Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 14:57   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
Quick question, if you have a transferrable job (govt, defense, etc), how does the 10-15yr rule work in Delhi? If your car is registered in some other state, can it still be allowed to run in NCR if it has been re-registered in the home state?
By law, you cant even drive through NCR in a car older than 10/15 years old.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 17:16   #287

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

My major grudge against this rules is that if I knew 9 years ago that they are going to ban Diesel vehicles in 10 years, I would have purchased a much cheaper petrol vehicle. The rules are thus unfair. The policy of fitting electric kits in these cars is adding salt to our wounds.

I suggest organising a mass protest against the judgement. In a democratic country, if injustice is being done to a section of society, this is the way we make our voices heard. A mass protest should be advertised and carried out demanding justice.
motomaniax is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:12   #288
Senior - BHPian

Well IMO they should refund the excess (i.e. 11-15th years') registration, road tax & other charges that they collected for 15 years life span of Diesel vehicle. But going by the wisdom (or rather lack of it) of selected families run judiciary in India, they could not have done anything better.

On the top of it they don't want to hear a word on the judgement that doesn't stand valid in BS6 era.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2022 at 06:16. Reason: Typo
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:23   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Well IMO they should refund the excess (i.e. 11-15th yesrs') registration, road tax & other charges that they collected for 15 years life span of Diesel vehicle. But going by the wisdom (or rather lack of it) of selected families run judiciary in India, they could not have done anything better.

On the top of it they don't want to hear a word on the judgement that doesn't stand valid in BS6 era.
AFAIK, they still are collecting road tax for 15 years in NCR Area for diesel vehicles. They haven't reduced anything, leave alone refunding for unutilized years.

Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR-screenshot-20220117-21.17.04.png

Saw a tweet today.

Even the transport ministry is in cahoots with the industry in this regard. When they brought the scrap bill they could've easily added a paragraph which explicitly mentions only cars which breach pollution norms would be scrapped.

But no! Here we are.

This is what happens when politicians have no clue of ground reality of middle class families. What else can be expected when people who profiteer, might be the ones funding their elections.
batish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:36   #290
BHPian

Can we register BS4 car in other states like Karnataka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
This is what happens when politicians have no clue of ground reality of middle class families. What else can be expected when people who profiteer, might be the ones funding their elections.
They know a lot about us than we know about them.
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:42   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Can we register BS4 car in other states like Karnataka?
This ruling is applicable in Delhi-NCR Region only. NCR Region is approx 150km of Delhi's radius.

So, yes. You can register BS4 vehicle anywhere in country except this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaniax View Post
I suggest organising a mass protest against the judgement. In a democratic country, if injustice is being done to a section of society, this is the way we make our voices heard. A mass protest should be advertised and carried out demanding justice.
Won't mass sending email or voicing out on twitter make any difference? Just like AIB did to save the internet.

Last edited by batish : 17th January 2022 at 21:46.
batish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 22:10   #292

Quote:
You can register BS4 vehicle anywhere in country except this area.
If I recall correctly BS4 sales & registrations were stopped across India and this wasn't specific to just the Delhi NCR region.
Old 17th January 2022, 22:51   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi2700 View Post
If I recall correctly BS4 sales & registrations were stopped across India and this wasn't specific to just the Delhi NCR region.
You're correct. But what I meant was he can sell BS4 anywhere in the country. It will be registered. He can buy BS4 outside this area from anyone, it will be registered.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 23:04   #294
BHPian

Is the electric conversion just a namesake or is there any real effort into that direction?
Old 18th January 2022, 21:45   #295
BHPian

Wanted to know if such rules exist for CNG vehicles. Is it legal to drive a twenty year old car in NCR fitted with CNG kit ?
Dhruba_Nazira is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:25   #296

Quote:
Won't mass sending email or voicing out on twitter make any difference? Just like AIB did to save the internet.
The politicians and courts are not able to impose a blanket ban on stubble burning because the farmers are united and fight for what they think is right. We car owners of Delhi NCR are not united and are not wrong. The administration thinks we are soft targets to squeeze and exploit.

Mass sending of emails or voicing on Twitter will not gain momentum on it's own. All aggregated car owners will support in whatever way we can. I think we can reach the eyes and ears of the politicians and judges if they see us on the street. I have never organized something like this but I am hurt enough to appeal to those who are able to set it up and lend my support.

I think the way our pain could go viral is that the aggrieved car owners on Team-BHP and allied forums band together and organize a protest, of say 100 people, at a prominent location with the legal approvals, if required. We could try to get coverage in newspapers through the very connected people who share our love for cars. The coverage obtained from the first protest could be used to organize bigger protests. The first group would advertise the date and location of the next upcoming protest which would get a bigger turnout because of the publicity of the first one. These groups could gather on public holidays after the current Covid situation resolves.

I think this is the only 'action' we can take. I don't want to give up my hard earned and loved vehicle without a fight. I an sure together we can give our cars a last stand.
motomaniax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 13:20   #297
RBR
BHPian

Two-Wheeler Re-registration

Hello team,

I hope all are safe and healthy amidst the current turmoil.

Returning to the expert's domain for expert advice: I have a 2007 Pulsar 150 registered in Gurugram (which I still refer to as Gurgaon) that is in good condition (not as good as my father maintained his Bajaj Chetak though).
I have a few questions because I intend to keep it for a while longer, and I'll list them in no particular order:
Because it was purchased while my father was serving in the armed forces, and we are now based in Delhi. Is it necessary for me to re-register it in order to ride in the Delhi NCR?
What is the procedure and how much will it cost?
What if its registration expires before I can re-register it?
Is there going to be an effect on the PUC or insurance?
Anything else I should be aware of?

Admin, please merge this thread if its duplicate in nature.

Thanks in advance
Old 31st January 2022, 21:20   #298
BHPian

Re: Two-Wheeler Re-registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post

Is it necessary for me to re-register it in order to ride in the Delhi NCR?
Any petrol 4 wheeler /2 wheeler which attains the age of 15 years is not permitted to be used in Delhi ncr which includes gurgaon faridabad noida ghaziabad etc. There is no alternative to this apart feom the fact that the vehicle or 2 wheeler be used else where apart from Delhi ncr.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 03:29   #299
BHPian

My Civic completes 15 years this year , planning to get Uttarakhand plates for the car as its RC cannot be extended in Delhi . I know that I won't be able to drive the car in Delhi/NCR but still too many feelings attached with the car to let it go.
I wanted to know the procedure and cost involved for the same . Any help would be appreciated
aditya_911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 09:39   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

The biggest slap on our faces is the fact that even now they collect Road tax for 15 years for all diesel vehicles in Delhi NCR. This has to be the biggest daylight robbery ever. They have multiple excuses to hide behind when it comes to legislation and court hearings. But the day this rule was brought into effect, it should have automatically translated into a decreased road tax in accordance.

Meanwhile, pollution has only increased if at all!
drmohitg is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks