Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:54   #301
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaniax View Post
I think we can reach the eyes and ears of the politicians and judges if they see us on the street. I have never organized something like this but I am hurt enough to appeal to those who are able to set it up and lend my support.

I think the way our pain could go viral is that the aggrieved car owners on Team-BHP and allied forums band together and organize a protest, of say 100 people, at a prominent location with the legal approvals, if required.

I think this is the only 'action' we can take. I don't want to give up my hard earned and loved vehicle without a fight. I an sure together we can give our cars a last stand.
Isn't collecting facts and figures first thoroughly, and filing an appeal in SC a better idea?

But we need concrete evidence, with reliable facts and figures against the existing ruling. Then a good lawyer can put up a fight. It'll be much much better than protests and demonstrations which anyway working class can not put up.
Old 3rd February 2022, 23:28   #302
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Along with extra tax we're being charged for diesels, there is so NO enforcement of this rule on government vehicles/ pseudo government workers.
I have seen ancient goverment boleros, sumos, accords, with government stickers/ laal batti plying around freely in Central Delhi. Try this with your own old car and you'll be stopped and threatened for scrapping instantly.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 08:18   #303
BHPian

This snippet was in one corner of today's TOI edition.
The future indeed is bleak for NCR car enthusiasts.
Attached Thumbnails
Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR-20220213_081649.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 23:33   #304
BHPian

My Honda City ZX completes 15 wonderful years in November this year. Still looks and runs great, sadly have to sell it because of this rule. Got it assessed by OLX, the guy was surprised to see its condition however quoted a very low price

Question - if I get it registered outside NCR, can I use it here? Too many memories attached to the car and difficult to let it go.

Thanks
rag_nfs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 01:11   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
if I get it registered outside NCR, can I use it here?
Nope.

However, do share the quote given by OLX. Might be of help to bhpians from other cities looking to buy an old car.
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:24   #306
BHPian

Came across this article.

link : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/89727131.cms

The speed and range does not match the vehicle, but I think it is a step in right direction.

Old cars can be reused instead of junking them avoiding recycle pollution.
pram_ind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:48   #307
BHPian

I do not whether this has been shared earlier or not, however sharing for everyone’s benefit as I found out myself today. The age of the vehicle is calculated from the date of first registration of the vehicle and not from the date of manufacture.

Cheers

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd March 2022 at 01:43. Reason: Typos.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 01:31   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I do not whether this has been shared earlier or not, however sharing for everyones benefit as i found out myself today, The age of the vehicle is calculated from the date of first registeration of the vehicle and not from the date of manufature.

Cheers
May I ask where you found this out from?
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:42   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapi View Post
May I ask where you found this out from?
Rto office in delhi, age is calculated from the date the vehicle is registered to legally ply on the roads, reason i checked is because i am getting a good discount on a 2021 june brand new Isuzu Mux lying at the dealers, if i go for it it will be registered in march of 2022 and thats when the time frame for calculation starts. The dealer also told me the same thing however just to be double sure i went and checked with the Rto as well.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:48   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Rto office in delhi, age is calculated from the date the vehicle is registered to legally ply on the roads, reason i checked is because i am getting a good discount on a 2021 june brand new Isuzu Mux lying at the dealers, if i go for it it will be registered in march of 2022 and thats when the time frame for calculation starts. The dealer also told me the same thing however just to be double sure i went and checked with the Rto as well.
Does that mean if I transfer my 9 year old West Bengal registered car and get Delhi plates I can drive it for another 10/15 years depending on the fuel type?
Old 3rd March 2022, 09:35   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Does that mean if I transfer my 9 year old West Bengal registered car and get Delhi plates I can drive it for another 10/15 years depending on the fuel type?
Date of original registration doesn't change upon transferring registration
boniver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 11:39   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Nope you cannot, the date of first registeration is the one thats looked at. Any subsequent re registerations in other states does not matter.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 23:39   #313
BHPian

NGT ban only on autos in Gurgaon.

As per the latest news, there is no ban on 10year old diesel vehicle or 15year old petrol vehicle, except autos plying in Gurgaon.
If true this would be a big relief for people living in Gurgaon and NCR areas of haryana.
Let's hope written orders are issued to transport department of haryana asap.

Check out these link for more details
https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...50009-amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tri...yana-cm-374276
Old 6th March 2022, 00:47   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post

As per the latest news, there is no ban on 10 year old diesel vehicle or 15 year old petrol vehicle, except autos plying in Gurgaon.
If true this would be a big relief for people living in Gurgaon and NCR areas of Haryana.
No Sir, It isn't a relief. RC cannot be renewed after its expiry. I think even Insurance companies can refuse to honour the claims.

They are just not enforcing the law YET. Vehicles beyond 10 years and 15 years are still illegal to ply on NCR Roads. A policeman can challan it, and when he does that we cannot go to court for relief.

As I've been saying since the starting the ban should be on the basis of vehicular emission levels and not on age.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 08:11   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post

As per the latest news, there is no ban on 10year old diesel vehicle or 15year old petrol vehicle, except autos plying in Gurgaon.
If true this would be a big relief for people living in Gurgaon and NCR areas of haryana.
Let's hope written orders are issued to transport department of haryana asap.

]
This is just appeasement.
Their word doesn't stand against the NGT. They can happily collect 15 year tax, on vehicles that have a life of 10 years.

Last edited by SDP : 6th March 2022 at 14:00. Reason: Typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks