Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 15:57   #436
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The chrome strip at the rear also an addition in one of the cars, probably the higher spec version.
Indeed that's the top-end Alpha variant with the reverse view camera integrated on the middle of the chrome strip above the Suzuki logo. Another pic from the IAA 2015:

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-suzukibalenoiaa201511.jpg
Old 12th October 2015, 15:57   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Question would it be possible to swap the DRL and projector equipped headlamps with the normal headlight assembly of the top end. Also similar question for touch screen system.
If you see for S Cross they had the HID/DRL Park light only on the Alpha variant at launch.

But 2 months after its launch it seems to be offered as an accessory for other variants if you need.

So I guess in the Baleno too this is possible at a later date.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:01   #438
BHPian

More images from Twitter:
Initial driving impressions are positive too
Car comes with 2 different shades of Blue.

Sources:
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture2.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture3.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture4.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture5.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture7.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture8.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture9.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture10.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-sticker1.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture11.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture12.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture14.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture13.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture15.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture16.jpg  

Last edited by Sherlocked : 12th October 2015 at 16:28.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:14   #439
BHPian

Quote:
DRLS looks great, and I agree the spy pics did not look as great as this.

Question would it be possible to swap the DRL and projector equipped headlamps with the normal headlight assembly of the top end. Also similar question for touch screen system.

Maruti should have at least kept the CVT version on Zeta also.
Looking at the S-cross , after few months Maruti has released the Projektor's as an accesory, I hope they might do it here too. CVT variant might be expensive(looking at the cost of Jazz CVT) and might end up overshooting the price range Maruti intends to keep for this car. I would suggest with few cosmetic juggads your CVT Delta will be better looking than the stock Alpha. Of course telescopic steering wheel and height adjustable seat are something that will go missing and possibly can't be retrofitted.

Last edited by WRXXX : 12th October 2015 at 16:16.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:18   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Looking at the S-cross , after few months Maruti has released the Projektor's as an accesory, I hope they might do it here too. CVT variant might be expensive(looking at the cost of Jazz CVT) and might end up overshooting the price range Maruti intends to keep for this car. I would suggest with few cosmetic juggads your CVT Delta will be better looking than the stock Alpha. Of course telescoping steering wheel and height adjustable seat is something that will go missing and probably can't be retrofitted.
True alloy is something I would anyway want to get done from outside, when I looked at the spec sheet these two were a couple of l features I would have loved to have and could definitely be possible. Though if the Zeta was available directly at let's say 8 lacs ex showroom,I would have been very interested And would have been a 3 way battle between Baleno, Zest AMT and Jazz CVT, as all will be similary priced.

Any idea how much did the projector assembly cost for S Cross.
Old 12th October 2015, 16:22   #441
BHPian

Quote:

Any idea how much did the projector assembly cost for S Cross.
Based on the post in the S-cross thread it seems 17k

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3823256

I think @Volkman and others in the S-cross club will know more details.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:25   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think @Volkman and others in the S-cross club will know more details.
In Delhi i understand the quote is 17K per headlight . This has just arrived in Bangalore and Pricing has not been decided.
Will post in S Cross thread when more is available.

Baleno Delta variant (doesn't have chrome handles/alloys/DRLs /touchscreen/CarPlay or TFT cluster)- SVP Twitter.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crgmslwwaa4vie.jpg-large.jpg

Maruti has given the Baleno 185-section, 15-inch wheels as standard, with the top-end variant getting bigger 16-inch alloys.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2015 at 20:27.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:34   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Baleno Centre TFT screen displays real-time info. Impressive resolution and animations too
Source
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-17.jpg

Some images of Red Baleno. Source

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-19.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crhlalzueaaez8u.jpg

Last edited by Sherlocked : 12th October 2015 at 16:53.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:54   #444
BHPian

The TFT cluster looks fab. Shows the interior trims as beige when they infact are black

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 12th October 2015 at 16:56.
Old 12th October 2015, 17:00   #445
BHPian

They have decided to give those cool alloys a miss. First the S-cross and now this. They need better alloy wheel designers. Or just go with the global ones.
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:36   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

The TFT looks cool. S-Cross should have got this too. And Maruti just doesn't seem to get rid of that power window switches, come what may!!

I still cant find this product interesting and would easily give it a miss. i20 still remain my pic, even if I need to pay a premium.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:47   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I still cant find this product interesting and would easily give it a miss. i20 still remain my pic, even if I need to pay a premium.
I think if ride and handling wasn't my top priority i20 is my pick too. I consider Hyundai has to bring in their "N" team learning's to their cars. Can we say that would take 5 years and a new product?
Old 12th October 2015, 18:03   #448
BHPian

Quote:
I think if ride and handling wasn't my top priority i20 is my pick too.
Indeed. Its the ride and handling department that deters me from buying a Hyundai.
Though they are constantly improving themselves in it but still Suzuki has an upper edge when it comes to steering feedback and suspension setup.

That said I mostly recommend my non petrol-head folks a Hyundai knowing that people love gizmos and flashy looks but I know very well that I myself will never buy one!

Its just that you'll get reliability with both Hyundai and Maruti but with a Maruti (or should I say Suzuki) you'll even get a notch better driving pleasure.
Makes the choice simpler, eh?

Last edited by Sherlocked : 12th October 2015 at 18:11. Reason: Typo
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 18:29   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

So as posted earlier, will the cars be available to see in nexa showrooms from tomorrow for mango people?
Old 12th October 2015, 18:45   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to see 2 shades of blue and no black.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crhhxtxwoae4ssh.jpg

Initial reports seem very positive. Few take aways I could infer.
  • Performance is good. helped by the lighter weight.So assume the petrol will be better than the i20/jazz and diesel on par.
  • Feels planted on the highway.
  • Smart interior offers good fit and finish Controls are well within reach too.
  • Apple Carplay works brilliantly. Center TFT also brilliant.
  • Some bits remnant of the other maruti's
  • Top end gets keyless push start/stop, reverse camera, voice recognition, projector lamps, LED DRLs & follow-me lights.
  • Baleno Delta variant doesn't get chrome handles/alloys/DRLs /touchscreen/CarPlay or TFT cluster. Very disappointing since this is the only variant with AT option.
  • Both ABS and airbags standard across all variants. Great job Maruti.
  • Claimed mileage on the Baleno diesel is 27.39 kmpl(segment best), petrol is 21.4 kmpl.
  • 16 inch wheels only on the top variant.
  • Smart UV glass that cuts up to 85 per cent rays.( not sure what that means).

One thing I did not see is what kind of a CVT it is. I feel the top variant will command a premium considering the features it offers.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th October 2015 at 18:48.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks