Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2019, 23:02   #1786

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Can someone help me with the audio setup on GTX+ as we know as of now? I know it has 8 Bose speakers(which in the current state of tune s cheap!). Is there an amp and sub woofer?
I am already thinking of after market upgrade considering music is key to me. I was blown away by Compass music system setup with 4 Alpine speakers 2 tweeters and a sub woofer beneath the dash.
As per my interaction with SA agent today, Seltos has 8 speakers from Bose. No woofer etc.

Sound quality - To me it sounded better than creta music player but inferior in comparison to a Compass or even Harrier.
Old 11th August 2019, 23:07   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kols View Post
It just amazes me on why car companies in India don't prioritise safety features like adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, etc. for Indian market considering the state of safety here. I've never heard anyone dying because the air-con started with a 5 min delay
Personally the remote engine start up will not be used much by me. It firstly will consume fuel without me being inside the car. People who park their car's in basement/mall parking lot do not require this feature as it will definitely cause pollution. The interior temperature of the car in parking loads are usually very pleasant.

The car manufacturers must educate that this feature must only be used when the car is sitting under the hot sun where your car is like an oven where you might burn your skin on the black heat absorbent leather seats.

I visit alot of my friends and family places where there are open parking lots and the car sits under the sun. The feature is useful for anybody who is resisting to sit inside their car. It's obvious that before leaving somebody's house I would make sure that my car is butt friendly.

This remote start feature has been there for ages in other markets to start up their cars in cold countries where snow accumulates all over the car and this helped to melt off the excess snow. It was only limited to the car remote key meaning that you had to stay close to the car in order to start the engine.

The new era is now the network sim that is embedded which makes it a breeze to start up the car from anywhere.

In short, you can use anything- it's up to you as to how you use it. I'm sure people have sense when to use this feature when required.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2019 at 08:36. Reason: Spacing
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 23:15   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post

The biggest let down is the boot. Found it to be super impractical for my preference since I'd usually have more vertical stuff than horizontal. A simple plant pot that would ease in standing in my old i20 would struggle big time in Seltos.)
If you remove the parcel tray, there's actually a decent amount of space in the boot. Without doing so, it would be very difficult to stack suitcases.

This weekend I took the sales leader of the segment 1.6 crdi AT for self drive for the very first time. Honestly it's got all the bases of a city crossover covered ( the petrol AT in comparison was quite sluggish) ! Ex showroom the Creta 1.6 crdi AT costs 13.4 Gurgaon.....I'm really scratching my head now whether I actually require a Seltos GTX+ paying at least 2-3 lakhs extra. Might just change my booking to the attractive mid spec Seltos 1.5 crdi AT and remap it.
Old 12th August 2019, 00:11   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Can someone help me with the audio setup on GTX+ as we know as of now? I know it has 8 Bose speakers(which in the current state of tune s cheap!). Is there an amp and sub woofer?
I am already thinking of after market upgrade considering music is key to me. I was blown away by Compass music system setup with 4 Alpine speakers 2 tweeters and a sub woofer beneath the dash.
The Seltos comes with an 8 Bose speaker includes 4 in the doors, two tweeters, one centre speaker in the dash, subwoofer in the boot and amp below the codriver seat.
richie4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 00:19   #1790
BHPian

Just wondering - if Skoda suddenly throws the cat amongst the pigeons and introduces the Octavia 1.4 dsg at 16-17 ex showroom, how many would switch their Seltos 1.4 DCT bookings ?
JishD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 06:40   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Just wondering - if Skoda suddenly throws the cat amongst the pigeons and introduces the Octavia 1.4 dsg at 16-17 ex showroom, how many would switch their Seltos 1.4 DCT bookings ?

I would. Seems like a no brainer since Octavia is definitely a segment above the Seltos.
Old 12th August 2019, 06:51   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
if it is a 1.4 TSI with a more reliable 6-speed DSG at say 21-23L OTR (for the style variant), I would cancel the Seltos booking for it.
Old 12th August 2019, 08:29   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
The Seltos comes with an 8 Bose speaker includes 4 in the doors, two tweeters, one centre speaker in the dash, subwoofer in the boot and amp below the codriver seat.
Thanks. Looks like something is a miss in the TD cars, it sounds awful. The SA told me something is not connected and I was like why on earth would you market Bose and not put up your best face on the initial impression. I infact visited two showrooms and both had the same feeling.

I am really perplexed by the lack of knowledge of the SAS now a days, they have freaking no clue and gives gyaan as if customers are seeing car for the first time. In few of my TDs with different cars I educated most of them with ample info for them to market it to other customers!!
Old 12th August 2019, 09:47   #1794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then you'll also have to wonder how they'll have to price their/VW's VENTO and RAPID with DSG. Because such pricing will also kill already little sales of the Vento.

What you are suggesting isn't generally a strategy that established / global brands follow. Suddenly launching a car from higher segment into a lower segment to just try & get sales devalues the brand a lot & causes poor PR for longer run. If Octavia price is reduced - it will result in their own higher segment cars appearing even more overpriced than the one just below.

And its India afterall. Right now only SUVs will sell. Even if I was out in the market and saw the pricing you mentioned - I'd mostly pick the Seltos over the Octavia (yeah myself with that!) for the sheer practicality an SUV offers on our roads (at the horrible expense of driving pleasure of course).
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 09:57   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kols View Post
It just amazes me on why car companies in India don't prioritise safety features like adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, etc. for Indian market considering the state of safety here. I've never heard anyone dying because the air-con started with a 5 min delay
For the simple reason we Indians do not give 2 hoots about safety. These companies do thorough research about the market before launching a product and every time sun roofs>>>collision avoidance systems. Half the prospective buyer do not understand these safety features and moreover these are not 'party tricks'. A remote start stop engine is a party trick that one can show off. But I have my doubts if anyone would go "Hey Rajesh, check out my collision avoidance system - 'BAAM'!!"

One thing I cannot understand is that this feature is apparently useful when a car is parked outside in the sun and when it becomes a furnace. But don't we all (with 'normal' cars and normal ACs) open the windows first and let the heat escape. How powerful can an AC be (OR how severe can the carbon emission be) to expel all the heat from a car parked long enough under the sun to make it a furnace inside.

To be honest I was quite excited about the remote start feature when I first saw it in the Venue. Not so much any more.

Last edited by Pancham : 12th August 2019 at 09:59.
Pancham is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 10:08   #1796
BANNED

Those who want 1.4 GTX+ DCT will have to bear with grey interiors as full black interiors is not an option as per the below given information.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190812wa0003.jpg  

The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 10:10   #1797
BHPian

Looking at the activity in this thread, I am sure Keltos is going to be a big hit. One of my friends cancelled his Creta booking and booked this. Another friend is also looking to buy this.
I know looks are subjective. I still think Creta (Both old and face lift version) looks much better. The front grill design of Creta is one of the best designs ever.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 10:15   #1798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Those who want 1.4 GTX+ DCT will have to bear with grey interiors as full black interiors is not an option as per the below given information.
Yes that's correct. This was my biggest gripe as well.

Even though it's called the GT line the black interiors are only for the mid GTX variant.

Those black interiors look totally fab.

The GTX+ gets light grey interiors. What's more is that the lower GTX has a soft back for the front seats with a mobile phone pouch which the GTX+ doesn't. The GTX+ gets a hard plastic seat back which for the rear passengers knees is not most comfy.

They really have confused everyone with the variants. The simple thing should have been Tech line is light grey interiors and GT line is only black.

To change interior colour of GT line between GTX and GTX+ is just plain confusing.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 10:59   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Can someone suggest me how the GT Line blue and black colour look ? Red didnt impress me (because I used to Punto red for ~10 years) . I dont want to go for White/Grey.
Same boat mate. Fiat reds are non comparable to others. Kia is more maroon than red. White could look good
Old 12th August 2019, 11:00   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes that's correct. This was my biggest gripe as well.

Even though it's called the GT line the black interiors are only for the mid GTX variant.

Those black interiors look totally fab.

The GTX+ gets light grey interiors. What's more is that the lower GTX has a soft back for the front seats with a mobile phone pouch which the GTX+ doesn't. The GTX+ gets a hard plastic seat back which for the rear passengers knees is not most comfy.

They really have confused everyone with the variants. The simple thing should have been Tech line is light grey interiors and GT line is only black.

To change interior colour of GT line between GTX and GTX+ is just plain confusing.
Seltos is making my choice much easier now. I would prefer black interiors to sunroof/ Ventilated seats/ Bose. Especially with my less than 5 yr old daughter, I can’t think of the beige interiors

GTX DCT with all black interiors and an additional accessory of 360/blind view monitor has been in my mind for now and it is now kind of cleared, if GTX+ doesn’t offer all black interiors. Could be that black colored Ventilated seats aren’t available yet.

One question for the experts, especially the black color car owners. How difficult is the maintenance of a black car? I can understand that the smallest of scratches also will be visibly seen. What else are the cons of black color car? Thanks in advance for your time.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks