Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 14:05   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Thanks for the Unbiased and open minded review karthick_b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM360 View Post
Took delivery of my car today.
Did not see pics of a black vehicle and hence posting.

The overall quality as compared to the earlier version feels much better. The blue mood light is really cool.

I had issues with the sunroof which opens with a weird thud, we checked the demo vehicle which again had the same issue (I am worried if the mechanism will last long enough, especially since replacing the unit is quite expensive).
Congrats ! The gleaming black XUV is looking great !
Sad to hear about the sunroof niggle, people are mostly going for the W10 model because of the sunroof so mahindra should make sure it works perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Ok guys, Got the loan approval today. Need to call up a few dealers and bargain for the best deal now. A few queries:

1. I have my office in noida and residence in delhi. I am contemplating taking a Noida registration as that is costing around 50k lesser than the delhi one. I am planning to keep the car for 5-6 years. I believe there wont be a substantial difference in the re sale value after those many years. I drove a Noida registered Dzire for 7 years and now when I am planning to sell it, I am getting the same offers from both the cities. Any inputs on the same?
Well when i was looking for a used XUV all the UP/HR registered cars were priced lesser than the ones which were DL registered, browse through Carwale/Cartrade to get a better idea.

Quote:
2. I have already stretched my budget for W6 since I initially planned to go for my first love storme EX, so I am only planning to go for after market alloys, rain visors, gear lock, gps chip and Matting and may be a reverse cam. Would appreciate a cost break up for these items in delhi.
Aftermarket alloys would cost you around 20-30k for a set of 4 (Plati,HRS etc)
Did a search on Snapdeal/Flipkart for the other accessories and got mixed results, a neighborhood accessory shop will be your best option imo.

Quote:
3. My family is divided between Red and silver colours. Red looks smashing on xuv but requires more maintenance and fades off with time as I don't have a covered parking at home or office. Silver has got an under stated charm and elegance to it and stays new-like for years But my daughter finds it boring ( especially after being driven in a white dzire for seven long years, she says she wants SOME colour) . Though more than the colour, she desperately wants a new and BIG car
Color is a very personal choice, i personally feel it looks best in White. Silver comes second, if we get a W4 model then it`ll be our choice of color. If you wanna jazz up your garage then go for the Red one.

Looking forward to an ownership thread.

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 15th June 2015 at 07:23. Reason: Incorrect quoting. See mod note.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 14:32   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
@rajneesh and @karthic, thanks a ton for the messages. And rajneesh, I would be waiting for your cars delivery and would love to catch up too ( coffee's on me). I was a silent lover of safari even when I had bought the dzire 7 years back, But its little too late for looking back. My family has put the foot down and every single one of them is against buying a TATA. Although I have told them this time I am going as per their wishes but I will buy a tata suv someday for sure, may be a third generation storme , hence the Handle stays!! Anyways would really appreciate some suggestions from tbhpians on the points I had mentioned there.
Well,
I have been in th same situation. When I bought my SX4, 7 years back the other vehicle in contention was the Safari Dicor. It always had that magnetic pull on me but it was not really a well rounded product at that time. The ngine was coarde, the interiors bad and the turning circle that of MBT Arjun.

BTW have you family members seen th new Storme? It is preety cool vehicle now and is better value for money comapred to the earlier version. Ask them to come for a longish TD. If others in your family drive, get them to drive the Storme and the XUV and then ask them for their opinion. Sir, its never over till the fat lady sings.

I was getting confused between the everyday practicality of a S Cross and the emotional pull of the Storme. One statement from my wife settled it for me " You are above 40 now. The next vehicle you buy will be probably 6-7 years later. By then you will be closing in on 50 and the kids would have left the home for their higher education. What will you do with a SUV when we are only 2 people in the house? Go for a sedan/ hatchback as it will be more practical for us at that time. Do what your heart tells you to do before you are too old to do it. You only live once"

Last edited by rajneeesh : 13th June 2015 at 14:40.
rajneeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 18:09   #468
BHPian

Quote:
2. I have already stretched my budget for W6 since I initially planned to go for my first love storme EX, so I am only planning to go for after market alloys, rain visors, gear lock, gps chip and Matting and may be a reverse cam. Would appreciate a cost break up for these items in delhi.

3. My family is divided between Red and silver colours. Red looks smashing on xuv but requires more maintenance and fades off with time as I don't have a covered parking at home or office. Silver has got an under stated charm and elegance to it and stays new-like for years But my daughter finds it boring ( especially after being driven in a white dzire for seven long years, she says she wants SOME colour) . Though more than the colour, she desperately wants a new and BIG car

Please keep the suggestions rolling, all you cheetah lovers
My final 2 colors of choice were the same. I finally ended up choosing the silver for easy maintenance with no covered parking.

I finalized my accessories today

1. Side steps(Showroom quoted: 13K, discounted price 10K)
2. Rain visors(Showroom quoted: 2.2K, discounted price 2K)
3. Art leather seat covers(Showroom quoted: 10.5K, discounted price 10K) - Budget constraints for leather so will plan for true leather at a later point. The accessories manager guaranteed the fit and finish and says the durability will be easily 3 to 5 years with no issues.
4. Illuminated scuff plates(Showroom quoted: 4.2K, discounted price 3.8K) - Puddle lamps are out in W6 so thought this might add on little bling.
4. Garmin 5 inches reverse parking camera/display with GPS(Showroom quoted: 22.5K, discounted price 19.5K) - They are suggesting it to be mounted on the windshield since the only place on dashboard they can mount it is on the left corner because of the flatter surface. The only challenge I see is a cable falling from the roof to the windshield. Is this a hindrance? any experiences? I did not choose the IRVM reverse display since I wanted GPS.

Total discounted price : 45.3K, I have rounded it off to 44K.

Additionally, I am planning body cover worth 1.5K and magnetic sun shades of 1.8K(I am yet to discount these). Yet to finalize on the alloys, still looking for one which is of the same specification as the originals.

Dropped rear guard from the list since it spoils the looks.

The showroom is giving standard accessories such as floor mats, Ganesha idol, car perfume for free.

Ironically, the XUV Accessories page has been removed.
Prash22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 19:24   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
attaching the accesories price list i checked out at Mahindra showroom Vasai - just for price comparison
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-xuv-acc.jpg  

Old 13th June 2015, 19:44   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good list of accessories you have bought Prashanth, you have chosen it sensibly. Did you do the PDI? When is the delivery date?

Did you get a chance to check on the HUD, how good it is? how much do they cost?

And for the accessories brochure refer this link.

New XUV Accessories

Last edited by fusionbang : 13th June 2015 at 19:48.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 20:24   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I was getting confused between the everyday practicality of a S Cross and the emotional pull of the Storme. One statement from my wife settled it for me " You are above 40 now. The next vehicle you buy will be probably 6-7 years later. By then you will be closing in on 50 and the kids would have left the home for their higher education. What will you do with a SUV when we are only 2 people in the house? Go for a sedan/ hatchback as it will be more practical for us at that time. Do what your heart tells you to do before you are too old to do it. You only live once"
I am in the same boat. However my wife tells me that what well you do with a SUV when you are 50. If you want to buy one, buy it now.
Old 13th June 2015, 22:07   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Good list of accessories you have bought Prashanth, you have chosen it sensibly. Did you do the PDI? When is the delivery date?

Did you get a chance to check on the HUD, how good it is? how much do they cost?

And for the accessories brochure refer this link.

New XUV Accessories
Thanks Sunay. I'll let you know for the PDI. My delivery date is 20th but I might push it a week later or so. Although I'm not too very particular about the dates I'll have to listen to others in the family with some pre Ashada month this year.

HUD is not in my radar at this moment.
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 22:08   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resh@22 View Post
My neighbour got the new XUV 500 W10 in black. It had the sunroof which was covered by the roof luggage carrier
IMHO, this ruined the looks of the car up to some extent and also reduced the purpose of having a sunroof.
On a lighter note, he can keep a check on his luggage when on highway at high speeds.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 00:26   #474
BHPian

Need inputs!!

Am considering an earlier version of XUV 5oo and with the budget I had kept in mind, I could either go in for a fresher version W4 or older W6. And, older W6 is what I have zeroed down on.

The problem now is, I wanted the Grey color which is a Feb'15 manufactured vehicle and was invoiced/delivered to a covered warehouse only in last week of April'15. Visited the warehouse & did a thorough check, absolutely no issues with the vehicle.

Other alternative is, Silver or White W6 which is April 2015 manufactured.

My heart is set on Grey while mind says Silver!!! What would you recommend and Why?

P.S. White is out of list, with my last name (obvious from my handle) the last thing I want is to be driving a White SUV.

Last edited by mantrig : 14th June 2015 at 00:28.
Old 14th June 2015, 05:10   #475
BHPian

Quote:
3. Art leather seat covers(Showroom quoted: 10.5K, discounted price 10K) - Budget constraints for leather so will plan for true leather at a later point. The accessories manager guaranteed the fit and finish and says the durability will be easily 3 to 5 years
Who will do the fitting? In my case bought the seat covers from a accessories shop and got the fitting done from an expert who charged Rs.1500.

Trust me its hell of a job. It took 5 hours approx. All the seats had to be removed and even the plastic part behind the seats. Ask them for bucket fitting else its useless. In bucket fitting the seat cover takes the shape of the original seat.

If it's not done this way, the covers will stay loose and trust me you will hate it.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 09:59   #476
BHPian

Hi guys, I have decided for the new age cheetah W10 AWD, though not finalised on the colour yet. I am waiting for the car to be launched in CSD. Till then, i will try and complete the loan formality.

In the accessory list for W10, it shows reverse camera as an accessory. I thought it was standard on the W10. Any clarification guys?
Old 14th June 2015, 10:02   #477
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi guys, I have decided for the new age cheetah W10 AWD, though not finalised on the colour yet. I am waiting for the car to be launched in CSD. Till then, i will try and complete the loan formality.

In the accessory list for W10, it shows reverse camera as an accessory. I thought it was standard on the W10. Any clarification guys?

Hello, W10 already has a camera.
Infact when you get the accessories list from the dealer just ask him to strike off things that will already come with your car since most of it will already come in W10.
And congratulations for deciding on getting the beast, can suggest you the new white color or the orange both are really good! But do check them out in person.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 14th June 2015 at 10:03.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 10:07   #478
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, W10 already has a camera.
Infact when you get the accessories list from the dealer just ask him to strike off things that will already come with your car since most of it will already come in W10.
And congratulations for deciding on getting the beast, can suggest you the new white color or the orange both are really good! But do check them out in person.

Yes Tanveer...Am in Gurgaon for a week so will be taking my family to see the new beast an the colours in person.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:21   #479
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need inputs!!

Hearty congratulations on your booking mantrig. I would suggest always go with your heart, because I was also in a dilemma either to go for a older version or newer version. My mind was wanting newer version because of the new looks and improvements, but heart was always wanting older version for the butch looks, darker interiors and of course the discounts. Hence I went ahead with my heart and bought the older version.

So if you like grey color go ahead for it as 2 months difference should not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Am considering an earlier version of XUV 5oo and with the budget I had kept in mind, I could either go in for a fresher version W4 or older W6. And, older W6 is what I have zeroed down on.

The problem now is, I wanted the Grey color which is a Feb'15 manufactured vehicle and was invoiced/delivered to a covered warehouse only in last week of April'15. Visited the warehouse & did a thorough check, absolutely no issues with the vehicle.

Other alternative is, Silver or White W6 which is April 2015 manufactured.

My heart is set on Grey while mind says Silver!!! What would you recommend and Why?

P.S. White is out of list, with my last name (obvious from my handle) the last thing I want is to be driving a White SUV.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 16:24   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Who will do the fitting? In my case bought the seat covers from a accessories shop and got the fitting done from an expert who charged Rs.1500.

Trust me its hell of a job. It took 5 hours approx. All the seats had to be removed and even the plastic part behind the seats. Ask them for bucket fitting else its useless. In bucket fitting the seat cover takes the shape of the original seat.

If it's not done this way, the covers will stay loose and trust me you will hate it.
I am having the showroom guys do it. It's part of the xuv genuine accessories. If you look at the accessories page of the new XUV they have 2 options. I am going with the one that has more black and less beige.
I checked with the accessories manager and he did mention he can guarantee 80 to 90% fit similar to the leather seats.
Right, they will have to needle and knot the threads for tighter fit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks