Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 19:23   #136
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
Also, my dealer didn't provide the SD card with navigation and will be provided once its available which will take another month or so can anyone please confirm this
First of all, congratulations!! This is the same for me as well, I still have not got the SD card with the navigation data. My dealer had initially said that it would take another week post delivery but its already been 3 weeks.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 15:59   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
First of all, congratulations!! This is the same for me as well, I still have not got the SD card with the navigation data. My dealer had initially said that it would take another week post delivery but its already been 3 weeks.
Thanks and likewise.
Our Dealer Aryaveer Skoda's Sales person told us SD card will take 4 weeks. So we are still waiting, will keep you guys posted.

Meanwhile we are really enjoying the car it's a performance car. Limited to 4000 rpm currently. YOU CAN FEEL THE THRUST.
Woooooooow.

One question though
Our dealer told us to use normal petrol which I found out is 87 octane, however, on checking the decal at fuel cover it mentions
Recommended 98 Octane and min 91 octane. So will upgrade on this.
Please advise what you are doing
Thanks once again

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2017 at 17:50. Reason: STRICTLY no mention of illegally high speeds on the forum please
Old 12th August 2017, 22:35   #138
BHPian

Because of Hells_Fury's timely post, a lot of phone calls and frequent (But judicious) use of the TBHP name, I was able to lock in and get a Race Blue Octavia 1.8TSI Style Plus AT. It took a lot of follow up and some plain old obstinacy from me to get the color I wanted. Kudos to Viiraaj Skoda, Pune for pushing so hard for me.
Love the car so far! I haven't got a number yet so not really going on the road much but, MAN is it beautiful! A pic for you guys right below. #thoselights
See you on the road gents!

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-file_000-1.jpeg

PPS: I got the navigation SD card along with the car during delivery. No issues there.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th August 2017 at 18:48. Reason: added details about SD card.
pickdj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 23:12   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

Just took delivery of the new Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Quartz Grey today!
I'm thinking of upgrading the tyres to either the Pirelli P7s or Continental Contisportcontact 5, Any suggestions by fellow BHPians would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The general preference on this forum seems to be to Michelin PS3 225/50 R16 (the dia / circumference doesnt change at all)
I have booked a style 1.8TSi, plan to get the tyres swapped right away. Was a little concerned that the rim width is not ideal for anything more than 215. Any suggestions?
Would be great if anyone can suggest a place to pick up some nicer alloys in bangalore, the ones on the style version aren't very nice. This will fix the narrow wheel issue as well.
a_nan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 20:37   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Because of Hells_Fury's timely post, a lot of phone calls and frequent (But judicious) use of the TBHP name, I was able to lock in and get a Race Blue Octavia 1.8TSI Style Plus AT.
=====
PPS: I got the navigation SD card along with the car during delivery. No issues there.
Congrats !! Thats a nice color indeed. On a side note, is that Viiraaj Skoda, Bhandarkar road branch? I am asking because I took the delivery of my new Rapid 1.5 DSG Style LE last month from the same delivery bay
Old 14th August 2017, 12:41   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Congrats !! Thats a nice color indeed. On a side note, is that Viiraaj Skoda, Bhandarkar road branch? I am asking because I took the delivery of my new Rapid 1.5 DSG Style LE last month from the same delivery bay
Thanks a lot! Yes it is the same branch and delivery bay. I think they have only one
BTW, did you face any issues in getting the car registered? Did you get it with a temp number or a permanent reg. number?
Old 14th August 2017, 16:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Yes it is the same branch and delivery bay. I think they have only one
BTW, did you face any issues in getting the car registered? Did you get it with a temp number or a permanent reg. number?
Well there was a huge delay from RTO, as there was confusion due to GST. I paid the amount in June and took delivery in first week of July, so I got the car with temporary registration, but I had the receipt of tax paid to RTO, and also insurance.
Which tires did you get as stock? Apollo or aby other?
Old 14th August 2017, 18:04   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Please advise what you are doing
I am still on my first tank full which was Shell V-Power Unleaded. I am planning to fill in regular Shell Unleaded fuel most of the times mixed with Shell V-Power once every 4-5 times.

Also, I just got a call from my dealer stating that the SD card with the navigation data has arrived at the showroom and he will be sending it to me on Wednesday.

Quote:
See you on the road gents!
Congratulations man! Glad you got the color you wanted so badly
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 18:16   #144
BHPian

A very detailed and thorough review! Thanks dZired.

Got to know from JMD & Autobahn Skoda in Mumbai that the Style Plus variant is being discontinued. It's now being replaced by the range topping L&K, which has a 9 speaker Canton System instead of the 8 speaker Bolero in Style Plus.
Of course, the L&K badging would also come in. All this comes at 30k extra.

Booked my 1.8 TSi L&K in Quartz Grey. Now, the wait till October to get her.

PS: Any Mumbai buyers who've been able to convince Skoda dealers to drop the Handling charges? They charge 15k in this head!
Old 16th August 2017, 10:55   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
A very detailed and thorough review! Thanks dZired.

Got to know from JMD & Autobahn Skoda in Mumbai that the Style Plus variant is being discontinued. It's now being replaced by the range topping L&K, which has a 9 speaker Canton System instead of the 8 speaker Bolero in Style Plus.
Of course, the L&K badging would also come in. All this comes at 30k extra.

Booked my 1.8 TSi L&K in Quartz Grey. Now, the wait till October to get her.

PS: Any Mumbai buyers who've been able to convince Skoda dealers to drop the Handling charges? They charge 15k in this head!
Congratulations,

we just took delivery of the 1.8 TSI style plus last week. And just can't get enough of it. Besides the 9 speaker canton and perforated leather seat (as we understand) with L&K badging is their anything else that's extra. Though love the badging.

Somehow I feel that the front seats can be a wee bit softer. Is it because it's new and the leather has not broken in or should We put softer seat covers. If a fellow BHPian can throw some light on it.
Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 11:04   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations,

we just took delivery of the 1.8 TSI style plus last week. And just can't get enough of it.
Thanks! Congratulations to you too. Which colour have you got? Pics please.

Quote:
Besides the 9 speaker canton and perforated leather seat (as we understand) with L&K badging is their anything else that's extra. Though love the badging.
I'm guessing it'll only be these 3 changes. Anything else is just bonus.
Just wish they gave the ambient lighting on the dashboard as well, like in the Superb L&K.

Quote:
Somehow I feel that the front seats can be a wee bit softer. Is it because it's new and the leather has not broken in or should We put softer seat covers. If a fellow BHPian can throw some light on it.

Thanks

The seats for most VW group cars are firm. For long drives, they offer much better comfort. Have felt this in all 3 VWs in our family.
My Honda City had softer leather seats, which felt good in the beginning but over long drives, they weren't too comfortable.
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Which tires did you get as stock? Apollo or aby other?
I got the goodyear ones. Might just change them into the Michelin. Jury is still out on that one. If anyone else in Pune is interested then we might just set up a group buy.
On a side note, anybody got any luck in logging on to the MySkoda app? I registered but can't get through at all!
Old 16th August 2017, 12:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I got the goodyear ones. Might just change them into the Michelin. Jury is still out on that one. If anyone else in Pune is interested then we might just set up a group buy.
On a side note, anybody got any luck in logging on to the MySkoda app? I registered but can't get through at all!
Aah about the group buy thing for tires.. I just bought my set of 4 Michelin XM2 last week from Lokmanya Tires. Had I known that you were also interested then we would have bought it together, I have bought the stock size though, yours would be wider than mine.
Yes, MyŠKODA App is working for me properly. The SA installed it on my iPhone and activated it during the car's delivery itself. But its still not showing the details of the Skoda Maintenance Package which I have opted.
Old 16th August 2017, 15:41   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am using MySkoda App on my Moto G3 Android. Excellent app - allows me to access my service history, I got all my service bills over last 7 years emailed to myself via the app!
Old 16th August 2017, 18:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
I've installed it and registered my car too.

Quote:
But its still not showing the details of the Skoda Maintenance Package which I have opted.
I have opted for the maintenance package too, dealer says it will take around a month to get activated.

Most Viewed