Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 22:15   #151
BHPian

Ron 95 fuel is the recommended fuel as per the brochure. This would limit its touring capabilities in a country like ours, where quality of fuel on the highways leave a lot to be desired.

Hopefully will survive on our regular petrol on the highways.

I guess this should be more of a second car then. A pity, given the practicality of the design, space, luggage carrying capacity and reasonable service cost compared to the big 3.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 02:23   #152
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

This car might actually be the first petrol car we buy in 10 years! I hope they don't mess with the price too much. The UK website shows the VRS cheaper than the L&K. So i hope it's 5L above the Style Plus 1.8 and not over the Top end Diesel.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 11:49   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Ron 95 fuel is the recommended fuel as per the brochure. This would limit its touring capabilities in a country like ours, where quality of fuel on the highways leave a lot to be desired.

I guess this should be more of a second car then. A pity, given the practicality of the design, space, luggage carrying capacity and reasonable service cost compared to the big 3.

This is where Skoda would have done well if they had also launched the diesel vRS (not that diesel quality is off the scales, but it widens its scope for touring, IMO.) I believe the diesel would have had more takers too. But I guess the diesel with AWD would have been out of reach for many, unfortunately.
Old 31st August 2017, 12:44   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post

It'll be just fine. If cars like C63s and M5s can do a tank or two on normal fuel (thought with reduced performance) then the vRS will definitely manage. Though yes, speed 97 or 99 for lucky people of Bangalore will be far better.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:17   #155
BHPian

Pricing at Rs. 25,12,750 ex showroom Mumbai. This works out to Rs. 29,79,217 on road individual Mumbai including Skoda shield and the accessories pack. Good pricing, looking forward to getting the car next week.
rtm_8055 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:54   #156
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
Pricing at Rs. 25,12,750 ex showroom Mumbai. This works out to Rs. 29,79,217 on road individual Mumbai including Skoda shield and the accessories pack. Good pricing, looking forward to getting the car next week.
If what you say is correct, the Octavia vRS will be the bargain of the century for Indian performance cars.

I just hope these prices are inclusive of the increased GST cess.

Can't wait to get my hands on one
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:59   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
If what you say is correct, the Octavia vRS will be the bargain of the century for Indian performance cars.

I just hope these prices are inclusive of the increased GST cess.

Can't wait to get my hands on one
The prices are correct, i have received the exact pricing with break up from the dealer. This however does not include the new 10% cess w.e.f 9th September, 2017.
rtm_8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 19:16   #158

Quote:
The prices are correct, i have received the exact pricing with break up from the dealer. This however does not include the new 10% cess w.e.f 9th September, 2017.
If this is the correct price, its gonna be an amazing buy. My choice of colour would most likely be Steel Grey, as it will almost give it a sleeper look.

Abt 10% cess- which price applies, day of booking or delivery date. Can we freeze the pre cess price by booking and paying now?
Old 31st August 2017, 19:55   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

First Octavia vRS for delivery reaches Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image2.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image6.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image1.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image4.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image5.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-image3.jpg

Pics credit T-BHPian unknownsatan's friend.

Last edited by theMAG : 31st August 2017 at 23:30. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 20:53   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First Octavia vRS for delivery reaches Mumbai.

Pics credit to my good friend Gautam.
These pics are taken by my friend in Bangalore. Vinayak Skoda. And not mumbai as your friend mentioned. I have shared the same in few groups from where your friend must have taken and sent you.

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 31st August 2017 at 21:19.
Unknownsatan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 21:26   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
These pics are taken by my friend in Bangalore. Vinayak Skoda. And not mumbai as your friend mentioned. I have shared the same in few groups from where your friend must have taken and sent you.
You can see the KA TC plates on the front windscreen.

The car looks really yum.
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 21:52   #162
BHPian

Booked a steel grey vRS today. Hopefully the prices are within 30L OTR. With an ex showroom of around 25L as mentioned in previous posts, we are looking at around 31 OTR in tamilnadu at current taxes. Hope skoda takes into account the 10% increase and prices it accordingly.

The car looks fab in white. Was torn between the race blue and steel grey. Finally, settled on the steel grey. Wish they include the all black grille and black ORVMs at least as an accessory. Waiting for the launch and first drive reports from the experts.

And a request to the team bhp moderators to post a first drive impression before the detailed review comes on board.

Happy motoring
differential is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 22:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
great sensible pricing. worth every penny, the upgrade over the 1.8 Tsi. Feel sorry for current owners with the top end who could have stretched to a much more reliable gearbox and an absolute peach of an engine.
d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 22:46   #164
BHPian

Great pricing. I do think Skoda should have also launched a AWD version just to take the game to the next level.

Is the current Octavia a notch-back like the good old days? I love the practicality of hatch/notchbacks

VW now move your bums and get the current gen Golf to India!!

Last edited by freedom : 31st August 2017 at 22:47.
Old 31st August 2017, 22:58   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
VW now move your bums and get the current gen Golf to India!!
The problem is Golf is available either in hatchback or in estate form and both of them do not sell in considerable numbers in India under sub 20 lacs category.

I wish VW should develop the Jetta sedan based on current Golf and bring it to India. I am not sure on which platform the next gen Jetta is currently being developed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks