Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 07:23   #2641
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Is it only me, or Tata nexon is the only car which has had so many Team-BHP members buy a newly launched car in such a short time.

Speaks highly of the product.

Congrats to all the Team-BHP Nexon Owners, will be looking forward to your reviews, and hope a Quick Nexon Meet.
rajchetan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 07:34   #2642
Senior - BHPian

The dealers make it quite difficult to buy the product, but there are exceptions. LOL

In spite of that the Nexon will do well. That's my prediction. Service to be keenly watched and reported on the thread, keeps the Company on their toes. Request the proud owners to be active!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Is it only me, or Tata nexon is the only car which has had so many Team-BHP members buy a newly launched car in such a short time.

Speaks highly of the product.

Congrats to all the Team-BHP Nexon Owners, will be looking forward to your reviews, and hope a Quick Nexon Meet.
Old 29th September 2017, 08:42   #2643
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Couple of mis-steps with Tata dealers and Concorde especially, but finally booked with Adhya Motors, who went out of their way to accommodate me.
Congrats. Please do mention how you negotiated on handing charges, insurance and accesories. I want to prepare myself on these negotiations as I look forward to book in upcoming week.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 08:48   #2644
Senior - BHPian

No negotiation on a new launch. Those charges were paid. Even on the forum this discussion is off limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Congrats. Please do mention how you negotiated on handing charges, insurance and accesories. I want to prepare myself on these negotiations as I look forward to book in upcoming week.
Old 29th September 2017, 10:48   #2645
BHPian

It seems everybody is buying the top end variant. I am looking at the vfm XM variant.

Though downsizing tires is not the trend, but can I downsize safely to 205/70/15.

I believe thick sidewalls will suit Nexon and I can save money on Alloys/ tires change.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:08   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I can understand you excitement but you are taking things too far, IMO. People buying City or Rapid are someone looking for some class than the street-smart look of the Nexon. Yes, Nexon is a very good product from Tata, and it can attract sales from Brezza, Ecosport, i20, Swift, sub-4m sedans etc but expecting sales from C-segment sedans is a wild dream. I don't think even Tata people are expecting this.
Maybe, maybe not! I'm opinionating, so are you

One thing for sure, this car will effect a lot a cross-shopping across segments. Someone I know wanted to buy a Ecosport when it was launched, he ended up buying a Verna for lack of Ecosport availability. So, the reverse is also quite possible! Hence, the basis for the City boys getting touched by the Nexon wave.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:15   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Though downsizing tires is not the trend, but can I downsize safely to 205/70/15.
Actually, that will be an upsize. The 205/70 R15 will end up being a shade larger than the stock 215/60 R16. But small enough to not cause a problem. You can go for this size.

However, all stock wheels are R16, and your mentioned size will mean change in wheels / alloys also.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:16   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will detail out the buy and ownership in a carefully worded review soon.
Quote:
No negotiation on a new launch. Those charges were paid. Even on the forum this discussion is off limits.
Congrats on your Nexon! I saw the car on road last week and it sure is a looker.

Curious on the quoted post of yours. Why should the review be carefully worded? I am sure that we can discuss on the forum regarding the charges as well and there is a thread as well on handling charges also. Is it something that the dealer has asked you not to disclose?
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:30   #2649
Distinguished - BHPian

Deja Vu ! There were comparisons between the Storme and the Fortuner that the Storme gave 90% of what the Fortuner did, at just 60% of the price. The Nexon has done the same to the Creta - may be the Duster too. Except for the smaller boot, The Nexon matches both these cars by a good margin, and could even exceed in some, like Power/Torque numbers. From the small experience with all these cars, I would say that the Nexon is a gooood alternative to these two, more expensive SUVs
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:42   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Actually, that will be an upsize. The 205/70 R15 will end up being a shade larger than the stock 215/60 R16. But small enough to not cause a problem. You can go for this size.

However, all stock wheels are R16, and your mentioned size will mean change in wheels / alloys also.
Oh yes that will be an upsize. Thanks

Yes I will change both wheels and tires on XM variant which I believe not comes with bridgestone Turanza as in XZ+ variant.

I am planning for Neo transformer alloy and Yokohama Geolander AT tires.
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:17   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
It seems everybody is buying the top end variant. I am looking at the vfm XM variant.
+ 1 to that. Just add the tweeters and alloy wheels. You will still be a shade better than the XT with a lot of change to spare. The rear blower does not make a big difference in a sub 4m vehicle anyways.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:19   #2652
BHPian

Mumbai guys, any recommendation on which is a competent TATA dealer for Nexon with regards to experience, deals, offers ,etc? Mods, please excuse this post if its non permissible.

As of now, Wasan Chembur has been calling me regularly for a test drive though i stay in Borivli. Meantime, please help with suggestions.

Last edited by thumpmeister : 29th September 2017 at 12:21. Reason: changes
Old 29th September 2017, 12:24   #2653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Deja Vu ! There were comparisons between the Storme and the Fortuner that the Storme gave 90% of what the Fortuner did, at just 60% of the price. The Nexon has done the same to the Creta - may be the Duster too. Except for the smaller boot, The Nexon matches both these cars by a good margin, and could even exceed in some, like Power/Torque numbers. From the small experience with all these cars, I would say that the Nexon is a gooood alternative to these two, more expensive SUVs
True but hardly anyone would agree!

Also - it will be a sin bigger than any ever committed by TML if they don't think of bringing an AWD variant for the Nexon. It is tailor made in dimensions for an AWD option with its high GC, squat wide stance and minimal overhangs!

How much I miss our beloved BD sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
The rear blower does not make a big difference in a sub 4m vehicle anyways.
Oh it does! Certainly in Tata cars that have tremendous cabin volume to be cooled. Of course its not a deal-breaker by absence. But it does make a very noticeable difference.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:41   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
Maybe, maybe not! I'm opinionating, so are you

One thing for sure, this car will effect a lot a cross-shopping across segments. Someone I know wanted to buy a Ecosport when it was launched, he ended up buying a Verna for lack of Ecosport availability. So, the reverse is also quite possible! Hence, the basis for the City boys getting touched by the Nexon wave.
As a current owner of a Rapid I can confirm that cross shopping is definitely possible. I'm interested (in the long term) and so is my father who has a Vento.

I prefer the colours that minimize the white highlights. Anyone else feel the same about them? Buyers could have sun film applied over these to match the grey, silver, or black coloured vehicles.

Looking forward to a test drive over the weekend hopefully.
Old 29th September 2017, 13:04   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Also - it will be a sin bigger than any ever committed by TML if they don't think of bringing an AWD variant for the Nexon. It is tailor made in dimensions for an AWD option with its high GC, squat wide stance and minimal overhangs!

How much I miss our beloved BD sir...
+1. The AMT for the city folks, the AWD for many others. The vehicle looks to have everything else - and the AWD will be a super addition. Only doubt here is that the Nexon is based on the same platform as the Zest / Bolt. So will they be able to ? I hope they can.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks