Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 10:36   #271
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

The indore dealer mentioned a price of 28.3L OTR +40k for the 4 year maintenance pack.
At this price it's the best you can buy.
The only issue that might come up here is the availability of higher octane fuel. There's just 1 pump that keeps 97 octane and that too not always. Regular petrol or at best 91 is what you get in tier 2 cities.
Does it harm the engine to use lower octane petrol than what's recommended?
Old 5th September 2017, 10:56   #272
BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil on the purchase!

I spoke to the Vinayak dealer from Sadashivnagar yesterday, and their lies have totally given me second thoughts about buying the car. They claim that only 20 cars are being released per dealer nation-wide in some lame sales gimmick to get people to buy out their initial stock. If the moulds and toolings have been made in the Aurungabad plant for mass production, theres no way they are going to stop at 300 or whatever cars. Secondly, Mr Manjunath, the dodgy sales rep (yes typical car salesman), claims that there will never be a test drive car because "who can spend 30L on a TD vehicle". Hmmm Navnit spends 4 cr on a RR TD car buddy. Basically the feeling i got is that they are desperate to sell these cars and have been told to say whatever they need to do so.

That being said, Im still keen on checking out the car in the flesh and will do so this week. Worried about Nikhils observations on the suspension firmness, and the lack of perceived "oomph" on acceleration as this is what I love most about my 1.8 TSI. Also got a call from BMW saying that the 330i is now here and a TD should be available shortly. How would you guys weigh these options? Im pretty sure BMW will be offering good discounts to bring the car within 8-10L of the RS? Confused.
Old 5th September 2017, 11:03   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Mr Manjunath, the dodgy sales rep (yes typical car salesman), claims that there will never be a test drive car because "who can spend 30L on a TD vehicle". Hmmm Navnit spends 4 cr on a RR TD car buddy. Basically the feeling i got is that they are desperate to sell these cars and have been told to say whatever they need to do so.
Ditto. I spoke to Vinayak motors with the understanding that they carried a better reputation in Bangalore and I was so cheesed off with their attitude. I asked them if they expect people to pay 30L without even driving the car and they said people are "expected" to know about RS. Duh. I closed the call immediately. At least TAFE was upfront about getting a TD car only after a month.
Old 5th September 2017, 11:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

How would this compare to a 530D acceleration I wonder? I'm sure the 320d is no match and 328i is probably similar, but can this go up against the 6 bangers?

The VRS is slightly faster than the 320d but the 530d and 328i are a whole second faster than the VRS to the ton.
I actually expected better 0-100 times from a 230hp car..
Old 5th September 2017, 11:23   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Congratulations Nikhil on the purchase!

I spoke to the Vinayak dealer from Sadashivnagar yesterday, and their lies have totally given me second thoughts about buying the car. They claim that only 20 cars are being released per dealer nation-wide in some lame sales gimmick to get people to buy out their initial stock. If the moulds and toolings have been made in the Aurungabad plant for mass production, theres no way they are going to stop at 300 or whatever cars. Secondly, Mr Manjunath, the dodgy sales rep (yes typical car salesman), claims that there will never be a test drive car because "who can spend 30L on a TD vehicle". Hmmm Navnit spends 4 cr on a RR TD car buddy. Basically the feeling i got is that they are desperate to sell these cars and have been told to say whatever they need to do so.

That being said, Im still keen on checking out the car in the flesh and will do so this week. Worried about Nikhils observations on the suspension firmness, and the lack of perceived "oomph" on acceleration as this is what I love most about my 1.8 TSI. Also got a call from BMW saying that the 330i is now here and a TD should be available shortly. How would you guys weigh these options? Im pretty sure BMW will be offering good discounts to bring the car within 8-10L of the RS? Confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Ditto. I spoke to Vinayak motors with the understanding that they carried a better reputation in Bangalore and I was so cheesed off with their attitude. I asked them if they expect people to pay 30L without even driving the car and they said people are "expected" to know about RS. Duh. I closed the call immediately. At least TAFE was upfront about getting a TD car only after a month.

I would suggest you contact my sales rep, Reji James of TAFE. His number is +91 77609 62495

I quite enjoyed dealing with him. Very upfront and no sales gimmicks. He appreciated the fact that I am a person who knows what I want and that I would have done my reasearch well. So, he didnt try to use too many selling tactics with me.

I think you guys should give him a call and see if he is able to help you out. Of course, if there's no TD car, then he can help you only up to a point.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2017 at 08:28. Reason: Avoid quoting emoticons while quoting posts. Thanks
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:39   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
The VRS is slightly faster than the 320d but the 530d and 328i are a whole second faster than the VRS to the ton.
I actually expected better 0-100 times from a 230hp car..
Don't take those numbers very seriously. They are different as vRS has the old DQ250 transmission that lacks launch control which the sport transmissions of the 328i and 530d possess.

If you don't use launch control, acceleration will be similar and in gear acceleration will pretty much be at par!
Old 5th September 2017, 12:46   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Don't take those numbers very seriously. They are different as vRS has the old DQ250 transmission that lacks launch control which the sport transmissions of the 328i and 530d possess.

If you don't use launch control, acceleration will be similar and in gear acceleration will pretty much be at par!
The vRS comes wiht launch control I believe. I'm not sure. I have no plans of using it anyway!
Old 5th September 2017, 13:08   #278
Senior - BHPian

I won't believe that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I have no plans of using it anyway!
Congratulations Nikhil, you got 2 mighty monsters in your garage now. I hope the vRS will soon make a trip to Chennai (or it did already?)

Can't wait to see it and hopefully steal a drive in it

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2017 at 08:28. Reason: Avoid quoting emoticons while quoting posts. Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:40   #279

The RS does have launch control, very efficient in its execution, no wheel spin, no chirping.
0 to 100 felt very quick.
Old 5th September 2017, 13:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vRS comes wiht launch control I believe. I'm not sure. I have no plans of using it anyway!
Oh I thought with the facelift it was moved to only the 245 model. Try and see if it runs. It's a feature not a bug . Try and use it!

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2017 at 08:27. Reason: Avoid quoting emoticons while quoting posts. Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 16:45   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil, I was so caught up drooling over your car that I completely forgot to wish you
Congrats on the beast and wish you many many happy miles! Waiting for a detailed report.
And yes, your car comes with Launch control

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2017 at 08:27. Reason: Avoid quoting emoticons while replying. Thanks
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 16:45   #282
BHPian

Hi Forum,
Just spoke to my dealer.
The red, blue and steel grey colors are out of stock and now available only in December. The white cars are available.
They clearly underestimated the enthusiastic clan of petrol heads.
Glad my car is already in the dealership.
Best Regards,
Harsh.
HarshD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 19:14   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup. Red and blue are both totally sold out. Grey might be available at Aurangabad, white definitely.

Next lot of kits expected for delivery in Dec or Jan.
Old 5th September 2017, 19:48   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre swap is not confirmed. Want to put the Hankook through it's paces and see how it behaves.
From personal experience, those flagship Hankook performance summer tyres (S1 evo 2 / K117) are pretty good, especially in the wet. Later models from other brands, like Michelin PS4 would provide marginal improvement (w.r.t grip levels, noise/comfort was not part of my purchase decision), but not worthy as a replacement of these Hankook tyres provided as stock. While shopping between models for a new set, Michelin PS4 any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The ckd cars probably have the same rough road suspension made in India by the same oem(Gabriel? Not sure) that makes the polo/vento suspension. This might be poorer quality than the European suspension made by Sachs.
CKD cars with rough road package use the same suspension bits as intended for EU cars that are specified with the same (Rough road package is a factory extra option for most Skoda models in EU). I believe that for India they select different spring/damper combo from the extensive parts bin of various VAG cars on the same platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
The low profile tyres and altered suspension on the VRS actually reduce high speed stability along with lower traction levels and a bad ride. This has been the bane of the earlier two vRS's too where the regular Octavia had better high speed stability, traction and ride - in short better road manners than the VRS.
Are you referring to the choice of 225/40 R18 (stock on mk3 vRS) vs 225/45 R17, or 225/45 R17 (mk3 vRS in India) vs 225/50 R16 (possible size in mk3 Octavia)? I am assuming to stick within 2% overall dia change.

In EU, for VAG cars sharing platform with Octavia mk2/mk3 that I could drive, I have felt that 225/45 R17 was the perfect balance. I am skeptical for their sidewalls in India though. 225/50 R16 (a fast disappearing size) is a pretty good choice for mk3/mk2 cars in India, but 16" won't clear the vRS brakes.

Last edited by avinash_clt : 5th September 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Added info
Old 5th September 2017, 20:10   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
From personal experience, those flagship Hankook performance summer tyres (S1 evo 2 / K117) are pretty good, especially in the wet. Later models from other brands, like Michelin PS4 would provide marginal improvement (w.r.t grip levels, noise/comfort was not part of my purchase decision), but not worthy as a replacement of these Hankook tyres provided as stock.
I don't know about the S1's but my Hankooks Ventus Evo 2's (summer tyre) have been well worth the money in the 3+ years that I have had them, and I changed them within the first couple of days after taking delivery of my T-Jet . The positives; Much better grip, better brake feel, much much quieter than the Goodyears, and touch wood, no punctures so far. What more could one ask for when they were significantly cheaper than Michelins or Conti's of similar size.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks