Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 16:34   #376
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Battery might not be the culprit here (neither the distance). I believe the vehicle should reach a certain speed before start-stop kicks in. I was initially confused as well, but later realized it from my own observation.

Even in short distances (5-10 meters), try speeding above ~10km and start stop will kick in. In bumper to bumper, I wait a bit before moving so that start stop can kick in.
The image in the following post shows ALL the prerequisites for the start-stop to work:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3717489

You are indeed right. There is a 2kmph speed threshold which should have been reached at least once in the current ignition cycle for the start-stop to work .
Old 1st June 2015, 17:42   #377
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Don`t go for the W10 model JUST for the sunroof guys. A sunroof can be easily installed from outside (Webasto) for a lesser price. I get the fact that a company installed product gives more confidence but you also get warranty on aftermarket sunroofs and A.S.S too. Just my two cents.
You maybe right, but I'm personally averse to after market products. I prefer to buy whatever accessories in original form from the manufacturer.

I know i maybe wasting money, but thats my personal call. Further, integrity will also help with resale value.
Old 1st June 2015, 17:53   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The TPMS needs a sensor in each wheel and that sensor is integrated with the valve of the alloy. From what I understand, the valve and the sensor assembly can not be moved to another design alloy. That should explain why TPMS would be lost once someone changes the alloys to another design.
This is true until actually someone looks at the valve by removing tyre. The valves from inside have a small unit that holds battery and RFID transmitter along with temp and pressure sensors. That entire assembly unless stuck onto the alloy from inside, you can move to another one without issue. About how it is done in new XUV, we can't really tell unless its opened and checked.

I can imagine sales person not knowing this to last minute detail but I smell some ignorance in there. I don't think that engineers would do such rigid design that in case if the valve is broken/ gone bad for whatever reason, you would need to replace entire alloy! And for the very same reason, vice-versa.

There would be some hard bonding must be done - in your infotainment unit, it must specify which wheel has got which sensor. When you rotate tyres/ change for flat etc, the infotainment unit captures it exactly. That means the pairing of valves and tyres is reflected into the unit. So if you change the pairing, someone having admin access/ secret codes kinda magic needs to update that pairing. Too technical for the ordinary users. May be salesman just made up the reason.

Again knowing this thing from my aftermarket thing in a car that is not Mahindra, I am just adding information as I am thinking and hoping that I will buy the XUV and figure this out

Last edited by abirnale : 1st June 2015 at 17:54.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 17:59   #379
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.2...

Attaching a few pics of the accessories list,

Really interested to know about the headsup display!

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433161706.999863.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433161721.265641.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433161730.167092.jpg

Also anyone looking to buy the new age xuv get the insurance from outside and you can save upto 40k !

Edit : Thank you mods for rotating the pictures.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 1st June 2015 at 18:18.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:17   #380
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Will probably be something like this

But given the pricing, probably less functional.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2015 at 18:19.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:20   #381
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This is true until actually someone looks at the valve by removing tyre. The valves from inside have a small unit that holds battery and RFID transmitter along with temp and pressure sensors. That entire assembly unless stuck onto the alloy from inside, you can move to another one without issue. About how it is done in new XUV, we can't really tell unless its opened and checked.
Logically what you are saying is absolutely correct. No designer would design the valve+sensors in such a way that it can not be taken off. Having said that, since its a tubeless tyre, in order to avoid air leaking from the valve area, the valve (& the sensor) must have been bonded with the alloy in some way.

What I have said about "it can not be removed and shifted to another design alloy" is exactly what I have heard from the service personnel. This is not about 'aftermarket' alloys. I remember reading about people who have reported the same thing about having to lose TPMS when stock alloys are replaced with 'official accessories' alloys.

Most likely it would involve some 'jugaad' that the service-center people are unwilling to do.

Here's a pic of the valve+sensor assembly.
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-tpms-sensor-dsc_0745.jpg

Sorry for Off-topic discussion on this thread.

Last edited by SDP : 1st June 2015 at 18:23.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:22   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
You maybe right, but I'm personally averse to after market products. I prefer to buy whatever accessories in original form from the manufacturer.

I know i maybe wasting money, but thats my personal call. Further, integrity will also help with resale value.
Personally I wouldn't do a mod as drastic as sunroof from outside. I have seen small holes in the body to put some screws for some fitment cause issues like water leakage inside cabin and impacting electricals etc. Imagine the complications that a leaking roof can cause. They may give warranty on the roof but what about the damage that it would cause to the car as a result of the leakage.

Last edited by supertinu : 1st June 2015 at 18:26.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:27   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Will probably be something like this

But given the pricing, probably less functional.

Yeah its just for 4560 rs, will try to get some more information regarding it, would be a cool add on to have though.

Also is the pricing for most of the items seems to be fair this time around? Usually the pricing for the accessories from the dealers are quite high.
Old 1st June 2015, 18:39   #384
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.2...

Quote:
Attaching a few pics of the accessories list,

I genuinely doubt whether many of these are 'official' accessories. Most likely the dealer is selling standard after-market stuff as accessories.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:45   #385
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.2...

Quote:
I genuinely doubt whether many of these are 'official' accessories. Most likely the dealer is selling standard after-market stuff as accessories.
Yes most of them are aftermarket.

Also no type of tints provided, has to be because its illegal now, 4 pcs of magetic curtain for 1450 seems to be good though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:58   #386
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes most of them are aftermarket.

Also no type of tints provided, has to be because its illegal now, 4 pcs of magetic curtain for 1450 seems to be good though.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Did anyone notice that the official XUV site gives an error when you try to download the accessories brochure? Its been the same from the day the facelift was launched. 5 days should have been enough for them to notice and fix it. But then, its Mahindras.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:55   #387
BHPian

I doubt if the magnetic shades provided by the companies are legal either? It defies the very purpose of having this law. Still they are selling it as an official accessory . Strange!!
Old 1st June 2015, 20:44   #388
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I doubt if the magnetic shades provided by the companies are legal either? It defies the very purpose of having this law. Still they are selling it as an official accessory . Strange!!
This is not an M&M official accessory. Its just offered by the dealer, that's all.

EDIT: Just saw Prash22's message. Looks like the headsup display as well as the magnetic shades are indeed offered as official accessories. I stand corrected.

Last edited by SDP : 1st June 2015 at 20:49.
Old 1st June 2015, 20:44   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation.

Did anyone notice that the official XUV site gives an error when you try to download the accessories brochure? Its been the same from the day the facelift was launched. 5 days should have been enough for them to notice and fix it. But then, its Mahindras.
Here you go NEW AGE XUV ACCESSORIES
Prash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 22:42   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is not an M&M official accessory. Its just offered by the dealer, that's all.

EDIT: Just saw Prash22's message. Looks like the headsup display as well as the magnetic shades are indeed offered as official accessories. I stand corrected.

Yes saw the link, it seems the mahindra dealers too aren't still aware about all the details.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks