Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 10:54   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Supreme Court bans registration of diesel cars over 2,000 cc in Delhi & NCR:EDIT lifted with 1% cess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
In a strong criticism of the ban on high-end diesel car sales, Tatas-owned luxury carmaker Jaguar Land Rover has said the air sucked in by its latest technology vehicles on Delhi roads is "far dirtier" than what they emit..
Reply from Environment Minister:
Quote:
"Car makers are making some crazy statements... I never thought of a car, not emitting carbon emission, but is a cleaning machine. I never thought about it. If somebody is going crazy I can't help it," - Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar
Jaguar is a air cleaning machine

Last edited by msdivy : 11th February 2016 at 11:11.
Old 11th February 2016, 20:55   #212
BHPian

re: Supreme Court bans registration of diesel cars over 2,000 cc in Delhi & NCR:EDIT lifted with 1% cess

Fellow team bhp members one question? Won't we be able to do ownership transfer of vehicles of diesel SUVs also??
Old 11th February 2016, 22:10   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Fellow team bhp members one question? Won't we be able to do ownership transfer of vehicles of diesel SUVs also??
AFAIK even if the buyers takes the vehicle the registration process may be fulfilled as the RTO's will stop accepting applications for vehicles above 2000cc.

So pratically no one will buy any second hand car that is 2000cc & greater for registering around Delhi & NCR. To sell you'll have to go outside Delhi & NCR.
Old 11th February 2016, 22:22   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Won't we be able to do ownership transfer of vehicles of diesel SUVs also??
Quote:
RTO's will stop accepting applications for vehicles above 2000cc.
I doubt if they have disallowed ownership transfers within Delhi on already registered vehicles. They stopped issuing NOC for transfer outside NCR in past but have since been restored, in case you are unable to re-register something in Delhi then you can surely get it done by address outside NCR.
Old 11th February 2016, 23:25   #215
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt if they have disallowed ownership transfers within Delhi on already registered vehicles. They stopped issuing NOC for transfer outside NCR in past but have since been restored, in case you are unable to re-register something in Delhi then you can surely get it done by address outside NCR.
But in that case i will have to pay road tax, right?
So is this affirm that ownership transfer can be done on already registered vehicles?
Old 11th February 2016, 23:27   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But in that case i will have to pay road tax, right?
will depend on the state where you plan to re-register and age of the vehicle.

Quote:
So is this affirm that ownership transfer can be done on already registered vehicles?
Outside NCR - Sure - you can get NOC, Within NCR - I will have to check, can you give more details about the vehicle you plan to buy.
Old 12th February 2016, 07:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
will depend on the state where you plan to re-register and age of the vehicle.

Outside NCR - Sure - you can get NOC, Within NCR - I will have to check, can you give more details about the vehicle you plan to buy.
I am planning to buy a used Captiva. and i don't want to register it in different state since the road tax will be huge.
I just want to buy a used one in delhi and get the ownership transfer, can it be done?
Old 12th February 2016, 09:33   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planning to buy a used Captiva.
Please mention Year of Manufacture as well, I believe this will be with Diesel engine.
Old 12th February 2016, 12:03   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Please mention Year of Manufacture as well, I believe this will be with Diesel engine.
It is a diesel year of manuf 2008, Delhi registered. So can i transfer ownsership in Delhi itself.
Old 12th February 2016, 13:08   #220
BANNED

I think there is only one word to describe this. BONKERS! How many fuel bunks have been checked, and how many 'challaned' for selling adulterated Diesel? Some data please!
Old 12th February 2016, 13:57   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think there is only one word to describe this. BONKERS! How many fuel bunks have been checked, and how many 'challaned' for selling adulterated Diesel? Some data please!
The problem will reduce once they price Kerosene at par with diesel, till then no amount of checking will help, as there is huge profit to be made.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:52   #222
BHPian

Now Autocar reports that Tata Motors are preparing sub 2L diesel engine.

I don't know why, but I have feeling that if Tata Hexa not would have been on cards Tata Motors could have surely taken few more 'Years' to roll out smaller engine.

I don't know if Mahindra got lucky with timing of rolling out smaller engine or burnt midnight oil to bring one so soon after the ban
Old 17th February 2016, 09:53   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Now there is an appeal filed to extend the ban to smaller diesels also. Two key points being called out in the petition.
  • Manufacturers are working around the ban by making the engine 1999 cc which shows absolute lack of commitment towards cleaner air and an attempt to defy the Supreme Court by circumventing the ban.
  • One manufacturer also has a Petrol engine for an SUV they export and is sold in only diesel in India.

Both the above obviously point to Mahindra

Quote:
Dr Sanjay Kulshrestha, a pediatric surgeon who impleaded himself in the MC Mehta vs Union of India case against high air pollution levels in Delhi, appealed that mid- and small-segment diesel cars be also brought under the ambit of the ban.

SC is likely to hear the case on February 18 and revisit the ban imposed till March 31. The auto industry has already sought vacation of the order.

Dr Kulshrestha, in his submission to the SC, referred to how auto companies were "trying to defy the SC order of banning big-segment diesel cars...by making the engine capacity 1.99 thousands, i.e., just less than the limit for banning high-end diesel cars. This does not reflect moral commitment of auto companies towards the health of our citizens".
I have a feeling that the SC will not like what Mahindra has done.

Source: ETAuto
Old 17th February 2016, 09:56   #224
BHPian

No Respite for Auto Inc: Plea in SC to extend ban diesel ban to small, mid-segment cars

A report in ET Auto today: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-cars/51018649

SC is likely to hear the case on February 18 and revisit the ban imposed till March 31. The auto industry has already sought vacation of the order.
There is also a plea to extend the ban to small and mid segment cars which i think is going too far on this issue.
Am sure the honourable Supreme Court will look at emission levels by a vehicle rather than CCs, which IMO is ridiculous.
Old 25th March 2016, 13:11   #225
BHPian

Goodfellas, is it possible to get an NOC for a Delhi Registered Yamaha RD 350 and get it Transferred/Registered in Uttar Pradesh ?

I am an absolute noob when it comes to matters like these. Please help me out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks