Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 14:44   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
It's listed below the price table.

Mats, Mud flaps, T Mat, Side Visor, Bumper Corner Protector w/ Chrome, Leg room lamp, Luggage Tray, Muffler Cutter, Chrome Door Housing and 5 Car Cushions.
35990 bucks for this? My response to them would be "NO THANKS"
Old 12th May 2016, 15:10   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Thanks for the low down. I booked with Madhuban at their khar showroom. Would be nice to know when to expect delivery and or allotment. As i see dates ranging from 2 to 6 months posted by users on the social web. Can you check with your dealer for status on when one can expect to get a GX Auto 8 seater if booked on 4th May...would useful to get some idea from your guy! thx

Oh and Congratulations on the impending delivery, would be nice to see pics and drive impressions on GX since the tires are 16 higher profile than the 17inch set up I got to TD at Madhuban (they only have top end TD cars). I suspect the GX will ride even better on our roads, softer ride because of more tire and less rim. A GX AT 8 seater review from you would be nice for us in the minority camp of GX 8 seater AT's . Plus would love to get heads up on how that bronze looks on a GX

Also its unclear if the GX 8 seater middle row bench gets a centre arm rest, any clue?

What ICE are you considering? I am leaning towards simple entry level touch screen Pioneer AVH 289bt @ Rs.15300 I believe. Will just stick to factory door speakers complemented with a good subwoofer and a good amp, as this setup worked well for me on my last innova = Factory door speaker were good enough when complimented with a good sub and amp. Would be useful to exchange notes on ICE.

I am thinking of going for the ART leather seats offered as a median option by Toyota, any views, pics and or details shared with you? Was told it would cost 16K odd. Also other accessories list if you have
thanks
I checked this morning and depending on colour it may take 3-6 weeks if you book now. I believe the Garnet Red and White (not sure which white) are in heavy demand.

I just took a very short spin on not so bad roads but the ride definitely felt better than my current Innova. I haven't driven the ZX so can't comment on the comparison.

Haven't seen the 8 seater in person so don't know if it comes with the arm rest for the centre seats. The seats and the whole car looks a lot bigger from the inside with very decent thigh support in all rows. What I am really cross with is that the GX loses the seat height adjust. Sister and Wife couldn't see the road ahead and seat height adjustment would really have helped here. Climate control is another thing I am not too happy about. Driving the AT felt really great and one wouldn't need any adjustments while doing so. Its fairly relaxed at low speeds and responsive if you step on it.

Haven't decided on the ICE as yet but it will mostly be Pioneer only as that'e the only one I've ever had. Priority right now is to get the car as there is a good chance they might give it to someone else if i don't pay up soon enough.

I quite liked the seats on the GX. I dislike leather seats and am against seat covers so will be sticking to what comes from factory. The black coloured seats I am certain will ensure low maintenance costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Im trying to choose between Silver & Bronze. Those who have seen Bronze, how's it ? I liked the previous Silky Gold but feel Bronze is a bit darker. Also about the hum while changing to 2 or 3rd in the Automatic, I think Toyota will rectify that with changes in the ECU.
Even my current Innova is Silky Gold and if you have that in mind for the Bronze then please go and see it in person. I was in a similar state on mind and when I saw in person is when i realised its a totally different color. The Bronze is more brown than anything else (Sister called it mud!). Silver looks classy whereas this is understated and not very exciting. It will be easy to maintain it though! Everyone liked Garnet Red but it will be a pain to maintain.

Quote:
It's listed below the price table.

Mats, Mud flaps, T Mat, Side Visor, Bumper Corner Protector w/ Chrome, Leg room lamp, Luggage Tray, Muffler Cutter, Chrome Door Housing and 5 Car Cushions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
35990 bucks for this? My response to them would be "NO THANKS"
The "essential accessories" list i received was slightly different and includes 2 car cushions, door edge protector, car cover, safety belt pad and some chrome strip around the front lower grill in addition to the mats. Doesn't include leg room lamp, luggage tray and door housing. All this for ONLY INR 24,023/-. I tried to bargain but they wouldn't budge on this and the depot charges of INR 10,000/-

Last edited by miharbe : 12th May 2016 at 15:39.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:19   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

For people who prefer to be chauffeured around or wants to seat more than 5 people, Innova make perfect sense. I don't see any enthusiast who doesn't need the extra seats on offer in Innova buying it over the D segment cars.

Its only the price of the innova that has encroached into the D segment territory. Equipments on offer and quality of the interior has not reached up to the Germans or the Czech.

Given the innova is expensive now, it will be interesting to see the sales chart of the same in coming months. Innova's persona of reliability and good resale value made my dad to spend 6 lakhs over our initial budget of 18 lakhs.
The question is, will it continue to make more people spend over 2 million INR for an MPV, only time will tell.

My prediction is the current pricing is going to stay and not increase like what we have experienced with the last generation Innova.

BTW, if I was in my dad's position I would have gone for the Skoda 1.8 TSI AT style plus.
Why would you even compare the Innova to any D segment car? And why even consider that an enthusiast who does not require more than 5 seats would still consider buying an Innova. Except for the price range and maybe similar equipment there is no other similarity in terms of usage and at the end of the day you buy a car depending on the purpose it is going to serve.

Innova is a success in India because of its practicality, it serves as workhorse in most cases and rest users are either the people who are chauffeured around or people with bigger families who have a bigger budget and hence buy an Innova over an Ertiga. This we have already been seeing with the sales of previous generation innova with hardly any equipment. If I were in the market for a new car to be self driven with no use of more than 5 seats with a budget between 20 - 26Lacs whether i am an enthusiast or not why would I consider an Innova?

We own both an Innova and a Skoda Octavia 1.8tsi Style Plus, both have their own usage patterns, the Innova is used by my dad for daily runs being chauffeured around and he swears by the comfort of the second row captain seats so much so that he will never use the Octavia, he is currently on his 3rd Innova and we are planning to book the 4th in form of the new Crysta 2.8 Z AT, and AT because I can then use it for outstation trips with friends and family when I drive on my own. The Octavia was bought for my usage over weekends, as an enthusiast and also for times when you need a decent luxury sedan to go places even if chauffeured to where an Innova still carries that "Van" or "Taxi" image.

The new Innova even with its list of equipment will never be a match to any of the D segment sedans neither in terms of usage nor in terms of image. So its not even right to compare. The equipment had to be finally provided because with the kind of premium that Toyota has been charging for the feature less Innova with any less equipment on the new one and they would definitely be officially termed robbers.
Old 12th May 2016, 15:46   #589
Senior - BHPian

Ahem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Why would you even compare the Innova to any D segment car?
Because
Quote:
Except for the price range
Quote:
at the end of the day you buy a car depending on the purpose it is going to serve.
True, but no harm in comparing cars in similar price bracket, right.

Quote:
If I were in the market for a new car to be self driven with no use of more than 5 seats with a budget between 20 - 26Lacs whether i am an enthusiast or not why would I consider an Innova?
Different strokes for different people, buddy. There are a few bhpians who has considered innova although they don't need more than five seats.

Quote:
The Octavia was bought for my usage over weekends, as an enthusiast and also for times when you need a decent luxury sedan to go places even if chauffeured to where an Innova still carries that "Van" or "Taxi" image.
Quote:
BTW, if I was in my dad's position I would have gone for the Skoda 1.8 TSI AT style plus
Quote:
The new Innova even with its list of equipment will never be a match to any of the D segment sedans neither in terms of usage nor in terms of image. So its not even right to compare. The equipment had to be finally provided because with the kind of premium that Toyota has been charging for the feature less Innova with any less equipment on the new one and they would definitely be officially termed robbers.
True, again no harm in comparing.

We both share similar opinion but penned down differently. The purpose of the previous post was to highlight the robbery part .
Old 12th May 2016, 15:49   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
The "essential accessories" list i received was slightly different and includes 2 car cushions, door edge protector, car cover, safety belt pad and some chrome strip around the front lower grill in addition to the mats. Doesn't include leg room lamp, luggage tray and door housing. All this for ONLY INR 24,023/-. I tried to bargain but they wouldn't budge on this and the depot charges of INR 10,000/-
The official prices of items sold by Toyota are on the higher side, in line with the pricing of their vehicles - this includes accessories, car insurance premium, non-regular replacement parts (steering wheel, lamps, buttons) etc.

The only competitively priced offering they have is finance rate on the purchase, which is in line with prevailing market rates. The reason for that is competition - they're not the only ones offering finance on the purchase.

For everything else, as far as Innova is concerned, they can pretty much do anything as there's no competition.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:23   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked this morning and depending on colour it may take 3-6 weeks if you book now. I believe the Garnet Red and White (not sure which white) are in heavy demand.

I just took a very short spin on not so bad roads but the ride definitely felt better than my current Innova. I haven't driven the ZX so can't comment on the comparison.

Haven't seen the 8 seater in person so don't know if it comes with the arm rest for the centre seats. The seats and the whole car looks a lot bigger from the inside with very decent thigh support in all rows. What I am really cross with is that the GX loses the seat height adjust. Sister and Wife couldn't see the road ahead and seat height adjustment would really have helped here. Climate control is another thing I am not too happy about. Driving the AT felt really great and one wouldn't need any adjustments while doing so. Its fairly relaxed at low speeds and responsive if you step on it.

Haven't decided on the ICE as yet but it will mostly be Pioneer only as that'e the only one I've ever had. Priority right now is to get the car as there is a good chance they might give it to someone else if i don't pay up soon enough.

I quite liked the seats on the GX. I dislike leather seats and am against seat covers so will be sticking to what comes from factory. The black coloured seats I am certain will ensure low maintenance costs.

Even my current Innova is Silky Gold and if you have that in mind for the Bronze then please go and see it in person. I was in a similar state on mind and when I saw in person is when i realised its a totally different color. The Bronze is more brown than anything else (Sister called it mud!). Silver looks classy whereas this is understated and not very exciting. It will be easy to maintain it though! Everyone liked Garnet Red but it will be a pain to maintain.

Current Innova was fab, so this is going into "Volvo Air Suspension Bus" category plus Range Rover Air ride territory, kidding you not its that balanced, no wishy washiness that comes with softer setup. My impressions from the 17 inch wheels top end crysta TD i did for 30 minutes. The ride is going to written about, and quoted for a long time to come, truly epic in my personal opinion. I am not exaggerating mark my words its going to be the talk of town.
Yes height adjustment not being there and bonnet line increasing is a dampener, honestly I would not want my wife/mom to see too much as they then start complaining about my seat of the pants driving Lol.

I am game to trade allocations with you if you need time!! mine I reckon is due in end May/june beginning. We can coordinate with our respective dealers. This way you don't go back to the line completely.

Last edited by canonball : 12th May 2016 at 16:24.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:31   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, in the brochure they have mentioned about 'back monitor', which I believe is the reverse camera. I haven't seen any pictures of it in action, though.
I believe the guide lines are static.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160430104030_39-.jpg

Source
Old 12th May 2016, 16:39   #593
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
guys, any idea when the much awaited team bhp review will be up for Innova Crysta?
Going to be a while, buddy.

Poor planning by Toyota means the media cars aren't yet available (due to a delay in registration). We're twiddling our thumbs waiting for a media car in Mumbai. Haven't even completed our photo shoot yet.

A similar thing had happened with the Corolla Altis, which we eventually missed reviewing. That won't happen with the Innova Crysta though. We'll definitely do an official review, although it might surface sometime in June.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 17:09   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I am game to trade allocations with you if you need time!! mine I reckon is due in end May/june beginning. We can coordinate with our respective dealers. This way you don't go back to the line completely.
I won't change the dealer that's for sure. I can check if there is a tentative date for the next dispatch and maybe that might give me the breathing space I need. Will probably PM you. Tomorrow is key if I am able to finalize the deal on my current Innova then I may get delivery soon.

Quote:
I believe the guide lines are static.
Any clue whether Toyota offers just the reverse camera as an accessory. Also do we know the make and model for this reverse camera? It seems to have a more than decent field of view. The ones in the after market which typically go on the number plate lights have extremely poor coverage.
Old 12th May 2016, 17:19   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any clue whether Toyota offers just the reverse camera as an accessory. Also do we know the make and model for this reverse camera? It seems to have a more than decent field of view. The ones in the after market which typically go on the number plate lights have extremely poor coverage.
Not available in the official accessory list as per their website.

Source
Old 12th May 2016, 18:39   #596
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
GX loses the seat height adjust. Climate control is another thing I am not too happy about. Driving the AT felt really great and one wouldn't need any adjustments while doing so.
Bronze then please go and see it in person. I was in a similar state on mind and when I saw in person is when i realised its a totally different color. The Bronze is more brown than anything else (Sister called it mud!). Silver looks classy whereas this is understated and not very exciting. It will be easy to maintain it though!
Same here, I too missed seat height adjust & climate control on GX. Also the AC controls & layout on the ZX look much much better than the knobs on GX. Overall GX feel is utilitarian.

Your sis is so right, rather I would use another apt word to describe the color but can't due to board limitations! Will check out the Silver again but you are right Bronze would not show the dust collected on it, can't say whether it can hide minor scratches like the Silver or not.

I test drove ZX Auto again back to back & one thing I was particularly trying to figure out was the loud hum created before first few gear changes. Now this is something serious, the vehicle does sound very very gruff while upshifts to 2nd/3rd. So much so that after the ride I felt extremely relieved in my corolla not to be going through the same agony. Do check this, its a real nuisance, Toyota will have to work on this.
Old 12th May 2016, 21:00   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

A similar thing had happened with the Corolla Altis, which we eventually missed reviewing. That won't happen with the Innova Crysta though. We'll definitely do an official review, although it might surface sometime in June.
Going off topic... So that explains the Corolla Altis mystery at last, why there was no official review.

With the current waiting periods, prospective customers can very well wait for the juicy detailed official review.

Last edited by DicKy : 12th May 2016 at 21:01.
Old 12th May 2016, 21:31   #598
Senior - BHPian

Update. Just got a call from Toyota if I can collect the car tomorrow around 4 PM.

Wow. Talk about speedy service.

Can't wait to get my hands on this now.
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 21:40   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Update. Just got a call from Toyota if I can collect the car tomorrow around 4 PM.

Wow. Talk about speedy service.

Can't wait to get my hands on this now.

Congratulations! It might be late in the evening when you get back home after completing delivery formalities but don't forget to keep us updated with some pics and the experience at the dealership.
Old 12th May 2016, 22:20   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! It might be late in the evening when you get back home after completing delivery formalities but don't forget to keep us updated with some pics and the experience at the dealership.
Buddy I have told him I can only spare 30 minutes for the whole process.

I have not even seen the car. I am strapped for time these days so going there will be a pretty rushed job.

Will glance at the car quickly to see if all looks ok and pick it and come back home.

The dealership is known to me so I don't expect to get any nasty surprises post delivery. Fingers crossed.

I will try doing a few pictures tomorrow and uploading on this thread itself. I don't have time to do a full blown ownership review sadly but will give as much info as possible.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks