Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 13:35   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Any news on the AMT version of KWID yet?
Old 28th September 2015, 13:50   #587
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Just checked with Thane Showroom in Maharashtra. They already have 150 + bookings and deliveries would start after 5th October. No commitment on delivery date is being given for fresh bookings, but it would only be after Diwali as per them. They are delivering about 100 vehicles next month.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:57   #588
BHPian

The OP says "Nissan's offering (codenamed: I2), built on this very platform, will wear the Datsun badge and will be introduced next year."
Any further information on Datsun rebadged Kwid?
Old 28th September 2015, 14:36   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I saw Maruti giving good discounts on its entire lineup for 4 days only offer. I saw an entire page ad in chennai for this. The unique thing is the 50k offers in alto. I think Maruti is trying to lure customers who are on the edge between kwid and alto with these offers
There have always been discounts on the new Alto to the tune of 65k (30k normal + 30k exchange + 5k corporate).
Just that now they have had the need to advertise it to distract customer base from the Kwid.

They did the same to the old Alto when the Nano was launched, with full page ads, discounts and even brought in an all new color. Just that Nano did not pose much of the threat later, but Kwid has the potential to do just that.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:41   #590
BHPian

Saw this in the flesh at a Renault showroom. It was parked in the basement. The salesman showed it. Looks like a thumbnail of the Duster from the front. The exterior plastics (mirrors) look quite sub-par in quality. Paint finish was nice. A nice, small, compact car.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:43   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
The OP says "Nissan's offering (codenamed: I2), built on this very platform, will wear the Datsun badge and will be introduced next year."
Any further information on Datsun rebadged Kwid?
That should be the Datsun RediGo. The Kwid, in fact, looks like a toned down version of the RediGo.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 16:00   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Just booked using the app. Dealer said priority is for people who book this way. Delivery date, no idea.
Any idea on the transparency of the process?

But I think this is a step in the correct direction. I say this after my Honda City purchase last year where I had no idea on the delivery date until 2 days before it was delivered!

Would be good to eventually have something like a serial-wise booking id and continuous updates on number of dispatches in order to show transparency in the overall process. Hope larger guys like Maruti / Hyundai go this route soon.
Old 28th September 2015, 17:15   #593
Senior - BHPian

No idea. Wish it were like you said. Being able to modify the order, track the status..
Old 28th September 2015, 18:15   #594
Senior - BHPian

Nice read on NDTV.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/renault-kw...he-pan-1223391

First time Maruti has got some real competition. Not sure how it is going to be in the actual market. Renault is still an unknown company to many Indians, yes its true. Also they have very limited reach in India. Tier II and III cities don't have their showrooms, forget the rural India. Renault has to work really hard if they want bigger success for this car.
Old 28th September 2015, 18:39   #595
BHPian

Another point of view - The resale values of cars such as alto will take a hit. 2012 make altos are sold at 3L or more in truevalue showroom. Now will there be buyers for such overpriced used cars?
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 19:23   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Another point of view - The resale values of cars such as alto will take a hit. 2012 make altos are sold at 3L or more in truevalue showroom. Now will there be buyers for such overpriced used cars?
Wow this simply is shocking. Such insane resale values foing down is good for everyone.

I bought a June 2012 Ford Figo ZXI diesel in pristine condition for 3.6 lakhs last September ie 2014 . I find it shocking that people are ready to pay such high prices for a car two segments lower that too a petrol one.
Old 28th September 2015, 19:24   #597
BHPian

Quote:

Yes and that's also a potentially huge market where Kwid can impact. Do remember that a lot of crowd which the Nano wanted to target, was more willing to buy used Alto instead. So while everyone is expecting Kwid to pull first time Alto buyers (who also happen to be first time buyers primarily and extremely risk averse), the action might happen elsewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Wow this simply is shocking. Such insane resale values foing down is good for everyone.

I bought a June 2012 Ford Figo ZXI diesel in pristine condition for 3.6 lakhs last September ie 2014 . I find it shocking that people are ready to pay such high prices for a car two segments lower that too a petrol one.
Simply a case of demand and supply wherein lot of rookies want to try their hand at a used car for a few years. It's kept the resale value of 800/Zen/Alto quite high compared to more expensive cars.

Last edited by avisidhu : 28th September 2015 at 19:26.
avisidhu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 20:11   #598
Senior - BHPian

Kwid @ Mumbai airport. Looks like the Gauls are pulling out all the stops for the new "K(w)ID" on the block!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-img20150928wa0006.jpg  

arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 21:07   #599
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2015 at 12:54.
skdking is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th September 2015, 22:31   #600
BHPian

Some more pics of the hanging Kwid from Bombay & another one about to shoot off, this time from Gurgaon.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cpv0dilukaaztj6.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cpv0fmrvaaacvxk.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cpv0fsausaaecwk.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cpv0fxdusaa8gyz.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cpuoeluwaarupt.jpg

via twitter
SandyX is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks