Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 23:02   #571
BHPian

Can someone help me with the new rates for VIP numbers in mumbai. The rates which I found on website like old rates.
Old 6th September 2013, 00:05   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone help me with the new rates for VIP numbers in mumbai. The rates which I found on website like old rates.
What kind of number are you looking at plain choice fancy or single digit
Old 7th September 2013, 07:23   #573
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
What kind of number are you looking at plain choice fancy or single digit
I'm not looking for single digit but some good number like 7000 or 7007 , something like this.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:04   #574
BHPian

Can someone put some light on the current Delhi rates & procedure for a VIP number.

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:13   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm not looking for single digit but some good number like 7000 or 7007 , something like this.
7000: If from same series 25+5 if jumping series 75+5
7007: if from same series 15+5 if jumping series 45+5
Hope that helps. Btw visit the RTO office and check for availability .number once booked is valid only for 30 days so be confirmed about date of delivery and then book
Old 7th September 2013, 14:03   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Can someone put some light on the current Delhi rates & procedure for a VIP number.

Thanks.
There are no official rates for VIP/fancy numbers in Delhi as of now, though they are planning to start auctioning.
The VIP numbers are only issued to MP/MLAs on request at their letter heads or to the senior bureaucrats of the Delhi Govt.
Your best bet would be to use some political connection, with the elections approaching in Delhi in 2014, your local councilor/MLA might oblige by issuing a letter for you.
Else there are many a brokers out there who can get you the same with a "convenience" charge. You may contact the car dealership/ Civil lines regional transport authority (FYI Civil lines authority is solely authorized to issue/maintain records of VIP numbers now). You may find a few brokers/dalals there who can help you out (illegally).

Regards
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:32   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post

There are no official rates for VIP/fancy numbers in Delhi as of now, though they are planning to start auctioning.
The VIP numbers are only issued to MP/MLAs on request at their letter heads or to the senior bureaucrats of the Delhi Govt.
Your best bet would be to use some political connection, with the elections approaching in Delhi in 2014, your local councilor/MLA might oblige by issuing a letter for you.
Else there are many a brokers out there who can get you the same with a "convenience" charge. You may contact the car dealership/ Civil lines regional transport authority (FYI Civil lines authority is solely authorized to issue/maintain records of VIP numbers now). You may find a few brokers/dalals there who can help you out (illegally).

Regards
Thanks a lot for such a quick & detailed response

So basically if one has a letter from a senior person in some ministry or from a MLA/MP one would not have to pay anything ?

Just for an idea, how much would number like 2700/0027 or 2727 cost if taken from a broker ?
Old 7th September 2013, 17:26   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Thanks a lot for such a quick & detailed response

So basically if one has a letter from a senior person in some ministry or from a MLA/MP one would not have to pay anything ?

Just for an idea, how much would number like 2700/0027 or 2727 cost if taken from a broker ?
The best person to ask would be the car showroom sales executive. Every car dealer have his own contacts/brokers for registration of new vehicles. The car dealers get many such requests of number totaling to x, y or z or a VIP number or a triplet or palindrome.
The number like 2700 or 2727 wont qualify to be defined as V.I.P number and should be available at every registering authority. You may have to shell out a couple of thousands. Or you may need not shell out anything at all. Yes, depending on the mood of the computer operator, he can easily move the series by +/- 100-200, so in case the allotted number as per regular series is say 2693, the operator can easily shift it to 2727.
As for true V.I.P number viz. a single digit, two digit or number like 786, only Rajpur Road authority can issue that. If you could arrange a letter from an MP/MLA or a senior govt official, you can have it for free. Otherwise, only way out is through a broker who may forge a letter or be hand in hand with a minister's OSD or PA to get the work done.
Another way out could be to look out for an old car with a V.I.P number viz. DDD 0027 kind and pay a premium amount to the owner to buy the car with the number. On papers, you need at least three year ownership of such old vehicle before you get entitlement to transfer it to a new unregistered vehicle. But I know someone who bought an old fiat and got the number transferred on his new ML 250 on the very same day. This entirely depends on the strictness level prevailing at that moment in the authority (no one in the authority would entertain you with such work after a recent sting was carried by a news channel on malpractices in the authority).
So, depending upon the kind of "urge" you have for the number, you may try your luck. Best would be to settle for a number like 2700 or 2727 FOC after requesting your car dealer, this may require some waiting and patience from your end. I, for one discourage the help of corrupt people and their malpractices.

Regards
Old 7th September 2013, 19:38   #579
BHPian

With all due respect to dad.....he had a Labretta scooter in late 80's and the number was '420'. He laughingly tells people started calling him '420' in his circle, work place and in our society, which made him sell it earlier than he would have...
gaurav_diavolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 10:28   #580
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get a car registered under a RTO, which does not belong to your jurisdiction.

For Example, If the RTO according to my residential address is TN01 but I want my car to be registered in TN09 RTO, is it possible?

Any work around possible? My favourite series is not available in the RTO to which my residence belongs :(
Old 28th September 2013, 10:36   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is it possible to get a car registered under a RTO, which does not belong to your jurisdiction.

For Example, If the RTO according to my residential address is TN01 but I want my car to be registered in TN09 RTO, is it possible?

Any work around possible? My favourite series is not available in the RTO to which my residence belongs :(
Nope. You address proof will determine which series you get. I do not think there is any work around this unless you have an address in TN09 or take an illegal route which is highly unrecommended.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 10:46   #582
Senior - BHPian

I get that, Sahil!

Any idea if it is possible to jump like 8 or 9 series ahead of the current running series?

If TN XX E 0001 is the current series, is it possible to get a number in the TN XX AA XXXX series?

Any restrictions on the maximum number of series one can jump?

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th September 2013 at 11:00.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:09   #583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Any restrictions on the maximum number of series one can jump?
The only restriction is how much you are willing to pay
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 11:44   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The only restriction is how much you are willing to pay
Stole the words out of my keyboard

There is however some restriction depending on the RTO officer on how much you can skip ahead. I faced this problem when i got assigned a number in the xx xx AJ xxxx series and I wanted xx xx RS 5. The officer said its too much of a jump for them to do at that time.
I am sure with some under the table greasing and nagging they would have agreed but I didn't bother too much as I settled for AJ-1234 instead with official receipt.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:51   #585
Senior - BHPian

Recession hits RTOs too!

Quote:
The Nashik Regional Transport Office saw no takers for choice numbers with higher fees, while those with fees of less than 50,000 got a satisfactory response on Friday.

The RTO launched a new series of registration numbers, MH-15-EB, for four-wheelers on Friday with the booking for the fancy numbers kept open from 11 am to 2.30 pm.
-
-
-
The officials added that there were four applications each for numbers 1008 and 909, three applications for numbers 9009, 15, 21 and 101. However, there were no takers for number 1, 9, 99, 999, 9999 and 786. These numbers had a higher fee than the others, Mandora said. While the fee for number 1 is Rs 4 lakh, the numbers 9, 99, 999, 9999 and 786 carry a fee of Rs 1.5 lakh.
Read full article: http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...numbers-takers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks