Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 14:56   #421
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I wish they had launched this car with the K9K Diesel engine, even if only for a few months till BS VI becomes mandatory. Even in the 85 PS tune, it would have been a great engine for this people mover. It can be a great highway cruiser in addition to being a great city car. It has the presence and ground clearance to go anywhere but not the engine to match.

A Triber top end Diesel with the K9K engine at 6.99 Lakhs would have been a killer proposition. Would have helped with wringing the last bits of revenue from the BS IV K9K and address a whole market segment which would simply not consider petrol for a 6-seater people mover.
I do not think that a diesel engine would fit in the small engine bay it has and it would always remain a petrol-only vehicle.
Old 29th August 2019, 16:27   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
I had a word with my friend who is working on Renault-Nissan Technology and Business Centre Chennai. Info gained from him:

6. There will be much powerful Turbo version of Triber in future. This is work in progress. Expected to available in 6months to a year. Maybe with BS6 launch.
And by the the Triber would have lost favour with people already. If Renault misses this festive season, second chances are not coming any time soon. Not for brands like Renault that already seem to have a negative perception. I really wonder why didn't they launch it already with the right engine.
Old 29th August 2019, 16:31   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Can somebody please explain what is a pseudo Macpherson strut?
Its a variant of Macpherson strut where a "lower wishbone" is also added to the suspension setup.

The guidance of the wheel plane is driven by this wishbone instead of the usual lower arm / anti-roll bar. This renders the anti-roll bar optional & can result in significant cost & weight savings.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 16:35   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The engine is the weak link in the package. The Triber will struggle to keep up with cheaper alternatives on the road, let alone the Swift or Nios it is hoping to compete with.
I got a very budget feel while driving the car. The pedals, the steering, the grip from the thin tyres, the three cylinder thrum, and the terrible acceleration, all put together, scream 'budget'.
There were only two people in the car, with both front and rear blowers on. If there were seven, I would have asked someone else to drive.
Triber is meant to be a budget offering and Renault is counting big on rural markets. Remember the Duster was a quite a popular car in town and rural areas. Engine to me is the biggest downer in Triber. 800cc motor is barely able to move the tiny kwid, 1.0L motor with 60-70PS power is definitely not going to be enough for a 7-seater. On highway, Triber will struggle to match pace of 1.2L motor, forget the turbo diesels.

Last edited by PrideRed : 29th August 2019 at 16:51.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 19:07   #425
Senior - BHPian

It seems many have got the use-case wrong, it is a regular 4-seater with the option of hauling 7 only when required. Read it is as the avg-joe(not auto enthusiast), who commutes to office in (1,2,3rd gear) traffic on daily basis and does occasional once in a month short highway trip within 100km range without compromising on reasonable comfort and essential features like A/C and Space. For a person with the above use-case, it may not make sense to buy an Innova or an even an Ertiga that cost twice or four times its cost.

If usage includes regular long-distance highway drives, hauling luggage, hauling heavy weights or 7 people on a daily basis, people should opt for Rear Wheel Drive vehicles (even if it were to be a 796cc Omni) or premium SUV's/MUV's.

Saying that, I still have my fingers crossed and still hope that Renault has not cut corners on the structural safety of the vehicle irrespective of its usage.

Request all those who have test-driven Triber to compare the driving characteristics with the vehicle they own or they drive on daily basis to give us a better estimate of comparison.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 19:19   #426
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190829191215.png

The Renault Triber launch Brochure mentions a Drawer under the Driver Seat. Has anyone (whose gone for the Test Drive) been able to see this particular feature? Cause no one has shared any image of this feature, and even the Brochure does not have any image depicting this.

On a different note, sharing a video shared on YouTube about what all each variant offers with shots from the online Configurator showing interiors and exteriors of all variants.

AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 20:08   #427
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber Official Accessories with their respective Prices:-

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-alloy-wheels.jpg
Alloy Wheels

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-body-side-cladding.jpg
Body Side Cladding

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-bumper-corner-protector-chrome.jpg
Bumper Corner Protector with Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-bumper-corner-protector.jpg
Bumper Corner Protector

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-carpet-floor-mat-3d.jpg
Carpet Floor Mat 3D

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-carpet-floor-mat-beige.jpg
Carpet Floor Mat Beige

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-carpet-floor-mat-black.jpg
Carpet Floor Mat Black

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-door-handle-chrome.jpg
Door Handle Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-fender-cladding.jpg
Fender Cladding

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-front-grill-chrome-garnish.jpg
Front Grill Chrome Garnish

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-front-parking-sensors.jpg
Front Parking Sensors

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-gear-bezel-chrome.jpg
Gear Bezel Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-headlamp-chrome.jpg
Headlamp Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-illuminated-scuff-plates.jpg
Illuminated Scuff Plates

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-irvm-back-cover.jpg
IRVM Back Cover

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-mud-flaps.jpg
Mud Flaps

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-orvm-blinker.jpg
ORVM Blinker

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-orvm-chrome.jpg
ORVM Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-rear-bumper-cladding.jpg
Rear Bumper Cladding

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-rear-spoiler.jpg
Rear Spoiler

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-roof-carrier.jpg
Roof Carrier

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-roof-lamp-chrome.jpg
Roof Lamp Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-sun-blinds.jpg
Sun Blinds

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-tail-gate-chrome.jpg
Tail Gate Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-tail-lamp-chrome.jpg
Tail Lamp Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-trunk-mat.jpg
Trunk Mat

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-wind-deflector-black.jpg
Wind Deflector Black

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-wind-deflector-chrome-insert.jpg
Wind Deflector Chrome

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-window-frame-kit.jpg
Window Frame Kit
AdityaDeane is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 20:16   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Attachment 1911331

The Renault Triber launch Brochure mentions a Drawer under the Driver Seat. Has anyone (whose gone for the Test Drive) been able to see this particular feature?
Yes, I have seen it when I went to a mall in Kolkata to take a look at the Triber. The drawer slides out from beneath the driver's seat. It's quite convenient. Max recommended load rating was 1kg worth of trinkets et al. Sliding action is smooth too.

Not a very revolutionary idea, as my 2008 Indica Vista has one as well, under the co-driver's seat
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 20:19   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
And by the the Triber would have lost favour with people already. If Renault misses this festive season, second chances are not coming any time soon.
I think they want to launch Triber with low sticker price initially. This will create a buzz. Same tactics when Kwid was initially launched. Once people have the perception that this is the most value for money car they can get in the price range, they will add turbo version with higher price.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 21:55   #430
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber to get an automatic gearbox alongside a BS-6 engine very soon. Renault Triber, the latest offering from the French carmaker is currently available exclusively with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Venkatram Mamillapalle, CEO and managing director of Renault India Operations said that the the Triber will get an automatic gearbox very soon, but not before it gets equipped with BS-6 compliant engines. The same is likely to be a 5-speed unit i.e. the automaker's Easy-R AMT. The French carmaker did not introduce the Triber with an automatic gearbox right away as it will prevent re-calibration and homologation of the same when it introduces BS-6 compliant engines in the same.

Source:https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...eline/1688777/
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:14   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The guidance of the wheel plane is driven by this wishbone instead of the usual lower arm / anti-roll bar. This renders the anti-roll bar optional & can result in significant cost & weight savings.
Thanks. Can you also elaborate on the cons.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2019 at 05:55. Reason: Thanx > Thanks.
Old 29th August 2019, 22:44   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Thanks. Can you also elaborate on the cons.
Nothing significantly negative that I know.
I think some generations of Renault Clio and Skoda Fabia have used this setup as well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2019 at 05:55. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:54   #433
BHPian

This is my take on the Triber.

Cost : A bit higher than what I anticipated. After all this is based on the Kwid platform and a sub 4m product. It's Datsun sibling the GO+ although outdated provides a bigger engine at a lower price.

Engine : For daily intra city commute with one or two people it should not be an issue but when fully loaded with 7 people, this engine will definitely feel underpowered. The 1.2L engine should have been a better match. 1.0L engine for a 7 seater just doesn't seem adequate.

Interiors and Features : Interiors look good and is well equipped considering the price

Safety : 4 airbags is a welcome addition. Should wait for the NCAP ratings though.

Verdict : The USP of this car is a sub 4m 7 seater at an affordable price. For those who need 7 seats occasionally and cannot extend the budget to an Ertiga, this will suffice.
rajvardhanraje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:19   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
It seems many have got the use-case wrong, it is a regular 4-seater with the option of hauling 7 only when required. Read it is as the avg-joe(not auto enthusiast), who commutes to office in (1,2,3rd gear) traffic on daily basis and does occasional once in a month short highway trip within 100km range without compromising on reasonable comfort and essential features like A/C and Space. For a person with the above use-case, it may not make sense to buy an Innova or an even an Ertiga that cost twice or four times its cost.
An auto enthusiast is someone who loves cars. And not every auto-enthusiast is a wannabe racer.

If you have not TDed the Triber yet, please do. You might get what I am saying.

If Renault is asking Swift money, their Triber will get compared to the Swift.

The Triber is a budget car. Unless one really, really needs that extra space, there are much better five seaters for the price. IMHO, it is not going to convert prospective Neos or Swift buyers, read premium hatchbacks, which the Triber is not.

To get that extra space for occasional trips, the sacrifice with Triber is less power and a 'budget' experience.

I really wish this wasn't the case. I liked the concept and the space management, but for me, this isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Triber is meant to be a budget offering and Renault is counting big on rural markets. Remember the Duster was a quite a popular car in town and rural areas. Engine to me is the biggest downer in Triber. 800cc motor is barely able to move the tiny kwid, 1.0L motor with 60-70PS power is definitely not going to be enough for a 7-seater. On highway, Triber will struggle to match pace of 1.2L motor, forget the turbo diesels.
You are right. Since I was thinking of getting one, mainly as a city runabout, with occasional highway trips thrown in. But, the engine is not suitable for highway runs. It will struggle, for sure and overtaking will take plenty of planning.

Renault has improved on the Kwid platform (CMF-A) and given us the Triber. While the Kwid was fine for what it is, at its price point. But, when in the Triber avatar, it wants to compete with the likes of Swift and Neos, it falls short on several counts. The only ace up its sleeve is the extra space it offers.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:27   #435
Senior - BHPian

Please allow members to share their views, this forum is not for imposing opinions. Every driver has his own style, let him decide what to buy, avoid tail gating each and every post. My comment is not targeted at any individual, don't want to see this thread going the MG Hector way. This car gets Projector head lamps, AC vents for all 3 rows, 4 air bags for front passengers under 8 lakhs price tag. Earlier when we had Spark, Santro and Wagon R with smaller engines, Spark was the best performer on highways. Engine capacity is not the only bench mark to assume that a car is under-powered, gear ratio and transmission efficiency are also considered. I request members to share their views on NVH levels as compared to Maruti's 1.0L engine.

Last edited by deehunk : 30th August 2019 at 10:54.
deehunk is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks