Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 23:12   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Surprising that the so far highest ever in the whole Karnataka is only Rs 10 Lakhs.

Quote:
Record bid: Fancy number ‘0001’ fetches Rs 10 lakh in Karnataka.

BENGALURU: A fancy registration number (KA-01 MV-0001) has fetched Rs.10 Lakh - the highest ever in the history of Karnataka.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst

Last edited by balenoed_ : 21st October 2020 at 23:14.
Old 19th November 2020, 13:25   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently I have seen an S Presso with a VIP/fancy number in KA and such number costs a minimum of Rs 75K. Have seen few other cars that I normally wouldn't expect to see with a fancy number. Wouldn't it make sense to use that money towards the purchase of a higher variant, etc.? Or do people with connections in RTO can get these numbers without paying market price?
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 14:56   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
... do people with connections in RTO can get these numbers without paying market price?
I think much more than connections, it's about timing & fair bit of luck nowadays. For example, if you are going to get a car and a new series of numbers has just opened for registration at the RTO, you might be lucky enough to get a single digit at the bare minimum, which is Rs. 7500, I think, now.

Certain fancy numbers (in Kerala, these are 123, 1234, 500, etc.) are often reserved by the RTO themselves to be registered at a higher cost, like 10k to 50k, depending on how they value it and certain other factors, while certain others (like 1, 2, 77, 777, etc.) are kept for auction only.

Now if you are lucky to reach in the beginning (here, connections might help, indeed), you might just be able to get 11 for Rs. 7500... now is that fancy enough? Maybe...
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 14:29   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Recently I have seen an S Presso with a VIP/fancy number in KA and such number costs a minimum of Rs 75K. Have seen few other cars that I normally wouldn't expect to see with a fancy number. Wouldn't it make sense to use that money towards the purchase of a higher variant, etc.? Or do people with connections in RTO can get these numbers without paying market price?
What kind of fancy are you talking about?
For very old CH/PB numbers (three letters + single digit) the prices start at a couple of lakhs and end without a ceiling. I know someone with a 9L number on a 6L car..
People have different interests but this is one which is considered a status symbol by many and is also a great form of investment with immense returns in a couple of years.

Check this out - 18L number on 80K scooter

Hence, the vehicle serves the required purpose along with earning big bucks.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 21st November 2020 at 14:32.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 16:13   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Surprising that the so far highest ever in the whole Karnataka is only Rs 10 Lakhs.
10 lakhs will be like change for the owner since the car in question is a Maybach S650.

Last edited by tharian : 21st November 2020 at 16:15.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 11:00   #666
BHPian

Any idea on what is the charge for a desired number, NOT a fancy VIP number in the current series in Chennai RTO. My BIL is getting his S Cross next week and we are trying to get a no of choice.
Old 5th February 2021, 22:27   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Any idea on what is the charge for a desired number, NOT a fancy VIP number in the current series in Chennai RTO. My BIL is getting his S Cross next week and we are trying to get a no of choice.
40k for any number of your choice except for reserved numbers(Check with RTO). There are agents who charge around 3-5k on top of 40k.

You're lucky to be in Chennai because all the other district folks needs to visit Chennai for reserving the number of their choice.

I approached the agent which my friend suggested, Here is the process I went through,
  1. Provided the vehicle porforma invoice
  2. Filled the forms with 4 choice of numbers in order of preference
  3. Not sure if he visited chennai or got some help from folks in chennai RTO, he reserved the number that I asked for
  4. He sent me the confirmation papers and I got a SMS as well,
  5. I submitted the papers to my dealer where they submitted other documents along with the reservation confirmation for the number during the RTO check for new vehicles.
  6. Car is registered in Coimbatore RTO and got it delivered.

This all happened in less than 12 days considering it was during saraswathi pooja season

Costed me 45k for the number of my choice. Say the current running series is TN 37 DJ XXXX, You can request any number in TN 37 DJ XXXX series, TN 37 DK XXXX, TN 37 DL XXXX series and will cost you 40k + agent fees. If you want number in the next three series, DM, DN, DO, it will be 75k(not sure) + agent fees

The best way is to ask for the dealer or friend who will suggest trustable agents.
gasinveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 07:16   #668
BHPian

Found a Hyundai Veloster in Halifax with this number ADIYOGI
Attached Thumbnails
VIP Car numbers-58f2673361ef4318af2d933acd72d8ab.jpeg  

Bhalla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 09:53   #669
BHPian

Quote:
In all likelihood, it must be the beater car for the driver (of a VIP household) alone. Happens quite often I have noticed. All cars in a given household to have same no. irrespective of the make/brand/year etc.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 14:57   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
16000 rupees for cars if selecting in running series.
Old 17th April 2021, 17:00   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
In all likelihood, it must be the beater car for the driver (of a VIP household) alone. Happens quite often I have noticed. All cars in a given household to have same no. irrespective of the make/brand/year etc.
I am no VIP but got my custom number 3 years ago. About double the price of Indian number. I get to keep it for only 10 years. After that I need to pay again.
Old 29th May 2021, 03:32   #672
BHPian

Jeep Compass with registration number 786 here in Nova Scotia
Attached Thumbnails
VIP Car numbers-054d985e422e4f0f93a4206d521d9d2c.jpeg  

Old 10th June 2021, 15:23   #673
BHPian

Hello,

Can someone share the cost for selecting a number from the running series. When I look around different RTOs of Bangalore seem there is a very rich choice of numbers in running series.

On fancy numbers what is the process and costing.

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2021, 15:51   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
On fancy numbers what is the process and costing.
I don't know all the details but when a new series opens up, you (or your agent) will have to participate in a bidding with Rs 75K base payment and Rs 1K minimum bid. It means you will pay a minimum of Rs 76K (plus any agent fees) to get a fancy number.

I am not sure but there is a lower category of special numbers that cost Rs 25K. All these are official fees to be paid by DD to RTO.

And then there are some free numbers (as per the rules) but still sold at some unofficial premium of Rs 5K or so.

The only process I know when it comes to Govt offices is to work with a 'professional' :-)
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 15:56   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure but there is a lower category of special numbers that cost Rs 25K. All these are official fees to be paid by DD to RTO.

And then there are some free numbers (as per the rules) but still sold at some unofficial premium of Rs 5K or so.

The only process I know when it comes to Govt offices is to work with a 'professional' :-)
In Bangalore these are pretty much the rates. You can get a number within 200-300 range by paying 4K which is unofficial. If in range and registering in RTO like say KA03, you can get temp registration done by paying around 2K, keep polling for numbers you like and then register when desired number has approached. In a month, numbers can move up y 2-3K.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks