Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 19:52   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Edit: This Overdrive article seems to suggest otherwise.
Not sure what OD is smoking, but Trailhawk is certainly not on the cards for the Indian market, at least initially.

It's possible that the 9-speed diesel AT will be offered in a single Trailhawk trim, but much later.

The Compass is most likely to be offered in 3 trims at launch - Sport, Longitude & Limited - with the 4x4 in the Limited trim only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Does anyone know when the prices will be made known to the public?
Around mid-August.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:09   #287
BHPian

I will be surprised if Fiat manages to sell more than 500 units per month. People might look at it, drool over it etc., but there won't be many takers when it comes to actually owning the car regardless of price. There were some nice cars in this category, such as the Yeti, which hardly sold. So, I am not surprised that Fiat is not bringing all the options/variants to the Indian market. It doesn't make sense to bring the Trailhawk version just to sell one or two cars a month.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I will be surprised if Fiat manages to sell more than 500 units per month. People might look at it, drool over it etc., but there won't be many takers when it comes to actually owning the car regardless of price. There were some nice cars in this category, such as the Yeti, which hardly sold. So, I am not surprised that Fiat is not bringing all the options/variants to the Indian market. It doesn't make sense to bring the Trailhawk version just to sell one or two cars a month.
This is a size above Yeti. If Creta, Duster can find takers a lot of them will be swayed by this for a few bucks more. Mind you there Tucson/CRV are the actual competitors that will be hit a lot.

I for one will be looking at the petrol automatic if the pricing is as sensible as Raven says. We need a SUV which is a decent size for the city as well and this would satisfy all categories.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:18   #289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
This is a size above Yeti. If Creta, Duster can find takers a lot of them will be swayed by this for a few bucks more. Mind you there Tucson/CRV are the actual competitors that will be hit a lot.

I for one will be looking at the petrol automatic if the pricing is as sensible as Raven says. We need a SUV which is a decent size for the city as well and this would satisfy all categories.

Is it the same size say, as the Q3?
If yes, then it will take some sales away from the Q3, GLA and X1 for sure, apart from the Tucson and its ilk.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:33   #290
BHPian

Those in the market for a creta or Duster will probably not be able to afford this. It is not going to be less than 20L on road for the base version and it is not easy to stretch your budget from 15L to 20L just like that. Like the Tucson pricing, the base variant might be so under equipped that it won't even be worth spending 20L+. A different mindset if needed to buy a 20L+ vehicle. It may do better than CRV and Tucson but definitely won't be a volume mover in that segment. But it's great to have a real worthy competitor in the 20L+ segment.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:36   #291
BHPian

Quote:
What's there to hit?

Tucson sold 146 last month and CRV about 19 last month. Even if Fiat were to take a pie from it, it may not be in triple digits.

The point I am trying to make is, (my guess of course) there are not many people who can both appreciate this vehicle and have the money to own one. There might be few like you willing to take the risk, but that's about it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want FCA to succeed (I own a Linea) but just don't believe in this market.

I see that this is bigger than Yeti and if Fiat believes so and prices it accordingly, we will be looking at at least 23L upwards.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:43   #292
Senior - BHPian

Fiat struggles to source parts and service its cars on time for the sales they have. Not sure how many service centres have been authorised by Jeep? Fiat has just 2-3 in Bangalore and the closest I have is 15 KMs and the fastest is 40 KMs away( via Nice Rd).

This in my opinion will be a key deciding factor for consumers. My extended warranty hasn't been paid by FCA for the last 6 months. If this is the state then Jeep are bound to struggle even if they were to sell a 1000 units per month.

Fiat in India is perceived as expensive to maintain. Jeep needs to work on eliminating this perception.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:45   #293
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I see that this is bigger than Yeti and if Fiat believes so and prices it accordingly, we will be looking at at least 23L upwards.
I tend to agree. If the top spec Yeti itself is at 30 ish on road, I would be surprised if the top spec Jeep Compass weighs in at any less than that!
And they will surely have the Tiguan in their sights too.

All in all, I would love to buy this Compass Top Spec, but I am going to hold off for at least another year or so, till things settle down.

I m not interested in being "fashion forward" - much rather be "function relevant".

Old 13th April 2017, 00:07   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
As far as I know, there is no Renegade being launched by Jeep. Instead, they will launch a sub 4 meter vehicle (based on Renegade) next year at a slight premium to Ecosport. That is expected to be launched below INR 10 lacs.

https://autoportal.com/news/jeep-bos...ndia-9518.html
As i said they will launch renegade in india soon. Check out other thread.
Old 13th April 2017, 00:19   #295
BHPian

Jeep is apparently rethinking pricing, as dealers are furious with the zero sakes they're seeing with Jeep and Fiat. Expect a change in strategy on price
Old 13th April 2017, 01:21   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mind you there Tucson/CRV are the actual competitors that will be hit a lot.
How is hit possible?,
Both Tucson and CRV don't sell at all

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th April 2017 at 01:32.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 01:51   #297
BHPian

From Shapur Kotwal Twitter https://twitter.com/ShapurK/status/852035653122498561

" India will get option of black roof on Jeep Compass. No sunroof though " Unfortunate
Old 13th April 2017, 06:43   #298
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is no way they will hit 2500 units even with a 17 lacs pricing. Thats taking 50% of sales each of xuv, fortuner, and every other car out there.
Old 13th April 2017, 08:26   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
There is no way they will hit 2500 units even with a 17 lacs pricing. Thats taking 50% of sales each of xuv, fortuner, and every other car out there.
Jeep Renegade will be the entry level CUV and speculated to cost a lakh more than Creta - so you can speculate the pricing of Compass!

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 08:50   #300
Senior - BHPian

If this is positioned between the Creta and the XUV, I would skip both those and go for the Jeep Compass. If it is priced closer to the Tucson, I might go for the Tucson.

For the first time, we T-BHPians cannot even get a hang of which segment a car would be competing in - definitely says something about Jeep, and its pricing games in the Indian subcontinent

PS: I don't have the money to buy any of the above mentioned vehicles, I only have dreams and ideas
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks