Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 13:08   #496
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Has anyone having experience, how to inquire with R.T.O. for number availability in old registration (talking about three alphabet series) series? There should be a huge availability of these numbers because more than 25 year old vehicle have gone scrape now and same was informed to R.T.O. in paper by their owners.
Old 11th August 2012, 18:28   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajdan View Post
Thanks pinnacle for the excellent experience report. I was following your other thread about retaining your old number for a newer car and was disappointed to know that it has been stopped in Maharashtra.

However, one added question. If I buy a pre-owned mumbai registered car, can i reregister it for a new number of my choice? Also, what would be the charges for the same?

e.g. used car MH-01-XX-XXXX can i reregister it again as MH-01-ZZ-ZZZZ.
Hi Neeraj,
as per my info with the Maharashtra RTO's, you cannot change the registration number of any vehicle in its lifetime
In case of number potability, it could have been a possibility, but not now
So we are struck with what numbers you get
By the way, i checked again with my RTO agent, and he informs me that the number 7777 is nowadays most sought after as per numerology as the total adds to one and this is the only XXXX where the total is ONE which is considered the most powerful number in the universe and seems there are no dearth of car owners who would pay Rs. 1,50,000 in Mumbai to get that 7777 from other series

I personally like that number, so gonna keep the Santro for my Junior and retain 7777 as well
pinnacle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 10:18   #498
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
In AP, the top categories are:

1, 9, 999, 9999 - 50k
99, 333, 555, 666, 777,888,2222,3333, 4444 , 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888 - 30k
123, 222, 369, 444, 567,786,1111, 1116, 3366, 3456, 4455 - 20k
3, 5, 6. 7, 111, 234, 306, 405, 789, 818, 909, 1188,1234, 1314, 1818, 1899, 2277, 2772, 2345, 2727, 2799, 3636, 3663, 3699, 4545, 4554, 4567, 4599, 5678, 6336, 6633, 6789, 7227, 7722, 8118, 8811, 9009, 9099 - 10k

Auction will be held if there is more than one applicant for any of the above numbers.

Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA
Is there any specific definition of VIP or Fancy Number for Cars or phones, etc whatever it might be.

I think - no.

But we see numbers like 0001, 0002 ...; 1111, 2222 ...; 1000, 2000 ..., to be the Phone No. of important persons of Admn, Top Boss, Emegency services which we require to contact with them which helps also to dial manually recalling from our memory (specially in case of emergency).

Important person's CAR No. is also like this, I think it was not so important matter/subject in earlier days - as of now.

VIP number is very limited (as mentioned above), and other desired number may be termed properly as FANCY No.

Though there is no hard and fast rule or definition to that. PVD's aslo do not declare a uniform list - it differs. I think these Nos are easy to recall - as it is kept saved in our memory.

IMOH, a definition of it in general may be like this:

The digits indipendenly or in combination of two have a partcular relationship to other digit or combination of digits in the number - which can be remebered easily instantly and the time taken for such process indicates the proximity of VIP/FANCY Number.

And demand or importance of it depends on intensity of such proximity.

My question:

Whether repetation of number, serial number only can be the criteria of Fancy No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
i wanted a number repeating with 77 in end or with double number repeating like 4477, 3377 etc. But in Karnataka out of series number costs 25K if i am not wrong. all the number ending with 77 were already booked in current series. So dealer did some arrangements internally and got me 3733 which adds up to 3+7+3+3 = 16 = 1+6 = 7

So i have two 7 in the number making me feel i have VIP number
Whether a repetition is must in FANCY No.

The number 6231 (62 is double of 31). Should it be considered as a FANCY number?

Note from Support:
Please use a spell checker before posting.
There are multiple spelling mistakes in your post.
Thanks,
Support Team

Last edited by bblost : 13th August 2012 at 15:53.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:51   #499

I have just booked a Swift ZDi and want to get a number 9X9X for it, similar to my bike. For the bike i got this number for free. Now my dealer tells me that I have to go to RTO near Tis Hazari to block the number as the series he has currently reads 0753 and so on...

Can anyone tell me if this can be done at other RTOs too such as Sheikh Sarai? Also is there a time limit from the day the number is blocked till the time it should be registered?

If anyone knows a good reasonable broker who can get this done for me, please pass on the details.

Where exactly is the RTO near Tis Hazari?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Old 7th November 2012, 15:34   #500
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has already been discussed. Off late I’ve been seeing some cars sporting registration plates out of the normal registration series, eg. DEL 5, DEL 7 etc.

Is this a new thing? Something like European plates which you can retain even after you sell the particular vehicle?
Old 8th November 2012, 17:03   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Not sure if this has already been discussed. Off late I’ve been seeing some cars sporting registration plates out of the normal registration series, eg. DEL 5, DEL 7 etc.

Is this a new thing? Something like European plates which you can retain even after you sell the particular vehicle?
These are the real VIP numbers. In that era 1 to 9 number were always reserved for VIPs and only can got from recommendation of ministers or some big shots.
Now there are certain rules & regulation to transfer the number from old vehicle to new vehicle.
It is not a new thing. In my city it is the latest trend to show the influence.
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:23   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher

Are you seeing this in Delhi or in your state? As far as I know, these are the old Delhi number plates.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:42   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
These are the real VIP numbers. In that era 1 to 9 number were always reserved for VIPs and only can got from recommendation of ministers or some big shots.
Thanks for clarifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajdan View Post
Are you seeing this in Delhi or in your state?
Yes, very much. Both the cars I mentioned are brand new 2012 cars. In fact, one of the cars is bhpian-owned.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 11:08   #504
BHPian

Any Idea if the official prices for Fancy Number/Number request have increased in Tamilnadu? One of the sales representatives told me yesterday that all the prices had doubled and that they could give us a receipt for the amount paid.

The official website does not reflect any revision in prices.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:17   #505
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a query.

I own a vehicle with a fancy number which was purchased for 'X' amount.

I am purchasing another vehicle now, are the below two options feasible?

The old vehicle is registered in TN and the re-registration would happen at KA.

1) Refund of the life-time tax and fancy registration charges for my old vehicle, given that the vehicle will be re-registered in another state

OR

2) Transfer of the old fancy number to the new vehicle and re-register the old vehicle

TIA.
Old 17th December 2012, 13:37   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

The old vehicle is registered in TN and the re-registration would happen at KA.

1) Refund of the life-time tax and fancy registration charges for my old vehicle, given that the vehicle will be re-registered in another state
You can claim for refund of Life-time tax that you paid after you get it registered in a different state. Refund amount is pro-rata based on how long you used the vehicle in that state. However, the charges you paid for fancy number would not be refundable.

Quote:
2) Transfer of the old fancy number to the new vehicle and re-register the old vehicle
Registration number, once alloted to a vehicle cannot be transferred to a different vehicle. I've read in this forum that this was possible long back but at least in recent times, I don't think this is an available option. Again, these rules could differ slightly from state to state (especially around fancy number allotment as this is controlled by state govt policy) as long as it doesn't contradict with the central Motor Vehicles Rules.

Logically speaking, fancy number is just a route for state govt. to milk the rich and I see no reason why they would add a clause that would prevent them from doing so. If someone is very particular about getting a specific number for his new vehicle, he would have to shell out more money again, meaning more revenue for the state.

Last edited by zenren : 17th December 2012 at 13:39.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 14:17   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

Registration number, once alloted to a vehicle cannot be transferred to a different vehicle. I've read in this forum that this was possible long back but at least in recent times, I don't think this is an available option. Again, these rules could differ slightly from state to state (especially around fancy number allotment as this is controlled by state govt policy) as long as it doesn't contradict with the central Motor Vehicles Rules.
VIP or fancy registration numbers are very much allowed to be transferred to new vehicle and the older vehicle gets the new registration number. This is allowed at least in Delhi (RTO - Under Hill Road) and am not sure about other states. I have recently done the same.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 18:00   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Our old Fiat 1100D (1967) had a nice plate: 101

Many said the number is very auspicious!
Old 5th February 2013, 18:45   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Any Idea if the official prices for Fancy Number/Number request have increased in Tamilnadu? One of the sales representatives told me yesterday that all the prices had doubled and that they could give us a receipt for the amount paid.

The official website does not reflect any revision in prices.
Yes, they have. It's 15k for a number with 1000 of the running series and 45k for any other number.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:44   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the charges for VIP numbers in Jharkhand RTO?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks