Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 08:38   #46
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

As with all the concepts which Suzuki has developed, their concept designs are eye catchy but they have always faltered when it comes to converting their concept into production design. We have seen with Ciaz and Baleno is the new entrant.
Taking about the car as such, personally I liked the side profile and I would say it is best among its rivals. But somehow I feel the front design doesn`t go very well with the side profile. To sum it up, front is typical Suzuki "like it or hate it" boring stuff but side is more futuristic.
Old 10th September 2015, 10:33   #47
BHPian

I think the new Baleno and the Renault Kwid belong to a new class of cars. SUV-ish front end moulded onto a hatch. Compact sedan was new but it caught on real quick. I think this might be the next big thing. The bulky front end gives it the look of a small 'jeeep look' car while the fact that its next to useless off-road doesn't bother the majority. Lack of any off-road mechanicals helps keep the price low. Why go for a small hatch when you can have a SUV-looking-hatch? Expecting more such offerings from Toyota and Ford soon.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

So, Maruti-Suzuki intends to compete with the i20 and Jazz in India with this new car. I'm not sure if this would work. When I saw it in concept form, it looked quite stylish and, from some angles, unique too. But what have they done to the production version? It looks so bland, bulbous and unimaginative. The lesser said about those 'Swift' headlights and those awful alloys, the better.

I'm hoping the 'Boosterjet' provides us with some respite at least!
Old 10th September 2015, 20:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
will be interesting to see both left hand and right hand drive cars rolling off the same assembly line!
I am very sure that this is already the case at nearly all assembly lines at Maruti. The Swift is exported to quite a few countries, including some in Europe. So the LH and RH drive combinations are being produced simultaneously.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:48   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the New Baleno on test, in Spain, alongside the SX4 Cross facelift?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11509109...n-action-video

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th September 2015 at 21:53.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 02:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More pics from the assembly line. Panel and dials similar to S Cross.
The dials are similar to those in S-Cross but not the same. In fact on the dials City:Jazz :: S-Cross:Baleno City and S-Cross has a solid blue ring around while Jazz and Baleno have a blue ring in the dial. In fact Baleno dial looks very similar to those in the Jazz.

I am very disappointed with the looks of the car. It simply looks too Swift-ish. It might look better in reality - just like the S-Cross. I did not like it initially when I saw the pics. But I was able to appreciate the looks (minus the grille) when I saw the car in the showroom and later on the road. But one thing is certain, on looks front - this is no competition to the i20 or Jazz or even the aged (ageless) Polo or even the over-styled Punto evo. Might end up being the most ordinary (a polite way of saying worst) looking premium hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Either they give the order to the cheapest supplier, design being damned, or they are sure that the buyer will anyway change it, so give him anything for that sake.
No manufacturer will go with the assumption of "the buyer will anyway change it, so give him anything for that sake". I think they are plain lethargic. Alloy wheel is a feature they want to tick and they tick it by giving one of the cheapest model available from the supplier. However, the fact is, the alloys on S-Cross are not as ugly in reality as they are in pics. In fact, I find the quality and finish of S-Cross alloys better than those in the Honda City. Now, Baleno alloys look definitely better than the S-Crross ones in pictures. I am sure they will look even better in reality. Let us not pass a judgement even before seeing it in metal.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:14   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
This one definitely need those projector headlights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

The only redeeming factor about the headlamps were the projectors.
As seen, the higher variants will have projector lights.

Inside, the YRA (Baleno) similarity to S cross is visible - SmartPlay touchscreen entertainment system , automatic climate control, MID, etc.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-untitled.png

Source: The Automotive India

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th September 2015 at 10:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 21:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

I think the car would look better if the chrome strip on the grill was omitted. The strip makes it look weird.
Old 15th September 2015, 07:53   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate , Maruti will launch the New Baleno on October 26th.

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi
Old 15th September 2015, 08:08   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Inside, the YRA (Baleno) similarity to S cross is visible - SmartPlay touchscreen entertainment system , automatic climate control, MID, etc.

Attachment 1413132

Source: The Automotive India
Blue classy dials, and red funky centre console? I hope that's not the case! Certainly not my idea of a 'Diwali' launch!

Also, will this car be another NEXA exclusive?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th September 2015 at 08:11.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:54   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Presenting the ALL NEW Baleno ( Made in India), just unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor show.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-iaa20150087.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-iaa20150083-1.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-04_baleno_rear_angle.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-iaa20150086.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-11820554_1890521974505611_1147243421_n.jpg

Quote:
It’s 3995mm long, 1745mm wide and 1470mm high - so longer and wider than its baby brother, but with a slightly lower roofline. It trumps the Swift on boot space with 355 litres
Quote:
The engine line-up for the Baleno comprises Suzuki’s 1.2-litre Dualjet motor with 89bhp and 89lb ft, and the firm’s new 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged unit, dubbed Boosterjet. It produces 110bhp and 125lb ft of torque between 2000 and 3500rpm.
Quote:
The standard transmission is a five-speed manual, although the Dualjet is also offered with a CVT gearbox and the Boosterjet is available with a conventional six-speed automatic. The Dualjet SHVS hybrid is the cleanest model in the line-up at launch, with CO2 emissions of 93g/km. The regular manual Dualjet emits 101g/km, while the more powerful Boosterjet manual emits 103g/km.
Suzuki has revealed that the infotainment set-up can include Apple’s CarPlay connectivity for iPhone users.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...urt-motor-show

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 14:23.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:09   #57
BHPian

Mamma Mia, that red colour looks beautiful. The overall figures are very tempting. If they priced it right, it surely damages Jazz and i20.

Looking forward for more updates.
Old 15th September 2015, 14:17   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Mamma Mia, that red colour looks beautiful. The overall figures are very tempting. If they priced it right, it surely damages Jazz and i20.

Looking forward for more updates.
+1. Red looks delicious - a mix of premium and sporty looks!

Overall figures mentioned above are just for us to drool though. It would probably be launched in India with the same 1.2 K series and 1.3L 90hp multijet engine options as several other cars in the Maruti stable!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:32   #59
BHPian

This is a case of the difference alloys make. The red one has diamond cut alloys similar in design to the international S-Cross again. Alloys like that simply complement the car so much better. And the boosterjet engine We can only hope (against hope).
And lovely color options. Hope we get them in India
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
This is a case of the difference alloys make. The red one has diamond cut alloys similar in design to the international S-Cross again. Alloys like that simply complement the car so much better. And the boosterjet engine We can only hope (against hope).
And lovely color options. Hope we get them in India
From what I know of - the Boosterjet engine is coming to India. Is it not? Please don't go by those me-too website reports. Any solid info to back this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks