Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 17:21   #211
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Can you post some pictures since the car is standing? Also of the interiors?

Another question: can you peep and see if it's manual or automatic?
I have already posted the picture of the gearbox few pages back. It's a manual transmission.

Also, the car that I spotted had air bags in the front seats.

When I checked at NEXA as to why Maruti didn't launch CVT Alpha, they mentioned that the OTR Chennai would cross 10+ lacs. So, Maruti was quite skeptical about that.

I'm pretty sure RS is going to be launched with a Manual transmission.
Prodigy07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:40   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
The first course of action after driving out of maruti's showroom should be to wrap/black out that abomination.
Yes. I am contemplating on buying this car and I have already pictured myself doing the exact same thing

The bhp figures of this engine looks very good on paper but I have my doubts about the turbo lag killing the fun in city driving. Waiting to read a TD review of this car before I make my decision.
Old 5th October 2016, 08:17   #213
BHPian

Again saw the black baleno outside my office. It was being driven by a Maruti Engineer. Guess it's crunch time and expect a launch very soon.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 18:37   #214

I'm in confused between the 1.2L Alpha petrol Baleno and this RS1.0. After a big research finalized on the petrol Baleno, and this RS 1.0 seems very interesting with its power figures. I had been to two Nexa showrooms, both of them said they are taking bookings for the RS1.0 as Alpha variant petrol.
Any leads from Maruti regarding this launch date ?
If the OTR cross 10Lakh mark for this RS1.0 will it be worth considering the Scross which may attract god discounts like last year end ?
meinherzbrennt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 19:27   #215
BHPian

Baleno and S-cross are both different entities under same premium Nexa brand. Going by budget constraints and VFM aspect, Baleno RS will be the definitely the better pick. The S cross offers only a little extra boot space and slightly better exterior build quality than the Baleno RS which excels or equals in all other aspects.
Old 6th October 2016, 20:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
The S cross offers only a little extra boot space and slightly better exterior build quality than the Baleno RS which excels or equals in all other aspects.
From what I have observed, the S-Cross is a far superior product than the Baleno when compared on the basis of the build quality aspect.
And have seen similar observations from others, around me and on this thread.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:13   #217
BHPian

NEXA outlets unofficially taking Maruti Baleno RS bookings

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/10/m...fficial-244230
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:16   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
NEXA outlets unofficially taking Maruti Baleno RS bookings
http://indianautosblog.com/2016/10/m...fficial-244230
This is unofficial and been the practice for almost all launches. It is clear the launch is near. But they will take the booking for the regular Baleno which will be converted to RS when bookings are officially declared by MS.

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th October 2016 at 16:35.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 20:04   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The S cross offers only a little extra boot space and slightly better exterior build quality than the Baleno RS which excels or equals in all other aspects.
S-Cross might offer a little extra boot space over Baleno but i felt build/ride quality of S-Cross to be well ahead of Baleno when I test drove both cars back to back some time last year.

S-Cross felt European with mature ride and handling which Baleno lacked. It could be a good city car but I prefer S-Cross for highways with that 1.6L engine
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 19:23   #220
BHPian

A new article I read in TOI today on the RS. 111 PS and 170 Nm of torque with all disc brakes.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54779838.cms
Old 11th October 2016, 08:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinherzbrennt View Post
I'm in confused between the 1.2L Alpha petrol Baleno and this RS1.0. After a big research finalized on the petrol Baleno, and this RS 1.0 seems very interesting with its power figures.
The choice is simple.

Between the Baleno RS and Baleno variants with K12M, it has to be the RS. That turbo petrol engine is stellar based on drive reports from EU.

Between S Cross and Baleno, I would always pick the S Cross. Its a much better car. But there are two issues. One will have to stretch the budget over the Baleno and there is no petrol option for the S Cross yet. Hope MSIL can launch the S Cross Boosterjet pretty soon.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 12:12   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The choice is simple.

Between the Baleno RS and Baleno variants with K12M, it has to be the RS. That turbo petrol engine is stellar based on drive reports from EU.

Between S Cross and Baleno, I would always pick the S Cross. Its a much better car. But there are two issues. One will have to stretch the budget over the Baleno and there is no petrol option for the S Cross yet. Hope MSIL can launch the S Cross Boosterjet pretty soon.

Word around here is that the S cross petrol will be getting the 1.5L and not the economical 1.0 booster jet. That's a let down considering the driving dynamics of the S cross.
Old 11th October 2016, 12:18   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Word around here is that the S cross petrol will be getting the 1.5L and not the economical 1.0 booster jet. That's a let down considering the driving dynamics of the S cross.
Rumored to also get the 1.0L boosterjet in the Facelift version. Will be 2 petrol variants with current demand favoring the petrol cars.

1.0L boosterjet engine is also likely to be in the Vitara and next gen Swift. If volumes justify they could localize this engine to have control on cost.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 14:43   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Sincere thanks to BHPian Sidindica for sharing these detailed pics with us. He spotted this test mule undergoing trials around Mumbai.

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-1.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-2.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-3.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-4.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-5.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-6.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-7.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-8.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-9.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-10.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-11.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-12.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-13.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2016 at 07:44. Reason: Watermarking images
Leoshashi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 23:48   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Sincere thanks to BHPian Sidindica for sharing these detailed pics with us. He spotted this test mule undergoing trials around Mumbai...
Surprised to see the 185 55 R16 profile on the car! The other Baleno top end variants come with 195 55 R16!
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks