Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 18:01   #346
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Let me see whether I can get one, a relative of mine is getting the new W6 Delivered. I shall post the pictures then, if no one else has come up with the pics by Monday.
peterjim13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 18:03   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Frankly I want to see how the cowl matches on the monochrome screen. Second, seat cover quality is important too. So I'm curious
In that case, let me see I will ask my sales executive to take me to his stockyard to check on W4 and W6 if available. The stockyard is hardly 5 mins from my office and I can visit and get some pictures. Hope the stocks have arrived, because I remember him saying he has 40 vehicles of W8 & W10 only.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 18:55   #348
BHPian

@peterjim13 and @fusionbang , looking forward to the W6 pics. Pls try to click both exterior and interior shots. Thanks in advance
Old 29th May 2015, 21:16   #349
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra just launched the refreshed XUV500 in India and along with it, launched a new top end variant i.e. the W10. While sales in India have commenced, Mahindra is expected to launch the W8 variant of the SUV in Australia as well.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-galleryphotos_big03.jpg
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 22:18   #350
BHPian

Hello friends,

I really liked the facelift overall still its surprising that there is no driver information display integrated with instrument cluster. I feel its very basic these days. It could add up to the information like average speed, gear shift indicator, real time mileage.

TPMS still doesnt display the tire pressure when the pressure is normal, its vice versa for the scorpio.

I really don't understand why has mahindra not provided new XUV with sliding middle row, are they scared that it can hamper XUVs SUV image. At least there could be a variant with middle row captain seats, that would had added to the middle row comfort.

Asking for HID in projectors would be greedy on my part, but more is always less.

Many features has been stripped off the W6 variant, excited to see its interiors and new wheel caps if any changes in that.

Last edited by rahul_kej : 29th May 2015 at 22:37. Reason: video already shared
Old 29th May 2015, 22:39   #351
Senior - BHPian

Wow..Mahindra has really boosted their marketing. This video was well made and covers the features of the car in great detail. Haven't see this for another car in India. More like a manual. Highly recommended for car owners. Suggest to append this to the review of the update.

Really sad to see no AT. This would have been my prefect upgrade.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 29th May 2015 at 22:44.
Old 30th May 2015, 11:21   #352
D4D
BHPian

It's a toned down design, yet very smart looking. Yet, I feel Mahindra overdid the headlamps with the S-curve.

The ARAI certified FE has improved by 0.9 kmpl. It's 16 kmpl now.

Mahindra have just improved an existing package and done it well.

Still feel Mahindra had missed an opportunity by not providing an AT
Old 30th May 2015, 11:42   #353
BHPian

I did have a look at the updated version and did a short test drive too. Overall I liked it, and perhaps because the test drive vehicle was brand new, felt that the car was much smoother compared to the earlier version.

The beige interiors are a big disappointment though - however the quality of interiors have moved up a notch. So there is a plus and minus.

The front looks fine - I am anyway not a big fan of "Aggressive/butch front/looks" for my car - I dont have any use for that on the road! neither to fill my ego nor to scare other motorists or pedestrians . This versions looks much more sober, and in a good way for me.

I still dont like the rear view - they could have done something about it, but chose not to.

the new Entertainment unit looks and feels much better.

I drove the top end one, and the gizmos on offer are quite attractive though I have my doubts about the long-term reliability of sunroofs etc. The electrical seats are good, but yes as someone mentioned, if it had some sort of memory that would have been great.

Anyways I think its a good package for the price.

Addl: The sales person tells me that the vehicle comes with a 3 yr/100000 km warranty plus an optional extended warranty of an additional 2 years for around 20 k more. I think thats quite decent, though I dont know the fine print about that yet.

Last edited by Bigzero : 30th May 2015 at 11:46.
Bigzero is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 12:36   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
@peterjim13 and @fusionbang , looking forward to the W6 pics. Pls try to click both exterior and interior shots. Thanks in advance
Guys, as promised I visited the stockyard and here are some pics of the W6 model. Unfortunately there were no stocks of W4 and I think it would take some more weeks to arrive at the dealership.

Front look without foglamps:
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_11_59_55_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_11_59_58_pro.jpg

New beige interiors and the 6inch monochrome infotainment system with a hood above it:
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_12_00_31_pro.jpg

Website says no 2nd row reading lamps, but I could see the W6 has 2nd row reading lamps (sorry for the blurr image)
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_12_00_44_pro.jpg

Fabric seats and the waterfall design, you can see the CD slot is available and USB, AUX is at the same position as before
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_12_01_18_pro.jpg

Rear applique without chrome
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_12_01_28_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-wp_20150530_12_01_33_pro.jpg

Let me know if anybody is looking for older version, my dealer is having stocks of W8 and they are giving discounts around 80K for the same. I can help you guys ( MODS - NO intention of advertising here, just to help our members I posted this as most of the dealer do not have the stock of earlier version and some might be interested in the earlier version)

Last edited by fusionbang : 30th May 2015 at 12:43.
fusionbang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 12:47   #355
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

An observations on pricing vs the competition:

The W10 variant is a welcome addition, and the looks in my view are more sober and hence better. I would consider an AT version.

But, But what got the XUV moving in India was the superb pricing especially initially over the Aria but through the creeping mode hasn't the XUV now become as high priced as the Aria was initially? Agreed it looks better as in more like an SUV, but leave out the sunroof and the powered front seats the Pride 4X4 is essentially comparable to the smaller XUV W10 in terms of landed cost pricing, or maybe the W10 is priced higher even considering the two features keeping in mind the discounts on the Dud Aria today.

A lower pricing on the XUV W8 and W10 models would have forced Tata hand on the HEXA, (which should have the AT when it comes out) especially as the W6 seems to have gone a bit lower on the specifications. But that sadly not been the case. Hope TATA is not mislead by the XUV pricing and realizes that it needs to now be LOWER priced initially to move off the stores.

Also now the Rexton pricing gap is closed and the New Endy will obviously have a 5L gap over this even if kept a tad below the Fortuner.

But then if the Innova can sustain at the current price points it does make the XUV look VFM in all variant forms if one has only 5 real passengers to move.

This is the magic of penetrative pricing at launch.

Last edited by ACM : 30th May 2015 at 12:56.
Old 30th May 2015, 13:29   #356
BHPian

The absence of fog lamps in w6 is somehow making the front design look awkward in my opinion.
Old 30th May 2015, 13:56   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post

The front looks fine - I am anyway not a big fan of "Aggressive/butch front/looks" for my car - I dont have any use for that on the road! neither to fill my ego nor to scare other motorists or pedestrians . This versions looks much more sober, and in a good way for me.
Well said, not sure why an suv is always supposed to look like a `beast`. The new xuv looks more mature/premium to me, definitely not feminine, don't get how a car can look like a certain gender actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, as promised I visited the stockyard and here are some pics of the W6 model. Unfortunately there were no stocks of W4 and I think it would take some more weeks to arrive at the dealership.
Thanks ! Were the wheel covers different from the current design ?

Here`s a pic i found of what looks like a W6 model from the official XUV Facebook page -

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-fb_img_1432585857841.jpg

Can you install aftermarket fog lamps in a W6 ?
faithless_1984 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 13:57   #358
BHPian

Yes, IMO too the lack of fog lamps is making the XUV look too vague from the front-end. Expect a lot of W6 owners to go for after fitment of fog lamps. With the absence of chrome inserts on the front grill, God save W4.
Old 30th May 2015, 14:07   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Thanks ! Were the wheel covers different from the current design ?

Can you install aftermarket fog lamps in a W6 ?
There were no wheel covers in stock yard. The wheel covers will be fitted only during delivery, hence din't get a chance to see them.

And on the fog lamps, I think Mahindra will provide it as an accessory.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 14:09   #360
BHPian

The earlier W6 did have fogs lamps. Why have they omitted now? I am a W6 owner myself. The only things I like about this new version are the centre console top, and the front grill(teeth) . Cant comment on the suspension part unless I ride one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks