor- it was a mixed bag.

I now own a Storme- a VASTLY improved product. So i have faith that TML will improve with each iteration.
"Significantly improved" does not cut it especially when your market reputation for reliability has been washed out and it reflects in your sales. I am not condemning the Hexa. Im only suggesting that Tata should price it right and not at a premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I don't know how the TATA bashers find every TATA thread in TBHP to contribute. But, one thing for sure, except a very few, most of the TATA bashers are of "hear-say" without really checking out what it is !
Unless we "Indians" change the mindset of "Foreign products are great and superior to Indian products", these kind of comments and bashing are never going to change !

Prem.
Prem I dont know about Tata bashers, but ive put my money where my mouth is and i know what im talking about. And yes, I fully agree, most people bashing a Tata product never really owned one. This includes raving fanboys who have never experienced the world class tata experience
Regarding, foreign products vs indian, well its time Indian manufacturers produce world class cars. You cant sell lemons and gremlin affected vehicles in 2015. The game has changed for sure. tata has been a game changer always. The Sierra, Estate & Safari were game changers. However, they were poorly engineered and Tata didnt do anything to change that. And they seem to have trouble catching up and getting up to speed.
If they do make a good product they screw up in trying to sell it. Aria and nano are prime examples of good products and proper sales disasters.

I guess i will leave my opinions here and leave this as a HEXA thread.
Cheers,
Jay

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th July 2015 at 11:41. Reason: broken quote fixed
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 10:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Tata needs to focus on better mettalurgy (lighter sheel metal, equal strength as before), lesser chassis weight without losing rigidity, better handling tuning, making key electronics housing absolutely 100% waterproof. Rejecting electronics components with less than .20 tolerances.

this means to really put in even more work on engineering, fortunately they are on right track with zest and bolt.
Old 27th July 2015, 07:03   #229
BHPian

Jay
I know it was the wrong context my comment came in. I know you and yours' was one of the thread that I used to follow before creating my own Safari thread in 2010. So, no complaints on you.
However, your recent posts in a couple of threads seem very much coming out of frustration with TML including the one that you were looking to test drive STORME, but never got a chance before they were ready. These are very nit-picking one.
Anyway, I know about you and your Safari experience/thread. So, definitely, it was not meant to you.

An_and
I am neither a fanboy of TATA nor not a person to take criticism about TML.
I get agitated only when TML is cornered for various reasons by people who never knew what they are talking about !
Look at my 5 years of Safari thread, I too have commented about TML's poor service and inability to take few actions.

Onething, I never agree is to pay several lakhs more to get an INNOVA or pay double the amount to get FORTUNER in place of Safari !

Again, I am not against Toyota, just that not able to agree to people supporting the Japanese T irrespective of its no value for money products.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:29   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Refreshing to see the Hexa, those who have seen the Aria will feel Aria went to the gym and worked out , had a nose job and a fresh new attitude - so whats wrong in that , to me it looks like a cool make over
Good to see Tata changing gears in the right direction and probably using some of the design cues from the JLR stable.

But what is the obsession with such large vehicles which is even larger than the XUV500.

A well engineered and designed 5 seater would have been much better. How many times does that last row gets used for a normal family, unless you are using the vehicle as a taxi.

Price would be a differentiator why people would go for a Hexa instead of the proven XUV5OO and the just launched Creta. Hope Tata does not make the same mistake as it did with the Aria.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:34   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
But what is the obsession with such large vehicles which is even larger than the XUV500.
The XUV500 is also a 7 seater, but with the seven seats occupied one has no luggage space. I think Tata still wants to take on the Innova which is still doing well in private and commercial sales. Not a good idea, because many have tried, but all have failed.

I agree with you on the size though. When a colleague was planning a purchase, he tested both the XUV and Aria. He compared the Aria with a bus, because there is so much length behind the driver, and the XUV seems more car like. Tata needs to shorten the Hexa to compete - either with 5 seats or limited boot space and 7 seats.

The Creta is only similar in price, and I don't think people would cross-shop between these two.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:33   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The XUV500 is also a 7 seater, but with the seven seats occupied one has no luggage space. I think Tata still wants to take on the Innova which is still doing well in private and commercial sales. Not a good idea, because many have tried, but all have failed.

I agree with you on the size though. When a colleague was planning a purchase, he tested both the XUV and Aria. He compared the Aria with a bus, because there is so much length behind the driver, and the XUV seems more car like. Tata needs to shorten the Hexa to compete - either with 5 seats or limited boot space and 7 seats.

The Creta is only similar in price, and I don't think people would cross-shop between these two.
The 3rd row (front facing) in vehicles like XUV & Scorpio is merely cosmetic with no place to seat an average adult. While in an Innova I at 5'10" can sit comfortably in the 3rd row.

With the last row folded there is ample boot space (I can squeeze in a bicycle along with luggage in my Scorpio).

Having driven a Tata Estate extensively, I can understand your friends concern when he TD'd the Aria. And since Tata has buses and trucks in its original DNA somewhere they keep forgetting they are designing a car.

You are right Creta with its price and offering will have a different market. In my view it might not even be competing with the XUV which is loaded to the gills in terms of being VFM.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:34   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I am neither a fanboy of TATA nor not a person to take criticism about TML.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3175379

Have you found a buyer yet?
Old 5th August 2015, 21:36   #234
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Would love to buy the HEXAGON but this time will probably not be among their first buyers unlike last time with the Aria. It is no doubt better than the XUV and with the revised front and rear and cladding the perfect size for me but still it can do with a 5 seater shorter options with a big dickey as well or with a 7 seater no space behind last row option like XUV. Some may prefer that combination.
Old 5th August 2015, 22:06   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Ha ! you picked up my first round of sale. I tried it once again around 70K KMs, but no satisfying takers, then refined my requirement and settled for E2O for Home-Office commute.
I decided to keep my Safari with myself. Probably, my Safari decided that way

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 09:35   #236
Senior - BHPian

Every time I see that this thread has new posts, I open it in the hope to see some update on the Hexa!
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 12:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Every time I see that this thread has new posts, I open it in the hope to see some update on the Hexa!

True, so do I. Are there any updates / hints from any birdies on when we could be looking at a probably launch date? Later this year / early next year?
Old 6th August 2015, 17:00   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Price would be a differentiator why people would go for a Hexa instead of the proven XUV5OO and the just launched Creta. Hope Tata does not make the same mistake as it did with the Aria.
Have you seen the pricing for Tata Bolt.

As sure as the day is long, Tata Motors will over price the Hexa buying into their own vision of it being a 'premium' product and then will be surprised when it does not sell.
Asifgrkhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:19   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifgrkhan View Post
Have you seen the pricing for Tata Bolt.

As sure as the day is long, Tata Motors will over price the Hexa buying into their own vision of it being a 'premium' product and then will be surprised when it does not sell.
To be honest I did not see the Tata Bolt pricing until now (I don't follow hatches much) and yes I got a shock bolt

Aria was a so called "premium" product and it bombed because of it price lets hope better sense prevails with the Hexa and the finished product is more compact then the concept else it is of no use to an average person.
Old 7th August 2015, 19:46   #240
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic, that is the Hexa. Any further off-topic posts won't be permitted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks