Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 18:15   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: How VW got away cheaply in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
@Admin: This is my first post of this kind in Team-BHP. Feel free to trash it if it does not meet the guidelines

Consumer rights were upheld in most other countries where VW sold their cars. They've paid out of their nose to do that..
If I am correct, the Indian government looked into this. Unfortunately VW broke no laws over here as our regulations were not as tight.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 21:15   #347
BHPian

VW offered to put in a restrictor or something to make the emissions better. But the downside was that it would reduce the hp and torque. The full enjoyment of that 1.6 TDi was that it pulled very very nicely in 3rd all the way to 5th. I do regular emissions check and it is well within norms. Didn't take VW on the option and they asked me if they can mark it as I have declined their offer. I said yes. Haven't had any issues so far (touchwood).
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 02:25   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I am correct, the Indian government looked into this. Unfortunately VW broke no laws over here as our regulations were not as tight.
Precisely! People like us on the receiving end as there's nothing that protects our interests.

A couple of my friends in the US got a fair buyback on their cars. They are now Tesla customers but speak well of how this was handled.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 07:43   #349
Senior - BHPian

Re: Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud

The way VAG implemented the rollbacks was really bad. They did it when we last expected it- when we gave the car to the SC for paintwork. The car has never been the same but I've learnt to live with it for now with reduced fuel efficiency and performance.

I was seriously considering getting it fixed but I was wondering if the rollbacks offered by tuning houses are actually genuine. Anybody has experience with the roll back?

Last edited by Turbohead : 30th July 2020 at 07:48.
Old 6th November 2020, 13:56   #350
BHPian

Re: Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked Skoda Volkswagen (VW) India Pvt Ltd why shouldn't the trial against it go on following an FIR registered in Uttar Pradesh over alleged 'cheat devices' installed in its cars to report lesser emissions.
https://www.moneylife.in/article/why...gen/62011.html

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2020 at 05:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks