Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 00:20   #121

Yep!! That Scorpio is most definately an M-Hawk!! Notice the Graphics on the car. It comes only on the Top End MHawk. And this is before the Refresh!!
Old 14th April 2009, 00:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

I actually noticed the Police Logo more. Very very new age. The Lights are also a welcome change from the dumb red dome. All in all best package on this thread.
Old 14th April 2009, 00:50   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Also Did Mister Arun Kumar have a Tripod issue? Cause I need to find my Amurtanjan bottle after looking at the last post.
If you notice in the snap, the person has tried to cover as much of the fleet as he could in the frame. Taking it in the normal way would not have resulted in obtaining so much coverage.

I've noticed while channel hopping that cops in various serials are indeed given Scorpios.
Old 14th April 2009, 07:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
White Taveras are also there. They are for Highway Patrol whereas Boleros with soft tops are for the various circles/Police stations. Some Boleros are in white colour while others are black.
Apart from these White and dark Blue Bolero Invaders, city police have been issued with a fleet of 20 regular Boleros in white as control room vehicles. These vehicles are stationed at various spots in Trivandrum.
Old 14th April 2009, 07:40   #125
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I passed a Police Innova on the way to work, that is a first time for me. Not a patrol vehicle, I think it is a VIP police carrier.

Quote:
Also Did Mister Arun Kumar have a Tripod issue? Cause I need to find my Amurtanjan bottle after looking at the last post.
That is some peoples idea of clever composition, that rarely works.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:13   #126
BHPian

Quote:
I actually noticed the Police Logo more. Very very new age. The Lights are also a welcome change from the dumb red dome. All in all best package on this thread.
This is for the peole who thought that the bulbous lights were kinda outdated
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Police Cars-0233.jpg  

Old 14th April 2009, 08:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Well, it still looks outdated
Old 14th April 2009, 08:40   #128
BHPian

One pulled me over with those outdated light .. :-(. I'd have preffered to get pulled over by one of these shown below.

P.S these are just show cars, they have not reached cops yet. they still use outdated ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Police Cars-corvette_zr1_1.jpg  

Old 14th April 2009, 09:25   #129
Senior - BHPian

These Chennai cars are immaculate and Scratchless -- Can anyone dare scratch them !!

In Delhi, Tavera can be seen as police cars, may be replacements for ageing Qualis

Last edited by tanwaramit : 14th April 2009 at 09:37.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:38   #130
BHPian

In Kolkata there is a Tata Indigo as a cop car. Wish I had a pic of it. It was introduced into the Bidhannagar Police Force to chase down all the Dragsters!
Old 14th April 2009, 12:43   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
In Kolkata there is a Tata Indigo as a cop car. Wish I had a pic of it. It was introduced into the Bidhannagar Police Force to chase down all the Dragsters!

heheh thats the funniest of the lot , Tata indigo to chase down dragsters talking of this in the early nineties Trivandrum police had a batch of about 10 Yamaha RD 350s all decked and fitted out to be cop bikes and wow did they burn the road at that time ... but sadly they all fell into bad hands just like all other govt vehicles and must be lying around now someplace rotting away to glory. These were acquiredto chase down traffic offenders and to be the pilot vehicle in VIP convoys.

The rider were even sent abroad for some sort of training , i remember my dad coming home from work and telling me about the stunts these trained riders were pulling off on the day they were being inducted into service.Those days i used to be staying in the quarters behind chandrasekhar nair staidum in Trivandrum .
Old 14th April 2009, 13:52   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yesterday I passed a Police Innova on the way to work, that is a first time for me. Not a patrol vehicle, I think it is a VIP police carrier.
In Ahmedabad too Commissioner level police officers have Innova
Old 14th April 2009, 23:07   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you notice in the snap, the person has tried to cover as much of the fleet as he could in the frame. Taking it in the normal way would not have resulted in obtaining so much coverage.
Right, I also feel the same, he tried to cover as much of the fleet.

BTW Arun Kumar Sinha is a senior IPS officer in Kerala. I think he is now IG (Intelligence). He is an avid photographer too, see his flickr profile

Flickr: Arun Kumar Sinha's Photostream

Trivandrum also have Tata Indigo Speed Chasers ( or some other name?, I forgot) with the Motor Vehicles Department. I have some shot of it somewhere.
Old 15th April 2009, 02:34   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a sweet fleet of Taveras and Invaders .. Why are some black and some white?
The Taveras were for Highway Patrol, replacing Qualis.
Indian Police Cars-keralahighwaypolice.jpg

Dont know the color difference in the Invaders, though its dark Blue, rather than Black.

Quote:
I wonder if its Arun Kumar Sinha, IPS?? If so, then I guess he is an Inspector General in Kerala Police. I guess that makes it somewhat difficult for us to find out about the tripod part.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:59   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Check out the Ultimate Indian Cop Car!!!
ultimate cop car apart,what i did notice was that its parked in front of a 'no-parking' board,come on now tow it away,will someone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks