Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 16:00   #256
BHPian

Re: Indian Police Cars

UP Police in Ghaziabad has recently started using new flashy Mahindra Scorpios. Would try to get a picture.

Also one could see a flashy Delhi Traffic Police Pulsar on NH 24, complete with strobe lights and tall beacon. Much like the European counterparts police bikes.

Also recently saw a Tata Safari on NH 24, with big POLICE lettering on the body. Not sure... which city or department.
Old 26th November 2015, 21:11   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai police has got a fleet of 100 brand new Maruti Ertiga cars and one car will be allocated to each area. ( face lifted -LXI)

Indian Police Cars-marutiertigafaceliftpolice.jpg
Indian Police Cars-mumbaipolicegetsertiga.jpg
Indian Police Cars-mumbaipolicegetsnewertiga.jpg
Indian Police Cars-mumbaipolicemarutiertiga.jpg

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/11/car...ti-ertiga-lxi/
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:32   #258
Senior - BHPian

Wow i think Mumbai cops deserve these Ertiga's but i wonder why they are not diesel versions ? I hope they run those on CNG.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur cops have been using the Ertigas for last 6 months, All of them are petrol Lxi's.
Old 26th November 2015, 22:03   #260
BHPian

Even Pune police has had these Ertiga's for about 6 months now. They are white colored petrol LXi's. Good to see Mumbai police getting these much deserved Ertiga's. They look smart as a police vehicle however could get some basic accessories like wheel caps.
Old 26th November 2015, 22:21   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mumbai police has got a fleet of 100 brand new Maruti Ertiga cars and one car will be allocated to each area. ( face lifted -LXI)

Attachment 1444049
Attachment 1444050
Attachment 1444051
Attachment 1444052

Very surprising to note that Mumbai police vehicles are running without number plate that too when it is illegal to even take out the car out of showroom without a temporary number.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 23:19   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Wow i think Mumbai cops deserve these Ertiga's but i wonder why they are not diesel versions ? I hope they run those on CNG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Nagpur cops have been using the Ertigas for last 6 months, All of them are petrol Lxi's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak7 View Post
Even Pune police has had these Ertiga's for about 6 months now. They are white colored petrol LXi's.
I saw quite a few of them on road on the way back from work. With all those neat stickers they were looking chic, but I was utterly disappointed on seeing that they were Lxi trims. Given the amount of running each of these vehicles would be doing, at least basic thing that they could have done to save public money in the long run was to atleast buy a CNG or diesel version
Old 26th November 2015, 23:21   #263
BHPian

Exactly, shouldn't they get diesel cars since these cars do a lot of running day in and day out (patrolling, transportation, attending to a situation, etc.)
I have seen a lot of official government vehicles that are petrol and do have a lot of running, many in my neighborhood as well (favorites being the Honda City, Swift Dzire and SX4), all petrol. Shouldn't they be trying to save the tax payers money by using more economical modes of transportation?
Old 26th November 2015, 23:39   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
I saw quite a few of them on road on the way back from work. With all those neat stickers they were looking chic, but I was utterly disappointed on seeing that they were Lxi trims. Given the amount of running each of these vehicles would be doing, at least basic thing that they could have done to save public money in the long run was to atleast buy a CNG or diesel version
Actually, it is a good step that they got LXi model because I feel features like power windows, tachometer, music system shouldn't be needed in a police vehicle. Rear AC could have been fitted but every time I see a police Ertiga in Pune, they are always running without AC and with the windows down. Also, since these cars will be going through heavy abuse, electricals will keep on breaking down thus increasing the maintenance cost. Also, fitting CNG is not a good step because of limited range and the diesel variants also costs extra.
carfreak7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 23:58   #265
BHPian

Chandigarh Police has also been using Maruti Ertiga for past 6 months or so, albeit the base diesel version. Ertiga is planned to slowly phase out all the old Gypsy's as the new PCR(Police control room) vehicle here in Chandigarh.
Although I must add, Gypsy looks far more butch in those red and blue stripes.
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 19:21   #266
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga is good, no one will deny that for sure. But in my personal opinion, Police should get cars like Sumo and Bolero only for normal work. Those are very rough and tough vehicles and can take abuse easily. Also those are diesel and very powerful, can carry extra loads when needed. Just my take
Old 1st December 2015, 19:27   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Saw several of them in the past few days, Liked the flashing blue lights on the top, But is it supposed to be always ON in the night? I saw several of them with the lights flashing, Which wasn't really very pleasing to the eye.
Old 1st December 2015, 21:03   #268
BHPian

Chandigarh too has the same LXi variants with ABS. It's been 6 months they have made Gypsy as the secondary vehicle for the outer sectors.
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:08   #269
BHPian

It's a bit old now, say August 2015, but the MP police have taken 1,000 Tata Safari Storme. Can't seem to find the source. Image:

Indian Police Cars-12019987_969689349753940_4904384929912519681_n.jpg
Indian Police Cars-1.png
rohansachar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:18   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Ghaziabad police have upped the ante, by far.
Near the border, they are using Xenons with canopies. In white, but so damn good!!
The car. Lesser said about the people in it, the better.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks