Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 13:42   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
It is important to note that this is the laden ground clearance of the vehicle and not unladen. The way GC is measured has changed now and hence the unladen GC of the vehicle should still be around 170mm.
Yes, that is the directive lately but Swift's GC is unladen which has been discussed earlier as well in previous pages of this thread. And that's why the doubt. 163 seems pretty less for Bangalore roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
...The built quality is amazing and better than Dzire.
Really? In that case it definitely must be much better than baleno? Yet to check out in person but this sounds encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Pretty much conclusive evidence that the Swift is moving away from the enthusiasts, and into more mass market roles. Pricing played a key role too!
And Maruti won't care two hoots as long as it sells like the Dzire.

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th February 2018 at 13:51.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:33   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try taking it over some of our potholes/speed-humps?
I drove at banerghatta road and some narrow bylanes. Really didn't paid attention towards humps n potholes.

Quote:
So, what is the waiting period quoted by MS for Delivery?
PreBooked at 6th feb. Waiting period claimed of 6-8 weeks. But SA said yesterday that car is allotted.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:52   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
P.S: This thread seems to be pretty silent.
I guess people are waiting for the Team-Bhp review. It will surely break the silence.
Old 20th February 2018, 15:52   #934
BHPian

Please help me with these doubts-
1. Bangalore's road tax is 14%. But every dealer and website like carwale/cardekho are showing around 15.5-16% roadtax+registration charges on ex-showroom price. Any information am I missing?
2. Mudflaps and mats are sold as separate accessories, but dealer is forcing me to purchase additional crap like car perfume, tire puncture repair kit etc compulsorily as a package. I asked for only mats n mudflaps, SA denied.
3. I wanted a spoiler that is there in icreate accessories. Dealership has no info about it. Can I install it after receiving the car anytime?
4. I am aware that tbhp community does not recommend teflon coating. Is there any alternate treatment recommend for exterior as well as interior dashboard plastic?

Hopefully will get delivery by this weekend. Fingers crossed.
Old 20th February 2018, 20:03   #935
Senior - BHPian

New Swift with 17" wheels
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-1519137195984.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 20:06   #936
Distinguished - BHPian

A new kinda review!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 20:40   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A new kinda review!

Interesting. If a Swift could get excitement to 90 basis points then a M Sport should be what?

OT:Why are Auto journalists part of the Swift Advertisement? Is this not a conflict of interest ?

Maybe we need to open a new thread to discuss this advertisement.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 22:31   #938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_mo View Post
Please help me with these doubts-
1. Bangalore's road tax is 14%. But every dealer and website like carwale/cardekho are showing around 15.5-16% roadtax+registration charges on ex-showroom price. Any information am I missing?
There's a 10% surcharge on road tax, so it's 14% + 1.4% = 15.4% for cars costing between 5-10L. Anything above that amount is the dealer padding numbers to make a buck. Verify before paying up.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 23:16   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
OT:Why are Auto journalists part of the Swift Advertisement? Is this not a conflict of interest ?

Spot on! What next? Aadhar-based mind-reading voting machines for elections?
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 00:02   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Interesting. If a Swift could get excitement to 90 basis points then a M Sport should be what?

How is this any different from Honda Amaze having the journalists' opinions on their web page?

It's something new that a manufacturer has tried out. No one's stopping BMW or other car makers to do the same.
Old 21st February 2018, 00:33   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
How is this any different from Honda Amaze having the journalists' opinions on their web page?

It's something new that a manufacturer has tried out. No one's stopping BMW or other car makers to do the same.
Its unethical and a clear conflict of interest. That's why the furore. A journalist is supposed to be unbiased and report the facts. Its a different thing that most of the current lot are far from unbiased and are actually not fit to be called journalists, but this blatant plugging for a company takes the cake.
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 07:02   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's a 10% surcharge on road tax, so it's 14% + 1.4% = 15.4% for cars costing between 5-10L.
Thanks a lot sir! I was trying to get proper information from long time. Sales people gave many funny and illogical answers while explaining the extra 1.4%.

May be we can start a satirical thread - "collection of funny answers given by sales people".
Moto_mo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 08:02   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be we can start a satirical thread - collection of funny answers given by sales people.
here too.

It is a rare occurrence that a Bhpian needs some thread and it isn't already present on the forum. Take a look at the following and you will find echoes of your own encounter with the salesfolk.

Comedy of Errors
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 09:16   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Its unethical and a clear conflict of interest. That's why the furore. A journalist is supposed to be unbiased and report the facts. Its a different thing that most of the current lot are far from unbiased and are actually not fit to be called journalists, but this blatant plugging for a company takes the cake.
You still haven't answered how it is different from Honda Amaze having this info on the web page. They got it in a website, Maruti have it in a video. It's still going to be the same stuff they were going to say post completion of the rides.

I don't think this is an ad. Rather a collection of reviews from different motor journalists albeit in a different format.

In fact they haven't uttered anything other than a few phrases at the end, I am not sure where all this outrage is coming from
Old 21st February 2018, 09:18   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's a 10% surcharge on road tax, so it's 14% + 1.4% = 15.4% for cars costing between 5-10L. Anything above that amount is the dealer padding numbers to make a buck. Verify before paying up.
Quote:
Thanks a lot sir! I was trying to get proper information from long time. Sales people gave many funny and illogical answers while explaining the extra 1.4%.
In Karnataka, for cars with Ex-showroom prices between 5-10 lakhs, the road tax is 14% (source)

Cess is 11% and not 10% as mentioned by BHPian Chetan Rao (source)

Registration fee is Rs.600. Smart card fee Rs.200 (source).

Avoid paying anything more than the above amount (15.54% of Ex-showroom price plus Rs.800) to the dealership towards registration of your vehicle.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks