Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 13:02   #601
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

This Chandigarh man is really crazy for VIP numbers. He paid 8 lac for his Activa scooter

Quote:
Can you pay Rs 8 lakh for a Rs 50,000 scooter? Well, a Chandigarh based businessman Kanwaljit Walia has achieved the same!

Walia, who is into the catering business in the city, made the highest bid for the number CH01BC 0001 for his newly bought Activa scooter.

The trend of buying VIP numbers has increased in the past few years. Especially '0001' is much sought after and people are ready to pay anything between Rs. 70,000 and Rs. 10 lakh for such a number.

Before the record was with a farmer-turned-realtor, NS Shergill, in 2010.

Walia also spent another Rs. 2.6 lakh buying the number CH01BC 0011 for his son's new bike and the number CH01BC 0026 for his third SUV.

The other two SUVs of the family has fancy numbers too. But this is the first they have spent so much for a scooter.

According to Walia, “I have inherited the passion from my father who also had two VIP numbers.”

The licensing authority in the city has earned Rs. 77.71 lakh this year which is slightly low in comparison to last year when they earned a whooping Rs 98.7 following the launch of the CH-01-AX series.
Source: http://www.newsnation.in/article/783...p-numbers.html
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 23:14   #602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
This Chandigarh man is really crazy for VIP numbers. He paid 8 lac for his Activa scooter

Source: http://www.newsnation.in/article/783...p-numbers.html
Indeed one of my friend's aunt has such a mania to get a special number for her scooter. Finally she made it getting the number TN XX D 1 by paying 50k for an Activa.
Old 11th June 2015, 01:31   #603
BHPian

I have a swift dzire registered in Noida and the number is 0123. Now, I need to buy another car and will be selling the dzire off. Can I get the number re-registered on the new car if I purchase the same in noida? Are UP numbers transferable between vehicles?
Old 11th June 2015, 02:11   #604

Even I had this doubt in mind that whether the number plate can be used on another vehicle that we own. Especially after moving to Doha where it works and is quite simple. Talking about numbers here is like enjoying the firecrackers of Diwali.

Though I don't own a big mouth for these vanity numbers, it's apparently a good future investment as long as these rich folks who will fall for them are alive and will get you jaw dropping profits; especially when the license plates themselves are transferable.

This is the reason why the T-Fort stood #1 and the Swift at #2 back home.
Old 17th June 2015, 02:15   #605

Hi,

I would like to inquire on transferring of Old ViP number to my other car. in our garage
my Dad has a Old Ambassador car with Punjab ViP registration which he hasn't used since quite sometime, maybe 30 years or more and had not been renewed on Road tax and stuff.

Now that i wish to get this number, can i transfer it to any other car or only new car?
Plus how should i go about it and where to start as even the RC of the said car is lost.

Appreciate you guidance.

Regards & Cheers,
H@rry
Old 15th August 2015, 10:02   #606

At last got my choice of registration number at ARTO, Kashipur in Uttarakhand. After my last three vehicles having regn numbers - AS116969, AS01AD-0003, and AS01-AK-0056, I wanted to get a vehicle number to go aligned with my penta-one mobile. The full rate chart of fancy number in Uttarakhand is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
VIP Car numbers-new-car-number.jpg  

VIP Car numbers-rates_of_fancy_numbers-uttarakhand.jpg  

drbahar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 17:34   #607
BHPian

Apparently, the fees to choose "any" (Non VIP/Fancy) number in Gurgaon has been increased from 10,000 to 20,000. This does not include the already blocked numbers which have a price tag attached to them and is the cost if you want to "choose" even a normal, non fancy number

Earlier one could choose from the available numbers in the series by paying 10,000 but the cost has been revised only yesterday according to a dealer in Gurgaon
Old 30th August 2016, 19:08   #608

VIP Registration in Delhi

Hello friends,

I'm trying to get a non-fancy (1260) VIP number in Delhi for my new car, but apparently you need an SBI account to pay the online 1,000 registration fees prior to the auction, and I don't have an account with SBI nor do I know anyone else who does.

Has anybody gone through the process before, and if so, can you please walk me through it? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 16:38   #609
BHPian

Not in India:

Indian Buys $9 Million Dubai License Plate for Rolls Royce

Quote:
Indian businessman Balwinder Sahani paid 33 million dirhams ($9 million) for a Dubai license plate for one of his Rolls Royces.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...or-rolls-royce

That's about 60 crore INR number plate for a Rolls Royce worth probably about a tenth.
darklord is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 09:01   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post

That's about 60 crore INR number plate for a Rolls Royce worth probably about a tenth.
What insanity! The number in question is "D5". How boring. As vanity plates go he could have done a whole lot better.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 09:40   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What insanity! The number in question is "D5". How boring. As vanity plates go he could have done a whole lot better.
The registration number is actually "5".

D is just the code, like AC in MH 02 AC 5479.

A single digit number is highly regarded here in Dubai. Only the richest and the most exclusive get those numbers and hence there is an auction for it.

Normal mango people like us have 5 digit numbers (mine is 75537). People who pay for personalized numbers get 4 digit number plates. People who are more connected and rich get 3 digit numbers. 2 digit numbers belong to the elite class.

So now you can imagine the value of a single digit number "5"!

Anyways, I heard this guy's interview on radio and he says that this is a way of paying back to the country which has given him so much...
raj_5004 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 10:49   #612

Quote:
In the UAE, Single digit numbers are reserved only for the royalty. Dubai 1,2,3,4 are used by HH Shk. Mohd's family. Hence, the number 5, being purchased by an Expat carries a lot of significance.

But yes, it is insane. Anything is possible in Dubai!
CivicheadUAE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:21   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicheadUAE View Post
In the UAE, Single digit numbers are reserved only for the royalty.
Not true at all. There are many non-royals who own Single-Digit plates. For e.g A 3 owned by the CEO of Mashreq Bank.

On another note, the plate has been spotted and looks quite good on a white Phantom!
Attached Thumbnails
VIP Car numbers-whatsapp-image-20161010-7.24.16-pm.jpeg  

Abudhabicars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 12:03   #614
BHPian

Last year Balwinder Sahani bought the vehicle number plate "O9" for 25 million Dirhams.

With his prized possessions.

VIP Car numbers-img20161011wa0025.jpg

Was forwarded in a whatsapp chat group (not by him ).
Spinnerr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 16:51   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Quote:
Heights of not knowing what to do with one's money! The RTO (or whatever department that deals with vehicle registration in Dubai) will be happy with folks like these! Will fill up their coffers nicely!

Most Viewed