Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 13:25   #451
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Great pricing, Renault has a winner here, its time for the market to respond, may not shake the Alto, but the Eon will surely face the heat & may take a hit as well.
Renault should have given ABS & the passenger airbag as an option atleast in the top trim. It would shoot up the price, but prospective buyers who lay emphasis on safety would surely skip the Alto & turn towards the Kwid.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 13:34   #452
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Good pricing, however i hope

1) Introductory pricing won't be jacked up too much in near future.
2) Renault should provide ABS and passenger airbag in the RXT(O) variant and at least the RXT variant should have had driver airbag+ABS as standard.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:36   #453
BHPian

wow. This is going to sell like hot cakes now. Kudos to renault for the great pricing. This will surely give the alto a run for its money. I just wish we knew a little better about the safety of the structure and chassis which is usually a sore point in cars in this budget category.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:37   #454
BHPian

Wowwwww.. What a pricing, Bang on. Although I do not intend to buy now, this car is definitely there in the list by next year. Hopefully the initial rush will get settled by that time. I have seen this car on road and it has a good road presence. Alto has to think big now and Renault's 5% market share by 2017 would be a reality if they bring in one more vehicle in the next year with similar pricing and a different segment (ofcourse not to mention mass moving segment)
Old 24th September 2015, 13:40   #455

I am not in the market for a new car, but the way this thing looks and now the way it has been priced, i am almost feeling the urge to just buy one and keep it - just in case Renault runs out of it when i need it stupid
Old 24th September 2015, 13:48   #456
Senior - BHPian

People expecting ABS and passenger airbag in this car are not considering what other players in this segment is offering.

At this price point its not even value for money, I would say better than VFM. One has to move segments to get the kind of features this car is offering and anything beyond this is simple greed.

It is quite possible that few additional features may get added in due course of time but let the company taste success with the product !

Clear winner and can take away a portion of MSIL sales where Renault dealerships are present and people know the brand.

5000+ is the very minimum I would expect month-on-month basis; which can grow further as the dealership network expands along with brand recall

Extremely happy with both Renault and Ford for ground breaking pricing.

MSIL will call an emergency meeting anytime soon.
i74js is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:00   #457
tez
BHPian

very good pricing from Renault.
however time will only tell if this impacts alto in any way. General thought process of maruti especially Alto, being more easily serviced and is maintenance free needs to be shaken by any other auto maker to topple it from top spot.
Here renault has only 250 odd services centers and maruti in range of 1400-1500.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:01   #458
BHPian

A great move by Renault!! This is definition going to impact the Alto & Celerio sales.

What this will do further IMO is better the overall range is by bring prices down of competitors &/or them offering more equipment, which the like of Maruti completely lacks concerns of due to market domination.

Wishing all the best to Renault to capture a good market share with this move.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:03   #459
BHPian

Absolutely killer pricing! In a parallel universe, probably the Kwid would have pinned down the Alto & choked it to death!!

But we all know our country's love for Maruti. Remains to be seen how much it dents the Alto's sales. If the Kwid can't do it, then I'm afraid no car might ever!
Old 24th September 2015, 14:13   #460
BHPian

Mouth watering price for sure. We were planning to replace my wifes Alto K10 and this fits the bill for sure. I wouldnt have mind extra 50 grands for ABS, passenger side airbag and all 4 power windows
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:13   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
This is definition going to impact the Alto & Celerio sales.

I always thought KWID was more of a Celerio and WagonR fighter than Alto, that's why utterly surprised with this Alto segment pricing.

I am just hoping someone also plonks a 1.2 Litre Engine or a Diesel Engine into this car. That will make it a real SUV in driveability as well

Mods, any updates on when the official T-BHP review is going to be uploaded. I have see all the other reviews but T-BHP review is always the best one for me. Brings out +ve and -ve both and has a very balance approach. Awaiting for it.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:19   #462
BHPian

Stunning prices for a stunning car. Looks like Kwid has landed the sucker punch on the EON if not the Alto.

Hopefully Renault will launch the rumoured 1L engine variant with AMT and ABS as options sooner rather than later.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:21   #463
BHPian

This car surely changes things a lot for other manufacturers as well.

Waiting to see how Maruti/Hyundai reacts to this. Expecting heavy discounts on Celerio(which is doing just about ok by Maruti standards) and Eon(is a slow mover now).
Alto, should also face some pricing changes and that would keep it in the no.1 spot. Afterall Alto sells in places where Renault is unheard of.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:24   #464
BHPian

Oh My! That's some terrific pricing! If Renault gets up more showrooms and reaches to the mass better with a better ASS, then Maruti is seriously going to face some tough time. For the Nano - less said the better!

I really expected the pricing to start from maybe 3.3 lacs but 2.57 lacs is just shocking even now!
Old 24th September 2015, 14:25   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pricing by Renault. But by no means it is going to make a dent on the Alto. Just a great product is not enough, it needs a exhaustive dealer network to make it do big numbers.

Nissan if I am not mistaken has ~200 dealerships across India. Maruti on the other hand has ~700 dealerships. More than anything else, it is this huge network that gives Maruti the big numbers.

I would say the Alto has nothing to worry. Eon which is an under performer by Hyundai's standards will be hit. Even the Nano can get hit.

2 Airbags and ABS at least on the top 2 variants would have been nice. Basically beating the competition and not just matching what it offers. The AVN system is a nice USP. Would attract buyers in this segment
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks