Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 12:57   #346
BHPian

Re: The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs

Anyone know when deliveries are expected?
Old 29th July 2019, 14:39   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted few in PPS Motors ready for delivery. Black, White and Silver Trailhawks.

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img_20190729_094428745.jpg

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img_20190729_094645195.jpg

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img_20190729_094616449.jpg

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img_20190729_095636098_hdr.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 29th July 2019 at 15:05.
arun_josie is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 08:45   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Spotted few in PPS Motors ready for delivery. Black, White and Silver Trailhawks.

So, people are actually buying despite the high price tag. Frankly, there is no other proper AWD/Diesel Auto at this price range.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
Anyone know when deliveries are expected?
As soon as any orders are placed Sorry, could not resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
So, people are actually buying despite the high price tag. Frankly, there is no other proper AWD/Diesel Auto at this price range.
Surprising indeed! Well, enthusiasts will be enthusiasts. These would be well-to-do folks looking for a capable, 4x4 tourer, albeit not as spacious, with diesel/auto combo being added advantage. If I were looking only for a diesel/auto combo, I'd rather wait for a few months and pick it up in a lower Compass variant, as opposed to shelling out as many extra lakhs.

Edit: Still waiting for the official review. I'm afraid by the time it is out, FCA would have probably pulled the plug on the Trailhawk, given the sales figures

Last edited by cool_dube : 2nd August 2019 at 18:45.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 20:44   #350
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is already a discount of Rs 30000 on the Trailhawk.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-august-413687
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:03   #351
Senior - BHPian

Brought the Trailhawk home today.

Will follow up with a detailed write up.

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1565346762.143985.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:09   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

Attachment 1903748
Congratulations, hope you are going to take it off road as well. Expecting lots of photos. Cheers and congratulations once again.
sreejinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:28   #353
BHPian

Congratulations! It's beautiful!

When did you book it? How long did it take for the delivery?

I look forward to your write-up.
suneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:10   #354
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1903748
Looks amazing! Congratulations!

I can't help but look at the Compass next to it. The red and black dual tone looks seriously amazing, and makes me just want to take the plunge and book one whenever I see it!

Look forward to seeing your detailed ownership report
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:14   #355
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on acquisition of Trail Rated and TH badge. The first impression I had was very refined engine.

Look forward to detailed review.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
When it is ready. We have a very long process
Samurai - it has been more than a month now. Any dates for the official review, please?

Edit: Congratulations @Arjun_Reddy!! Looking forward to a detailed review soon, possibly before the official review BTW, how did you end up changing you mind after this (The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs)?

Last edited by cool_dube : 9th August 2019 at 17:23.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:33   #357
BHPian

I too, bit the bullet and got my Trailhawk home on the 29th of last month (it's been little over a week now)...I was on the lookout for an upgrade from my Creta which I'd bought right at the time of it's launch, and which had clocked 100,000 kms. I wanted a 2 Litre diesel engine with automatic transmission, and a reasonably petite body. I considered the Kodiaq, the Fortuner (and for a brief, mad period, the X1 as well). I almost zeroed in on the Kodiaq, but somehow my heart just wasn't in it...always liked the Jeep Compass, but the lack of a diesel automatic kept it out of my shortlist...but out of the blue, enter the news of the Trailhawk, and after following this thread for a long time, I decided to check it out in person on a whim on a recent trip to Bangalore, the day I read that the vehicle had arrived in the showrooms.

I must confess, the minute I laid eyes on the gorgeous Trailhawk in red and black (minus all the chrome that we see on it's brethren), I was simply gobsmacked! Smitten is the word for it - you could've seen the hearts in my eyes! With a superhuman effort I mastered my emotions and held myself back from making the booking then and there. I tore myself away and did some more research on the Trailhawk since I know it was available in the US already...imagine my heartbreak when I read that the ZF9 auto transmission had had a zillion issues, especially at low speeds, wherever it was used in the US...then I learnt from the Team BHP forums that the Trailhawk manufactured in the Chakan plant was being exported to Australian shores for quite some time...so I checked out the Aussie reviews and did not find any major red flags or dealbreakers regarding the ZF9. Further learned that FCA had bought out the design and fine tuned it in-house. So doubts assailed somewhat, I returned with fresh resolve to the showroom when I learnt that the demo vehicle had arrived.

Took a pretty long test drive, mostly in the city, focusing on the low speed behaviour, and came away extremely satisfied with it's handling, suspension and gearbox! So booked my car in red (could not tear my eyes away from the shade) - I had already owned white and grey cars in the past, so wanted a change.

Then came the thunderbolt like test ride review from @ Arjun Reddy
Quote:
Just completed my first drive on the Trailhawk. Did about 35 kms on the NICE road.

Boy oh boy, I waited for 3 years for this. Totally disappointed with the gear box.

It takes ages to downshift and almost puts you to sleep.
which completely crushed my dreams - I had not taken a test ride at high speeds, and that is where he said lay the Achilles Heel of the gearbox! Well, it was back to the research and after poring over the Aussie reviews again, I could not find any such major red flags raised by the reviewers...so I kept my fingers (and many other appendages) crossed and decided to stick to my booking.

So finally after wading through all the mandatory loan paperwork and pre-purchase rigmarole, finally took delivery and drove my car out of the showroom, pleased as punch! Was still on tenterhooks when I took my car onto the highway...the first time I floored the accelerator pedal and attempted to crossed 90 kmph, got the shock of my life when the engine and gearbox seemed to just lose the plot and wanted to go their separate directions like the Hindi movie twins Ram and Shyam in the Kumbh mela! It took me almost an hour of highway driving to get the hang of the transmission and understand what it expects from the driver. After about an hour, once me and the Trailhawk understood each other, it became pretty intuitive, and I could really enjoy the vehicle - the suspension is super comfortable, the steering is solid and reliable, and the whole package feels really tight and competent. The way it handles bad roads is simply exemplary!

On a side note, really love the UConnect system and how it integrates with Android Auto. Very nice and hassle-free to use so far.

So all in all, feeling pleased as punch about the new arrival, and love the way she brings a grin to my face whenever I look at her, or step inside, or take her for a spin, or (you get the drift!)

(Attaching two pictures - Vin Kerosene and the Lady in Red)
Attached Thumbnails
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img20190801wa0009.jpg  

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-img20190724wa0019.jpg  

mr.kaybee is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:42   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Samurai - it has been more than a month now. Any dates for the official review, please?

A month? Just a month??
Here we are, waiting for Venue's official review since its launch in May.
You sir, please, get in line
Old 9th August 2019, 17:55   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post
I too, bit the bullet and got my Trailhawk home on the 29th of last month
Please accept my heartiest congratulations and wish you thousands of happy & safe miles on the hawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post
the first time I floored the accelerator pedal and attempted to crossed 90 kmph, got the shock of my life when the engine and gearbox seemed to just lose the plot and wanted to go their separate directions...
Any insights into how this behavior was overcome? Any more highway hauls after that?

Looking forward to a more detailed review, especially off-road behavior and highway runs.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 18:11   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Any insights into how this behavior was overcome? Any more highway hauls after that?
Thank you @cool_dube! I was chewing this over in my mind, exactly what I did to overcome this behaviour...the only thing that stood out for me was that it does not like being floored. Steady inputs seem to do the trick. I've done quite a few highway runs since then, and no issues after that first shock.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks