Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 15:43   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I thought this would be good enough for a range of 500-600 kms by taking an estimate of 9-10 kpl.

I think I was wrong !!
Don't jump to conclusion too soon, buddy. You just covered 120Kms, right.

The vehicle is in run in period, please follow the run in procedure as suggested by the manufacturer.

Your expectation of 9-10 Kmpl is quite reasonable, I believe, given the ARAI figure is 14.29 Kmpl.

These onboard computers are more often not very accurate. Please do keep us posted on the mileage front.
Old 15th May 2016, 15:49   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel Efficiency of this monster is pretty interesting.

This monster is a guzzler to say the least and the powerful mode is going to give no more than 5-6
:Shocked:

I sincerely hope that your spirited driving was indeed true to the word. Otherwise, this vehicle is going to be painful to maintain. Paying the premium once and then enjoying a relatively easy-on-the-wallet experience is what we all hope for; however, getting a measly 5-6 kmpl in the city is not what majority of the buyers plan to sign-up for - constantly being reminded of owning a guzzler at the fuel station is a textbook turn off.

It would be helpful if others owners can also share their experiences.
Old 15th May 2016, 18:50   #633
BHPian

Quote:

It showed me 6 kpl.

However driven intelligently it could perhaps return 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

Your expectation of 9-10 Kmpl is quite reasonable, I believe, given the ARAI figure is 14.29 Kmpl.

These onboard computers are more often not very accurate. Please do keep us posted on the mileage front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
It would be helpful if others owners can also share their experiences.
I'm not an owner (at least not yet!) but during my TD, the MID showed figures hovering around 10-11 kpl. The TD vehicle had run around 480 kms. The drive was in 'Normal' mode, in city traffic sans any rush and an occasional spirited driving on a vacant stretch of road in 'power' mode. But like Ecenandu said, the accuracy of these systems remain questionable. I hope fellow owners will soon update us on the same. Anything around 12 is reasonably good IMO!
Old 15th May 2016, 20:06   #634
BHPian

You need to check this again, I touched very high triple digit speeds and it was showing 14 as average.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2016 at 07:50. Reason: Strictly no direct mentions of speeding on the forum! Thanks.
Old 15th May 2016, 22:13   #635
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

The TD vehicles I was driving, both MT as well as AT were showing sub 8 kmpl mileage as far as I recollect. This while being run up and down exclusively on Worli sea face.

Separately, re on road prices, the Shinrai Toyota price list includes 24,000 worth of "compulsory" accessories. I wonder whether one can complain to Toyota about this. Is this dealer level decision or is this actually encouraged by Toyota? Has anyone outright refused to pay this and succeeded?

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th May 2016 at 22:15.
Old 15th May 2016, 23:09   #636
BHPian

Even Millenium Toyota has compulsory 24 k worth of accessories. I have requested them that it would be my choice of accessories which they reluctantly agreed to.hoping to get hold over my beast this weekend
Old 15th May 2016, 23:36   #637
BHPian

People with new Fortuner 2.8 in Thailand are reporting a mileage of 11-13kmpl whereas for the 2.4 at the mileage is as high as 16-18 kmpl. So the Innova should definitely return 11-13 kmpl in India. Owing to the lesser weight.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 00:17   #638
Senior - BHPian

Have been reading news about Innova managing bookings in excess of 15000 and 60% of them are ATs. Great for a start

At the same time Toyota has left open a wide gap for taxi segment in 10-16 Lac price range.

Lets see the sales numbers of Ertiga, Mobilio, etc. in the next few months.

If I were Toyota, I would have launched a new people mover almost immediately in that price range.
Old 16th May 2016, 03:54   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
People with new Fortuner 2.8 in Thailand are reporting a mileage of 11-13kmpl whereas for the 2.4 at the mileage is as high as 16-18 kmpl. So the Innova should definitely return 11-13 kmpl in India. Owing to the lesser weight.
Seriously? These figures you've quoted are over-optimistic at best! 11-13 kmpl even on the highway is a bit of a stretch. My Lodgy with a 1.5 litre engine has never crossed 12 kmpl in sedately driven B2B traffic. Also, the Vento with the 1.5 hovers around that figure. In my personal experience, the 1.3 DDiS goes up to 14 or 15 kmpl in city traffic. Yes, there's no replacement for displacement and that holds true in the mileage aspect too, I'm afraid.

As some early buyers here have quoted, I don't think it'd go beyond 6-8 kmpl in city traffic and 10-12 kmpl in the highway. Between the two engines I don't see much variation.
Old 16th May 2016, 07:34   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Separately, re on road prices, the Shinrai Toyota price list includes 24,000 worth of "compulsory" accessories. I wonder whether one can complain to Toyota about this. Is this dealer level decision or is this actually encouraged by Toyota? Has anyone outright refused to pay this and succeeded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Even Millenium Toyota has compulsory 24 k worth of accessories. I have requested them that it would be my choice of accessories which they reluctantly agreed to.hoping to get hold over my beast this weekend

Buying accessories is not compulsory. If the dealer doesn't budge, file a complaint with Toyota Care and let them take up the matter with the dealer.

I am currently in queue to get the vehicle sometime in the next 3-4 months and had checked with the Sales person before booking that buying accessories and car Insurance through them is optional. If they rescind their word, I plan to take up the matter with Toyota customer support even if that means missing getting the car on time.

People buying the new Endeavour have had similar experiences and a call to Ford has helped them get out of the accessories trap.
Old 16th May 2016, 09:29   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Seriously? These figures you've quoted are over-optimistic at best! 11-13 kmpl even on the highway is a bit of a stretch.
With older innova (2.5 D4-D), I manage to get 10.5-11kmpl in city whereas on highway it's between 13-15 kmpl.

Quote:
As some early buyers here have quoted, I don't think it'd go beyond 6-8 kmpl in city traffic and 10-12 kmpl in the highway.
With new G series engines, I am sure fuel economy is going to be much higher. But, if new vehicles get driven in 'pedal to metal' style, above figures are quite possible. Most innova crysta owners would be testing/enjoying additional power, hence such low figures(my speculation). Once they start utilizing additional torque & work through gears correctly, fuel economy figures should improve.
Old 16th May 2016, 09:33   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fuel Efficiency of this monster is pretty interesting.

It showed me 6 kpl.

On the way back home I drove with a very light foot and it was upping slightly.

This monster is a guzzler to say the least and the powerful mode is going to give no more than 5-6
Varun, Do reset the tripmeter completely. The kms on the trip or odo might not be much but the car might have been idling for a long time resulting in the trip computer showing a lower reading. This happens a lot.

After resetting the average FE display, then check what the MID reads. Note resetting the trip meter is not the same as resetting the average kmpl display. Each can be reset individually.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th May 2016 at 12:45. Reason: typos
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 10:10   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheart View Post
Dear All,

My first post and really excited to be here after so many years of trying. To add to the Joy, Tomorrow i am taking the delivery of my new innova crysta Garnet Red ZX MT ( Which i have been waiting for the past 1.5 years ).

I had tried Automtic, but the rubber band effect with the CVT was very obvious in the AT. I will do the initial report as soon as i get my keys.

Regards,
Anzy
Mine is ready for delivery. Moved it to Thursday due to prior office commitments. GX AT Bronze. Waiting for Thursday.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2016 at 07:51. Reason: Punctuation marks.
Old 16th May 2016, 12:44   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Varun, Do reset the tripmeter completely. The kms on the trip or odo might not be much but the car might have been idling for a long time resulting in the trip computer showing a lower reading. This happens a lot.

After resting the average FE display, then check what the MID reads. Note reseting the trip meter is not the same as reseting the average kmpl display. Each can be reset individually.
I will try doing this Vidyut. Thanks.

I am going to start driving the car properly tomorrow onwards. I will report my findings here.

Either way I am not one to get disappointed.
Old 16th May 2016, 13:17   #645
BHPian

I just saw the Crysta at the dealer a few days ago, and this vehicle is pretty impressive.

Nice leather, styling and the doors now have some heft (weight) to them, indicating some attention to safety.

Also, the rear bumper appeared to be a stylized bumper beam - something which everyone places as an aftermarket bumper guard here...I guess that's good, but it's not a *real* bumper - as is required in the US.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks