Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 21:14   #151
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Hello All

I am a prospective Octavia buyer very soon. I am trying to sell my 2013 XUV before I get to Skoda.

Couple of queries:
1. Ambition Octavia feature list says, it has LED DRL. But how different it is from the Style LED crystal DRL.
Can anybody share a photo of Ambition Front headlamps pls.

2. Apart from Leather, BiXenon lamps, Electrical Retractable mirrors, steering controls, rest of the features are there in the base variant. 2 extra Airbags in Style (4 in Ambition).

So I am gunning for Ambition 1.4 TSI. Any tips/suggestions here?
2.3 Lakhs extra for style over Ambition I dint find it worth while for my budget.
Old 16th August 2017, 22:07   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
On a side note, anybody got any luck in logging on to the MySkoda app? I registered but can't get through at all!
Are you using an iPhone by any chance? If so, the registration email comes in very late. I registered 4 days back, to check out what they offer in the app, and I got the email today.

Best way to login fast - use the Facebook Login option.
krishnadevjs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Are you using an iPhone by any chance?

Best way to login fast - use the Facebook Login option.
Thanks. I got through finally. Had to use the google login option. I can't see the maintenance pack etc as well but I think it will take some time to appear.
Old 17th August 2017, 23:31   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Congratulations to you too. Which colour have you got? Pics please.

I'm guessing it'll only be these 3 changes. Anything else is just bonus.
Just wish they gave the ambient lighting on the dashboard as well, like in the Superb L&K.

The seats for most VW group cars are firm. For long drives, they offer much better comfort. Have felt this in all 3 VWs in our family.
My Honda City had softer leather seats, which felt good in the beginning but over long drives, they weren't too comfortable.
We bought quartz grey. Below is the photo
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-image.jpeg  

mhr.manish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 23:37   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I got the goodyear ones. Might just change them into the Michelin. Jury is still out on that one. If anyone else in Pune is interested then we might just set up a group buy.
On a side note, anybody got any luck in logging on to the MySkoda app? I registered but can't get through at all!
Initially we were also thinking of changing the tyres and choice were Michelin or Pirelli in stock size. However, after doing research on the net realized that the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 which Skoda gives as stock is a good enough tyre and the gain if at all by changing over would be only marginal. So abandoned the best idea. Unles some compelling reason comes up.
Old 18th August 2017, 01:32   #156
BHPian

Hi guys, We were browsing through various apps available on AppStore for Octavia and found quite a few interesting one. However, all the ones which display proper data require smartgateTM to be loaded in the connectivity part of infotainment system. IT seems that on Indian cars it's not available. Does anyone know how the same can be appended to our system.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:31. Reason: Fixed typo. Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 03:46   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
HI guys,

We were browsing through various apps available on AppStore for Octavia and found quite a few interesting one. However, all the ones which display proper data require smartgateTM to be loaded in the connectivity part of infotainment system. IT seems that on Indian cars it's not available. Does anyone know how the same can be appended to our system.

Thanks in advance for your help guys
Officially, Skoda India will not install Smartgate. But it's around 11k from various sites and a stress-free plug and play installation. Go for it if you really need to!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:56   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
HI guys,

We were browsing through various apps available on AppStore for Octavia and found quite a few interesting one.
Did you try the Skoda OneApp? I just used it. Connect your car using apple carplay and start the app. It shows a whole lot of info while driving. For eg. for a short 17km trip, it is showing me my average speed, avg RPM, max speed,max RPM, Max Left G and Max right G. Plus you can also input the gas cost and it shows you the consumption and cost of the drive. No INR option though. Just use any other currency. I have also noticed a 'problems' section where it should show any problems it has detected with the car. Worth a try.
Not sure how to use this data though
pickdj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:15   #159
BHPian

As per a post on the other thread -, the L&K version is coming in diesel only. Does that mean the Style Plus is still the top version for petrol automatic (excluding vRS)?

Last edited by pnredkar : 22nd August 2017 at 20:16. Reason: Added clarification
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:27   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
As per a post on the other thread -, the L&K version is coming in diesel only. Does that mean the Style Plus is still the top version for petrol automatic (excluding vRS)?

That's not true, the dealer had revised pricing with L&K 1.8TSi being approximately 40k higher than the erstwhile style plus. Even the display car at Tafe Access is now a style model instead of the style plus they always display.
a_nan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:52   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I hope this answers the question
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-receipt.jpg

Last edited by krishnadevjs : 22nd August 2017 at 23:58.
Old 23rd August 2017, 00:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try the Skoda OneApp? I just used it. Connect your car using apple carplay and start the app. It shows a whole lot of info while driving. For eg. for a short 17km trip, it is showing me my average speed, avg RPM, max speed,max RPM, Max Left G and Max right G. Plus you can also input the gas cost and it shows you the consumption and cost of the drive. No INR option though. Just use any other currency. I have also noticed a 'problems' section where it should show any problems it has detected with the car. Worth a try.
Not sure how to use this data though
Wow what an app it turns your screen into a dashboard. Used it today first time. Being a petrolhead I was like ecstatic still figuring it out. Showed it to my kids who took the car out for a spin and further tested the app. You can actually record your trip and analyze various parameters offline after the trip.
I was thinking of buying ELM327 but now no need. Fantastic app I recommend to all. You will love it. Especially petrolheads
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:22   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I hope this answers the question
Attachment 1668978
Thanks. Has the dealer informed you about the additional features expected over the current Style Plus?
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:27   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Has the dealer informed you about the additional features expected over the current Style Plus?

I was told that the additions over style plus would be:

1. 12 speaker Canton system
2. L&K badging on the car
3. Perforated Leather Seats.
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:39   #165
BHPian

The VRS launch is happening somewhere in the last week of August or early first week of next month. It's at a race track somewhere in Thane. As of now.

Most Viewed