Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2018, 06:36   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

If the very act of breathing fresh air becomes tough, people must discard everything that pollutes. Life is far more important. Delhi must embrace electric cars with a vengeance. But that takes political will. I'm stumped that things have come to this
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 07:21   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I for one have thought about it and made a firm decision on not registering any of my Future cars in Delhi /NCR.

I will rather get them registered at Punjab, where my Factory is located.
As I have mentioned before, just like the odd-even rule, the judgement says that NO car older than 10 years (diesel) and 15 years (petrol) will be allowed to ply on Delhi roads. This includes all cars regardless of their state of registration. So it would not matter even if you get your car registered outside. Only solace currently is that the cops are not enforcing it. Also the sheer number of vehicles combined with great difficulty in identifying a cars age means that they will need a lot of man power to be able to do this.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 11:30   #288
BHPian

Dear BHPians, i want to get a NOC for my 2011 Swift Vdi in Delhi, however the chasis number is rusted and not readable. Can anyone help me how to get a NOC from transport department. Thanks.
Old 10th January 2019, 10:46   #289
BHPian

Hi. A friend of mine has a 16 year old Pajero which is moded for off road use in Gurgaon. He uses it occasionally for short drives as well. Can he drive it in Delhi NCR occasionally or will he run in trouble with the law.What are his options in this case? Your advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10th January 2019, 12:54   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. A friend of mine has a 16 year old Pajero which is moded for off road use in Gurgaon. He uses it occasionally for short drives as well. Can he drive it in Delhi NCR occasionally or will he run in trouble with the law.What are his options in this case? Your advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.
The rule is not being enforced at all. The cops do not have any place to impound your vehicle. One person in my office was stopped by cops for a random red light thing. When they checked the RC, it was an 11 year old diesel. They said they would have to impound the car, but took a 1000 bucks, brought down from 5000 rupees. As expected, its being treated as a fleecing exercise.
Its all a matter of chance, I believe.
The biggest issue I am personally facing is renewal of PUC. Last time I had to go deep into Noida to get it after being refused by my regular lace. This time It will have to be even further, I think .
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 14:59   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone managed to get an NOC for a under 10 year diesel from the Delhi RTO so far?
If so, any clue about the 5 year tax that ought to be returned?
Old 10th April 2019, 17:24   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Has anyone managed to get an NOC for a under 10 year diesel from the Delhi RTO so far?
I have got am NOC. The tax refund is a separate application that you need to initiate I guess. Ofcourse it would not be easy to take money back from them. I would love to hear if someone manages to do that and then all of us follow the same. That is probably the only way to make the government realize our agony when they start losing revenue.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th April 2019 at 17:52. Reason: Typo
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 15:06   #293
BHPian

Quote:
I got NOC issued in January 2019 for my 2009 Punto - 6 months short of hitting 10 years (car sold). It was hassle free for the most part - no agent needed and zero fee paid.

For the tax refund, it can only be claimed by the first owner and that too if the NOC states that the first owner itself is registering the vehicle in another state and one has to submit proof that tax has been paid in another state before applying for it. If it's part of a sale, no refund can be claimed. Similarly, second or subsequent owners can not claim tax refund as per the rules.
nkapoor777 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 13:40   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the 10 year rule applicable from manufacturing or registration??
Old 12th May 2019, 14:39   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Registration, the day when the car comes on road and starts polluting.
Old 12th May 2019, 14:59   #296
BHPian

Quote:
10 years from the date of manufacture.

Source: An acquaintance bought a 10 year-old ex-Army Gypsy from Mayapuri hoping to get it registered in 2019 and run it till 2034 (15 years from the date of registration for a petrol vehicle). Was in for a rude shock when he found out that the 15 years would be counted from 2009 (date of manufacture).

Last edited by boniver : 12th May 2019 at 15:02. Reason: adding source
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 19:00   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Registration, the day when the car comes on road and starts polluting.
That's what it should be,no? But apparently it ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post

Thanks, that's what I was trying to get a confirmation on.
This is pure persecution.
Old 12th May 2019, 19:42   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Source: An acquaintance bought a 10 year-old ex-Army Gypsy from Mayapuri hoping to get it registered in 2019 and run it till 2034 (15 years from the date of registration for a petrol vehicle). Was in for a rude shock when he found out that the 15 years would be counted from 2009 (date of manufacture).
Army vehicles don't have a RC or a similar document?
Old 12th May 2019, 20:02   #299
BHPian

Quote:
That's what it should be,no? But apparently it ain't....
...This is pure persecution.
Not really, no. Like in the case I stated above, an army vehicle would already have been on road and polluting for several years even before it's registered. In that case it'd be unfair to other vehicles if the calculation would be done on the basis of the year of registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Army vehicles don't have a RC or a similar document?
They're registered internally, in the army. Not to the MVD like civilian cars. Which is also why they have a separate nomenclature system as can be seen on their number plates.

When someone buys an ex-Army vehicle, it's the same as an unregistered/new vehicle so it first has to be registered with the MVD. In these cases, the manufacturing and registration years vary by quite a large margin.

Last edited by boniver : 12th May 2019 at 20:06. Reason: forgot to use multi-quote
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 00:17   #300
BHPian

Quote:

I don't mean to sound blunt, but isn't that quite evident?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks