Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 11:22   #676
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Endy is definitely a great vehicle but I feel comparing it to Innova isn't justified even with the price tag in mind. Firstly, both the cars caters to different segments of the market, the Endy is a hardcore SUV with pretty good off-roading capabilities whereas Innova is multi-passenger vehicle. The former is more of a lifestyle product! Not everyone wants to buy an Endy or a Fortuner but a person who has big family and needs that kind of space and utility, latter is the first vehicle which comes to the head. Even today, be it any long drives or highway runs my family always picks up the Innova over any other car.
The base Trend 2.2 4x2 MT Endy costs around 29 lakhs on-road Delhi whereas the Innova GX MT is a complete 12 Lakhs cheaper and if we compare the prices of the top end variants, the Titanium 3.2 4x4 AT costs around 34 lakhs on - road whereas the Innova 2.8 GX AT is a complete 10 lakh cheaper.
The another major difference between both the vehicles are after sales service and localization, Toyota is miles ahead of Ford in this department, Innova being their one of the most popular vehicles will be highly localized, the same cannot be said for Endeavour, the cost of spare parts too will be cheaper for Innova Crysta.
Both the cars have similar safety features but when it comes to space, comfort and ride Innova again excels in this department by a fair margin.
So, to sum it up according to my perception and what I have seen in the market, Innova is bought by both fleet operators and private consumers who has extremely high running, wants a peaceful ownership experience and loves the comfort this vehicle offers. It's good to drive characteristics is an icing on the cake which has now become one of it's USP and when you get an Auto box too well that's make the deal even sweeter. Now, Endeavour will be catering to the high class families or Auto enthusiasts, who wants that butch design, decent comfort levels, good equipment list and great driving characteristics not to mention the off-roading capabilities this car provides but then again a lot of consumers are going to opt out for Innova if comfort is their priority plus it would be easier to maintain too.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 11:22   #677
Senior - BHPian

Pricing as well as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am in very small minority here, but I dont feel the Innova Crysta to be overpriced. In absolute price terms I feel its a very good package to be had for the money charged.

Last few posts have been discussed with regards to the Endy. So the way I would look at it would be why pay the extra buck for the Endy, why not buy the Innova and save the cash that can be. Ofcourse if 4*4 is a need, then you cant think of the comparison even.

Relative value comparison for Crysta is also confusing. It is sort of a one of its kind product in the market. And secondly on a marginal value basis if you compare it to say Creta, you don't feel its is overpriced. With XUV...hmmm you feel it maybe just priced right. But then you compare it to some others like Endy, maybe Superb and you could think otherwise.

But I truly feel, here is now an opportunity for Tata to price its new Aria well and maybe and just maybe redeem the 'Aria' brand.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 11:57   #678
BHPian

Friends,
My cousin is looking for a SUV in the price range of 18 to 20L. Mainly would be for long distance drives. He has finally decided on either Creta AT or manual Crysta.
I know they are two different segments.
Which car would you all recommend?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh
Old 20th May 2016, 12:16   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
He has finally decided on either Creta AT or manual Crysta.
I know they are two different segments.
Which car would you all recommend?
It depends on whether he wants a fast car (Crysta) or something that is relatively less punchy but with the AT convenience (Creta AT). I guess Creta AT may not be suitable for an enthusiastic driver for long drives. I may be wrong though.
Old 20th May 2016, 12:22   #680
Team-BHP Support

I think regardless of how well the Innova does, wriggle room on price increases is definitely tight. Which is not a bad thing. The Innova brand is bullet proof - Toyota may not have seen the need to price conservatively and then hike based on response. Why miss out on premium pricing from day zero if you are confident of market acceptance.

But as mentioned above, there is ALWAYS the Endy in reasonable strike range to think about in the context of any price hike. Right now, the delta is still meaningful enough for customers to stick with the innova but hike the price and reduce the delta too much and you are going to lose more customers to the Endy.
Old 20th May 2016, 17:01   #681
BHPian

The one thing which need to remember is the fact that lot of buyers are not serious Motörheads who do lot of research before buying the car. They have complete trust on Toyota esp Innova and the only thing they discuss is about the colour and the transmission. This was my feeling at the showroom.

They believe that with Innova, you don't need to worry about resale value or maintenance expenses..
Old 20th May 2016, 17:08   #682
BHPian

Any update on deliveries? Spotted one on the road today. My dealer says will still take around 3 months even though I was in the first 25 bookings at their dealership.
Old 20th May 2016, 17:15   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Any update on deliveries? Spotted one on the road today. My dealer says will still take around 3 months even though I was in the first 25 bookings at their dealership.
There are 21 people ahead of me for White Pearl color alone (ZX AT) and I have been promised next month delivery
Old 20th May 2016, 17:29   #684
BHPian

i got mine delivered on the first day, i guess each dealer has a pre-allotted list. For example, i guess my dealer got around 80 or 90 stock before the launch and 320 numbers for the whole month...This is what the SA told me...not sure ....

The first set of users are complaining about some clutch issues while starting the car, one need to depress the clutch before the push start..I have seen some inconsistencies, and my friend also the shared the same....
motorheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 18:27   #685
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
With 60% of the bookings coming in for the top-spec ZX AT variant, its time we put this 'overpriced' argument to rest. Price of any product in a capitalist economy depends on the market demand and clearly Innova has demand even at these prices.

If the sales continue like this for a few more months, expect price hikes.
Totally agree. For me personally, its just above my budget. Else I would have gone with it eyes closed. And my guess is that whats many people mean when they tell its overpriced.

For those thinking its overpriced, suggest to check out the prices of other cars and what they offer in terms of space, interiors, quality & cost of ownership. I checked out Crysta, BRV, Duster, Creta and Terrano one after the other on Hosur Rd last week. Crysta simply stands out.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 18:31   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Totally agree. For me personally, its just above my budget. Else I would have gone with it eyes closed. And my guess is that whats many people mean when they tell its overpriced.

For those thinking its overpriced, suggest to check out the prices of other cars and what they offer in terms of space, interiors, quality & cost of ownership. I checked out Crysta, BRV, Duster, Creta and Terrano one after the other on Hosur Rd last week. Crysta simply stands out.
The Crysta is *amazing*.

With the 5 star NCAP and exterior/interior styling (with the exception of the rear brake cluster as others have pointed out), it's an amazing value for India. (Where cars are grossly overpriced)

(Haven't driven one, but just seen/sat inside in showroom)
Old 20th May 2016, 18:37   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheart View Post
They believe that with Innova, you don't need to worry about resale value or maintenance expenses..
Its not a random belief, its a time tested fact! A friend of mine bought a top end Innova in 2012 for 14L. The car has done 55k km and he is getting offers for 11.5L! This when he has not paid a single penny extra apart from regular scheduled service.

Is there any other car which gives you trouble free motoring for 4 years and then pays you back almost entirely?
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 20:36   #688
BHPian

We have offers for our 2013 Innova g4 which has done 90,000kms for about 12-13 lakhs. It is reliable to the core. Very minimal depreciation. Swift and Innova rock in that aspect. I will check out crysta sometime next week. May book one after a few months though.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 07:27   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Its not a random belief, its a time tested fact! A friend of mine bought a top end Innova in 2012 for 14L. The car has done 55k km and he is getting offers for 11.5L!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We have offers for our 2013 Innova g4 which has done 90,000kms for about 12-13 lakhs.
I picked up a pre-owned Innova VX version (2nd Gen) for 12L in Bangalore, so completely understand the super resale value that the vehicle commands. For the first owner, he would have paid only slightly more when bought it initially.

But look at the Innova pricing history. When the second generation was launched, the on-road BLR price was 13L (from another thread on TeamBHP). This climbed up steadily to around 19.5L (on-road BLR) over years (without any major upgrades). That is a 50% increase in prices. That was one of the primary factors for the stupendous resale value.

Does the Toyota have the leeway to increase Innova Crysta prices in similar fashion? My guess is no.
Old 21st May 2016, 07:57   #690
BHPian

I agree! In 2006 when we got our Innova G variant it costed us around 11 lakhs on-road. The car was almost totaled in an accident in 2013, we got it repaired paying some extra dough and it was sold to some folk for 5.75 Lakhs after 7 years of ownership and 2,00,000 kms on the odo.
Will the new Cyrsta see a price hike in a similar fashion? Not at all! In terms of pricing, I feel Innova has reached that saturation point where hiking it more than 1-1.5 lakhs now will make it an over-priced product. For the package it offers now it's definitely a value for money proposition though the GX variant does deserve an infotainment system. Why Toyota didn't equip it with is still beyond understanding!
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks