Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 16:24   #286
BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Do you mean to say July 19th or 21st ??
Just re-confirmed. He still says June. That's good news if it's true.
Old 9th June 2017, 18:03   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
But the Compass isn't a "true blue" Jeep! It's based on Fiat's platform, has engines from Fiat and I'm sure there would be a lot more from Fiat going in to the Compass considering it's being built in an existing Fiat facility!
Exactly. Americans are not impressed that current Jeeps are just Fiat platforms. And Indians who would not pay 10L for a Fiat before are suddenly queuing up to pay 25L for a Fiat-Jeep?
The same tired FCA management that has disappointed current Fiat owners is still in charge of Jeep operations. The car is a month away from launch and there are no Jeep service centers, which means your Jeeps will be serviced at the existing Fiat network. And the only effect MOPAR has had is that Fiat service has become visibly worse.

Quote:
I would only be concerned only about some complex components like the auto gear boxes, the all terrain drive systems etc since these parts in all likelihood are being manufactured for the first time in India by Fiat and there may even be some imported components in these systems, making replacements expensive or time consuming.
All the spy shots/early reviews only show vehicles with a Manual transmission and the 2L MJD. The Multiair head on the 1.4 Petrol is known to have reliability issues, and they don't seem to be testing the automatic box enough either. Their first batches will definitely have issues which might be why they've said that exports will start only from Q4.
Old 9th June 2017, 18:41   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Americans are not impressed that current Jeeps are just Fiat platforms.
Jeep has almost doubled their US market sales over the last three years.

Americans are primarily disappointed because the Renegade and Compass are smaller than they would have liked, and the off road capability is less than what they are used to, specially from the Jeep brand. But compass variants like the Trailhawk have been getting nice reviews in the US.

That said, models like the Compass have helped them expand to many other markets as well. Like India, for example - where the off-road ability is not considered a big deal when compared to other factors like looks and features.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th June 2017 at 18:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 02:26   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Details on the Jeep Compass

The diesel model will get the Selec-Terrain traction management system and Jeep Active Drive four-wheel drive system exclusive to the Limited Grades

SOURCE: Jeep Compass Details

Does this mean only the Diesel Limited Grades get the four wheel drive? (And not the Petrol Models?)

If this is so, it means an automatic option with four wheel drive will not be available. Back to the pricey Tiguan and Kodiaq then for me ... 😩
Old 10th June 2017, 08:05   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Does this mean only the Diesel Limited Grades get the four wheel drive? (And not the Petrol Models?)

If this is so, it means an automatic option with four wheel drive will not be available. Back to the pricey Tiguan and Kodiaq then for me ... 😩

I did mention this in my post #103 on this thread. Wonder why Petrol's still get a step motherly treatment? I guess it's high time these car makers start selling packages. Just make a base car and give us the option of various packages to add on. For example the 4 wheel package , a lighting package , safety package,an automatic package ( lol ) and so on.

I am just fed up of being in the market to buy something and not getting what I want. If it's automatic it's not available in the top trim(Diesel) , if it's Petrol you get the automatic but no 4*4. Frustrati.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 08:21   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
13 airbags does seem too high as even highest cars have 7/8 air bags mostly.
You are right. A little birdie tells me that Jeep Compass for india will have 6 Airbags. 2 each for Front, seats and curtains.

Australia version will have an additional knee airbag for the driver.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:45   #292
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
You are right. A little birdie tells me that Jeep Compass for india will have 6 Airbags. 2 each for Front, seats and curtains.

Australia version will have an additional knee airbag for the driver.

Exactly the same as the Yeti had right from launch. Driver knee airbag was always optional.
Old 10th June 2017, 09:04   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Exactly the same as the Yeti had right from launch. Driver knee airbag was always optional.
Has the model been discontinued? I was checking Skoda India website for checking the specs of Yeti v/s Compass, but can only find the upcoming Kodiaq SUV there.
Old 10th June 2017, 09:50   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But the Compass isn't a "true blue" Jeep! It's based on Fiat's platform, has engines from Fiat and I'm sure there would be a lot more from Fiat going in to the Compass considering it's being built in an existing Fiat facility!
May not be a bad thing if its built on some good virtues of Fiat and solid off-road expertise of Jeep. True blue Jeep or not, I am really looking forward to this vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Has the model been discontinued? I was checking Skoda India website for checking the specs of Yeti v/s Compass, but can only find the upcoming Kodiaq SUV there.
OT: Yes, its off the portfolio. Hopefully the new model with a new name, and increased acceptance for cars in that price range and size (e.g.; the Compass, Tiguan) the Karoq may find better acceptance in our market.
Old 10th June 2017, 10:43   #295
BHPian

Another link, mentioning Booking Open and expected to launch by 17th June

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...e-2017/709949/
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 13:53   #296
BHPian

Has anyone discussed about getting loyalty bonus or exchange bonus if we exchange our fiat cars? I own 2011 tjet plus and looking forward to buy the petrol version of the Compass?
Old 10th June 2017, 14:54   #297
Senior - BHPian

Does compass have adjustable dampers?? I just saw a review from PowerDrift on you-tube and the guy there mentioned about the same and said its available across the range. Does it?

Last edited by nitinralli : 10th June 2017 at 15:20.
Old 10th June 2017, 17:13   #298
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Yeti is undergoing its end of life in India and several other markets, paving way for the Karoq.

Personally I prefer the Quirky Yeti to the middle of the road Karoq!
Old 10th June 2017, 17:22   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Third in the "Know Your Compass" series of short videos of the India-spec 2017 Jeep Compass, with Milind Soman.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th June 2017 at 17:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 17:31   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
The car is a month away from launch and there are no Jeep service centers, which means your Jeeps will be serviced at the existing Fiat network. And the only effect MOPAR has had is that Fiat service has become visibly worse.
Actually a lot of brands in India that are part of a group are serviced at the same service center (atleast in Mumbai), sometimes dealt with by different staff based on expertise of the job. But brands like Jaguar/Land Rover, Porsche/Lamborghini/Bentley, BMW/Aston Martin (same dealer - Navnit), Maserati/Ferrari and possibly even Ssangyong and Mahindra; to name a few share the same service center. So atleast for the time being that shouldn't be much of an issue. The actual problems remain with the Jeep product itself and its reliability.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks