Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 10:57   #451
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

BOOKED!

Innova GX Auto 2.8 Pearl White 8 Seater

My very very long wait for the right family MUV comes to an end. Thanks to TBHP and all BHPians for helping.

Sad I couldn't get a 4WD, but I guess being in a metro for 99.5% of the time, I didn't need it anyway!

Last edited by noopster : 5th May 2016 at 16:35. Reason: typo: capitalize your I's please! :)
acidkill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:04   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
BOOKED!

My very very long wait for the right family MUV comes to an end. Thanks to TBHP and all BHPians for helping.

Sad i couldn't get a 4WD, but i guess being in a metro for 99.5% of the time, i didn't need it anyway!
Is the GX variant offered in Pearl white color?
Old 5th May 2016, 11:09   #453
BHPian

Quote:
BOOKED!

Sad i couldn't get a 4WD, but i guess being in a metro for 99.5% of the time, i didn't need it anyway!
Congrats Man. Innova is one reliable car

one question. Will you be using 8 seats regularly. If it is only occasional, 7 seater is a better option. Captains seats are the place to be in the Innova. On long drives for upto 7 people, 7 seater is quite comfortable as the middle seats get space to stretch legs.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:10   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BOOKED!...
Congos! I guess you're sorted for the next decade (or more!)

2 Questions:
a) Is it made to order, or have they stocked up?
b) How's the quality of the 4 speakers Toyotas' going to provide ? ICE mods planned ?
Old 5th May 2016, 11:59   #455
BHPian

There are many innova bashers in our forum. I find different groups of people who
1. Want to buy an innova, but the price is an issue, so saying it is over priced
2. complaints on the shortage of power and lack of 6th gear in the old innova
3. Complains, why crysta an mpv is loaded with such high power,
4. cannot afford its price, settles for a lower segment and argues why need an expensive car as 90% of the works can be done by a lower segment car?
5. above category who deposits the difference amount in bank and waits for the money to grow.

There are many members in Team -bhp who goes on complaining about this car and waiting to see the sales number decreases, but in vain.

Even the official reviewers of other MPVs were sure that innova got a true competitor and proclaimed that innova era is over. (eg. Lodgy)

I must say that many BHP ians fail to understand the logic of a common innova buyer. May be because our forum is comprised of more people in the younger age category.

Pls. consider my post in a lighter sense, no intention of hurting anyone.
bbhavan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:15   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Is the GX variant offered in Pearl white color?
Yes for Rs 11,000 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Congrats Man. Innova is one reliable car

one question. Will you be using 8 seats regularly. If it is only occasional, 7 seater is a better option. Captains seats are the place to be in the Innova. On long drives for upto 7 people, 7 seater is quite comfortable as the middle seats get space to stretch legs.
Valid points. But i have an infant at home, and i need the middle seat for the car seat. Plus, as my family is quite large and we are heavy travellers (read ladies of the family ) we need all the seating space we can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Congos! I guess you're sorted for the next decade (or more!)

2 Questions:
a) Is it made to order, or have they stocked up?
b) How's the quality of the 4 speakers Toyotas' going to provide ? ICE mods planned ?
Yes. At these prices, "FO SHO BRO!"
Very simple - PIONEER 5890 BT (https://pioneer-india.in/product/avh-x5890bt/)
I haven't tested, but i will use it unless its a no-no, which i doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
There are many innova bashers in our forum.
Positive energy dude. All opinions welcome. Whatever your car, as long as there is fellowship amongst friends on Team-Bhp, its all that matters.
acidkill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:25   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Yes for Rs 11,000 more
Thanks, but my dealer very clearly said the Pearl White color is an option available only for VX and ZX variants. This was a major factor I ended up choosing ZX AT over GX AT :(
Old 5th May 2016, 12:28   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Thanks, but my dealer very clearly said the Pearl White color is an option available only for VX and ZX variants. This was a major factor I ended up choosing ZX AT over GX AT :(
If its just the color you can revert.

But there is a huge lift in the interiors between the ZX and GX. If i had the money i would consider. But I was already on stretch, so i couldn't go further. Ideally the GX MT makes sense, but I'm a self driver for me Auto is a deal breaker

Last edited by acidkill : 5th May 2016 at 12:31.
Old 5th May 2016, 13:23   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BOOKED!

Congrats on the booking.

I was wondering , why the need for a 4wd on a Innova?
Old 5th May 2016, 13:58   #460
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody asked if they will do a dealer fit of a 8-seater on a Zx?

Really want the safety of the Zx but in 8 seater!
Old 5th May 2016, 14:38   #461
BHPian

I had paid a booking amount of 1L couple of weeks back and was waiting for feature list, prices and colour options.

So, have finally booked Innova Crysta 2.4 VX (M) 7 Seater - Grey Colour. Ex-showroom cost being approx. 18L here in Jaipur.

Other Backup Colour options are Avant Grande Bronze and White Pearl Crystal Shine

Was really interested in New White Pearl Crystal Shine colour as it is the most preferred colour option for all our vehicles but eventually shied away with people confusing it with standard white colour and hailing it as a Taxi.
Old 5th May 2016, 15:00   #462
BHPian

Confirmed with the dealer that I'd be going in for the GX AT 8 seater. Am in Pune now so will go on Saturday to finalize the color. Had told them Bronze earlier but the Millennium gentleman told me that its not a very happening color in person and it may not be in sync with what i have in mind (have the silky gold one now). Really want to go for the Wine Red color as we've never ever had a dark colored car despite the fact that maintenance will be painful. Neighbor also had booked what will probably be his 8/9th Innova. He generally buys the top end but he and I both could not compromise on the 8 seater. He is a family of 6 + driver and I have a family of 7.

Coming to a hypothetical scenario where if the ZX AT were offered with an automatic would I / my neighbor have considered it? As it stands the GX AT is about 6 lacs less than the ZX AT, I am not sure if I would be able to shell out so much just for a variant irrespective of the features especially given that the engine and gearbox are the same.

Coming to the pricing of the GX AT, here's my take on it. When i bought the Innova in 2014 I paid little over 15 lacs for it. Somehow for a totally next generation car with a 170 bhp engine with an automatic, 19.5 lacs doesn't seem so bad. Yes we will want it for as less as possible but the GX AT will sell really well I feel! Would really only miss the Climate Control. I am kicked about getting a good ICE in the car though so I am kind of happy with that not being there.

Neighbor has paid in full for the silver GX AT 8 seater and there's a good chance he may get the car before 13th also. I am handicapped because of being in a different city and also because of loan and selling off the current Innova all of which needs to happen this weekend. Want to get the car by 15th for the younger daughter's birthday!

Last edited by miharbe : 5th May 2016 at 15:03.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:11   #463
Senior - BHPian

Are the ARAI FE ratings out yet?
Old 5th May 2016, 17:23   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Are the ARAI FE ratings out yet?
The brochure mentions FE of 14.29 for the AT and 15.1 for the Manual variant. I believe these are ARAI figures.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:39   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
There are many innova bashers in our forum. I find different groups of people who
1. Want to buy an innova, but the price is an issue, so saying it is over priced

4. cannot afford its price, settles for a lower segment and argues why need an expensive car as 90% of the works can be done by a lower segment car?

I must say that many BHP ians fail to understand the logic of a common innova buyer. May be because our forum is comprised of more people in the younger age category.

Pls. consider my post in a lighter sense, no intention of hurting anyone.
I fall in the no. 1 & 4 category, because I want VFM and at 25 lakhs OTR, I don't perceive any VFM in the Car.
I sold my A4 2 months ago and got good amount of money on the sale, however, the current price of the Innova, just doesn't make any sense to me. I would rather add another 10 lakhs and get myself an Endy.

I am no 'INNOVA' buyer, but I own an Innova because of the need to move 7 people at times.In 2010, Innova was the cheaper option as a 7 people car @ around 12 Lakhs for the fully loaded version. Today, I have many cheaper options for moving 7 people within the city. So, apart from fan-boys and torque lovers, the rest will bash it as they have options. Try to see the haters from a point of view that is different than yours.
riteshritesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks