Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 16:05   #676
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Thank you Androdev and PrideRed.

For example on https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...lNumbers.xhtml

By selecting different RTOs there are many numbers shown as available under running series (green). Would they fall under the unofficial rate or 25k rate?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 17th December 2021, 00:38   #677
BHPian

Since Maharashtra still hasn't signed up for providing the number booking facility on the Parivahan website, we have to physically visit the RTO for choice number booking. Was told by the RTO officer today that the process has been initiated and Maharashtra will be available on the Parivahan portal by early next year.

Bureaucratic lethargy is legendary! At a time when even small States/UTs like Jharkhand, Ladakh etc are registered on the Parivahan portal, a big state like Maharashtra not providing this facility to it's citizens surely is a travesty!
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 16:34   #678
BHPian

does anyone know if 1xxx series numbers are available for unofficial purchase ? im not able to get 1347, but i can get 7431.

im trying to get one for delhi
Old 6th January 2022, 12:06   #679
BHPian

Will delhi 0111 considered VIP ?
Old 6th January 2022, 14:17   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Yes, it is a VIP / premium number.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:27   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
does anyone know if 1xxx series numbers are available for unofficial purchase ? im not able to get 1347, but i can get 7431.

im trying to get one for delhi
You can get any number which is not part of auction/vip list for 25k by paying online on vahan website. 1347 will definitely not be in auction list and should be available for 25k.
Maybe it is sold out in the RTO you are looking at. However, a RTO agent in Delhi told me that you can take choice number in any RTO in Delhi irrespective of your address.
In MH you need to get the vip number only as per the RTO of your area.
For example if you live in Mumbai South Mumbai area that has MH 01 address then you must buy vip number from that and not MH 02 or 03 etc. Where as in Delhi if you live in South Delhi which is DL3 RTO code and your choice number isn't there you can take DL1 or DL2 etc and register your car with south Delhi address.

Quote:
This number will be part of the auction. Now that all HSRP plates are 4 digit you might want to consider 1110 instead of 0111. The former will easily be available for 25k on the vahan website without auction.
I recently did the samething, wanted 0555 which was in auction list hence went for 5550 instead.

Last edited by Sahil : 6th January 2022 at 15:54.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 20:03   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I paid only about 4 grand for the 8877 on my Mercedes. 4.7 lakhs is ridiculous, and foolish!

Nice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yes, it is a VIP / premium number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
You can get any number which is not part of auction/vip list for 25k by paying online on vahan website. 1347 will definitely not be in auction list and should be available for 25k.
Maybe it is sold out in the RTO you are looking at. However, a RTO agent in Delhi told me that you can take choice number in any RTO in Delhi irrespective of your address.

This number will be part of the auction. Now that all HSRP plates are 4 digit you might want to consider 1110 instead of 0111. The former will easily be available for 25k on the vahan website without auction.
I recently did the samething, wanted 0555 which was in auction list hence went for 5550 instead.
I already have this number i.e. 0111 on my diesel car which will complete 10 years in the coming July, 22. Is there a way that I can sell this number ? Car will be sold in different state anyway.
Metallicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 21:57   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I already have this number i.e. 0111 on my diesel car which will complete 10 years in the coming July, 22. Is there a way that I can sell this number ? Car will be sold in different state anyway.
Yes I think you can. You could fetch close to a lakh for it perhaps since delhi allows numbers to be passed on from Vehicle to vehicle.

Someone in delhi did mention to me that they got a lakh more for their car resale because the car dealer said he could sell the number.

Best to probably get hold of a RTO agent or used car dealer to explore this.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 14:51   #684
BHPian

Does anyone know the process to get a registration number of choice in Kolkata, for a 2-wheeler? Couldn't find much information on this online.
Old 8th February 2022, 16:52   #685
BHPian

Any idea what is the process for getting choice number in Gurgaon - Badshapur - HR98.
On the mparivahan site, HR98 isnt showing up on the page where you select RTO to check fancy number availability.

I am not really looking for a VIP number, but number like 1100, 7770 etc.
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:44   #686
BHPian

When taking a VIP or Fancy number, one should also check alphabets of the series, otherwise you may end up with a number like this. LOL

VIP Car numbers-b0085-bhp.jpg
DarkerThanBlack is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 15:31   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
When taking a VIP or Fancy number, one should also check alphabets of the series, otherwise you may end up with a number like this. LOL

Attachment 2323975
Maybe this was intentional

Reminds of the DL1S EX series fiasco!
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 00:13   #688
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any idea if there's a time limit within which you need to get the car registered from date of booking a fancy number of your choice? I tried finding this info on the vahan.parivahan site, but no luck. Thanks!
Old 17th July 2022, 01:35   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
Hi Guys,

Any idea if there's a time limit within which you need to get the car registered from date of booking a fancy number of your choice? I tried finding this info on the vahan.parivahan site, but no luck. Thanks!
3 months is the period within which the number bought is to be registered against your new vehicle.

Further, you’ve to keep the vehicle for 3 years in order to retain the number during the disposal (resale) of your vehicle. The same number can be transferred to your new purchase.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 09:41   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
3 months is the period within which the number bought is to be registered against your new vehicle.
Further, you’ve to keep the vehicle for 3 years in order to retain the number during the disposal (resale) of your vehicle. The same number can be transferred to your new purchase.
Number portability is allowed only in very few states like Delhi, Haryana, Punjab etc..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks