Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 15:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno is the name confirmed for Maruti Suzuki's Premium hatchback in India too.

Attachment 1415277

Made In India - stamp - For the world to see!
Is that the kerb weight? .7 ton to .8 ton looks pretty light. Although will have good performance.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-092016suzukibalenofrankfurt1.jpg

Don't know if anybody noticed the hexagonal design around the Suzuki emblem.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-102016suzukibalenofrankfurt1.jpg

I guess we'll get this design.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-062016suzukibalenofrankfurt1.jpg

Silver looks really good, will age well.

Pics courtesy: www.autoblog.com
fz_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 15:40   #122
Team-BHP Support

Is that a reverse cam on the chrome applique above the Suzuki logo?

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-allnewsuzukibalenodebutsinfrankfurtwithblandstylingandturboenginelivephotos_20.jpg
Source: AutoEvolution

The MFD on the cluster looks huge and probably multi-color? Doesn't look like the one on the current S Cross:

Name:  MarutiSuzukiYRAHatchbackSpyPictures5720x538.png
Views: 29514
Size:  370.1 KB
Source: MotorOctane
Old 17th September 2015, 17:45   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Is that a reverse cam on the chrome applique above the Suzuki logo?
Yes, that's the reverse cam connected to the Smartplay info display.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 17:51   #124
BHPian

Really really struggle to understand why MSIl chose to name this new car after a failed product. Is their creative think-tank so bankrupt that they cannot even think up new name?

Coming to the car, its average looking to say the least .The front grill and headlight assembly could have been done tastefully.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Charge 9 lakhs for it but if it is worth it, people will buy. Let their be a true "uncompromised" premium hatch for India.
Too much wishful thinking there. We all made such statements during Jazz launch, S-Cross launch & Creta launch, but it didn't work . Premium hatchbacks in the country are already ~8.5L top end OTR for petrol. Diesel is above 10L. 9L for full loaded will be a dream come true. Unfortunately, we Indians are now quite used to getting our hopes smashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Screengrabs from the autocar first look video. Looks really spacious, somewhere between Elite i20 and Jazz in terms of space IMO.
No offense, but the cabin looks spacious because the presenter seems a tad short . Will need some more pics/videos with people inside the cabin.
AveekKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 18:38   #126
BHPian

Thats one good looking hatch there, still hate that chrome lip job though. One question, will Indian variant be getting these smoking hot alloys? We saw those wheel cap look alike design in spyshots ? I hope Suzuki India isn't stupid enough to go with those hideous looking alloys, they should not never forget they are against really hot looking i20 elite & jazz.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:59   #127
BHPian

Should the Baleno be launched on 26th Oct as mentioned, this Diwali a new car comes home . Awaiting for more information.
Old 17th September 2015, 19:30   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.joshi View Post
Should the Baleno be launched on 26th Oct as mentioned, this Diwali a new car comes home . Awaiting for more information.
Most likely Oct is the date of launch, the RM's at Nexa have indicated training is scheduled for Baleno during the 2nd week of October.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:38   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I am not sure if anyone has done it or can it be done. My imagination is that, if possible, colour/paint the huge silver reflector in the headlight with body color. This will blend nice with the bonnet and will not give the SWIFTish looks. And It may even enhance the stance from front.

Maybe someone good at photoshop can try doing that and post a pic here
Is this what you're hinting at?

This is the original
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenofrontthreequarteratiaa2015.jpg

and this is what I think you've asked On second looks, I'd say you're right. The headlight resembles that of the Swift.
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenofrontthreequartermod.jpg

Image courtesy : http://indianautosblog.com
rav11stars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:53   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Too much wishful thinking there. We all made such statements during Jazz launch, S-Cross launch & Creta launch, but it didn't work . Premium hatchbacks in the country are already ~8.5L top end OTR for petrol. Diesel is above 10L. 9L for full loaded will be a dream come true. Unfortunately, we Indians are now quite used to getting our hopes smashed.
I agree. Already the boosterjet engine seems to be sidelined. But with the S-Cross, they did indeed bring something different- 2 airbags and all disks common to all models, which is very rare to find in India. That is why the hope. Maybe they'll bring something new to the table as the competition has got the features table almost complete. So to bring something new, they'll have to "uncompromise". And price I meant ex-showroom, non automatic top variant. With SHVS tax benefits, if they charge 9 lakhs ex showroom for a fully loaded car nothing like it. But yes, I'm being the eternal optimist here.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:06   #131
BANNED

Maruti, please name it Zen, Super Zen, Super Swift or Esteem. But no way Baleno. It is such a boring name.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti, please name it Zen, Super Zen, Super Swift or Esteem. But no way Baleno. It is such a boring name.
Zen was destroyed by Maruti by using it with Estilo. Baleno is far safer than Zen. However, a new name would be much appreciated.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 01:51   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Link to the Zigwheel's walkaround review.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 05:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Is this what you're hinting at?
Perfect, this is what I was imagining. Once the reflector is colored, the headlights look sleek and gives a mean look. Hope most of the buyers from Team BHP make this mod, and MSL will do it in their next refresh to Baleno
Old 18th September 2015, 07:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I don't expect the boosterjet to be introduced initially. It will come with the 1.2 Petrol frrom the Swift. The Diesel will also have the 1.3 but hopefully it will carry the 90PS variant with Variable Geometry Turbo.

Quote:
I don't expect the booster jet engine to be made available in the Indian market soon.
Ofcourse its not gonna be introduced at the start. But my question is regarding future. Though if I let the thought-process fly :

For an average Joe boosterjet won't make any sense if priced at par or above the 1.3 diesel. I am just thinking on the lines of DDiS320. For marketing they have been showcasing that for S-Cross but ultimate numbers are coming from DDiS200. Similarly they might launch this as a marketing gimmick atleast to show the 'Premium-ness'(pricing it ridiculously though).

Quote:
However, since the car unveiled at Frankfurt was made in India, and also planned to be exported from India to other major markets- I wonder if the engine is already localised?
Exactly my doubts.

Quote:

I think Maruti would target a price between Elite i20 and Jazz, thereby going head on against the GT TDi.
Going by the 'NEXA' humbo-jumbo might as well price it at a little premium over the two. DDiS200 with a 90bhp vgt tune coupled with Maruti's 'trust-factor' among customers would still find them a lot of takers. This might do to Elite what Ciaz did to City.

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th September 2015 at 07:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks