Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 06:06   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
My advise would be to get this done right now, and sell it off. In the past one year, whenever I have visited the RTO with all papers apparently in order, something or the other has come up in the guise of new "rules". Find a buyer, get his address details, and get the NOC as soon as possible.
Right, that's what I would want to do, but sadly cannot being away from the city.

I may be back sometime in Jan/Feb and was hoping it won't be a headache to take care of it then. But yeah, now it feels like it's going to be a cliffhanger
Old 25th November 2020, 09:08   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Guys in Delhi:

Would you know if we can source the 4x4 actuator motor /solenoid for an old Safari 4x4.
Old 26th December 2020, 20:28   #213
BHPian

Need advice on 10 year NGT rule for diesel car in NCR!

I have a diesel car registered 2011 in Ghaziabad [UP-14], UP part of NCR. NGT ruling does not allow diesel cars to ply beyond 10 years. My car is nearing 10 years next year and I need advice on next steps.
My RC states 15-year timeline due to expire in 2026. Additionally as of today, the online e-parivahan system too mentions expiry timeline of 2026. I believe the recent HSRP sticker that I fixed 2 months back also mentions 2026.

So is my car allowed till 2026?
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 22:12   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need advice on 10 year NGT rule for diesel car in NCR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I have a diesel car registered 2011 in Ghaziabad [UP-14], UP part of NCR. NGT ruling does not allow diesel cars to ply beyond 10 years. My car is nearing 10 years next year and I need advice on next steps.
My RC states 15-year timeline due to expire in 2026. Additionally as of today, the online e-parivahan system too mentions expiry timeline of 2026. I believe the recent HSRP sticker that I fixed 2 months back also mentions 2026.

So is my car allowed till 2026?
No. The RTO had previously cancelled registration of diesel cars which were older than 10 yrs. So the expiry date on the RC does not really mean much in NCR at this point.

Best to get rid of it soon.

This thread has loads of personal experiences - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...hi-ncr-15.html (Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR)
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 10:55   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
No. The RTO had previously cancelled registration of diesel cars which were older than 10 yrs. So the expiry date on the RC does not really mean much in NCR at this point.

Best to get rid of it soon.
Thank you for your message and I went through the thread you shared. Can you please share your advice on few more queries of mine -

1.) I understand printed RC is an old document but if I check car status on e parivahan website my validity is still August 2026. So is it by chance my car's registration was not cancelled as you mentioned above ?

2.) Will I won't be able to renew my insurance policy next year post completion of 10th year.

3.) My overall objective is to delegate this car to just travel 2-3 kms around home in Ghaziabad for household chores once a week. So with the current e-parivahan website status as 2026 validity can I use my car for above purpose?
Old 27th December 2020, 12:16   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your message and I went through the thread you shared. Can you please share your advice on few more queries of mine -

1.) I understand printed RC is an old document but if I check car status on e parivahan website my validity is still August 2026. So is it by chance my car's registration was not cancelled as you mentioned above ?

2.) Will I won't be able to renew my insurance policy next year post completion of 10th year.

3.) My overall objective is to delegate this car to just travel 2-3 kms around home in Ghaziabad for household chores once a week. So with the current e-parivahan website status as 2026 validity can I use my car for above purpose?
1. Yours is UP registered, and under ten years old, registration is not cancelled. Only dl plates were cancelled. You can sell your car today, or you can do it after it turns 10. Only Delhi rtos are denying nocs.
2. Yes. But ensure that you don't drive In Delhi, or have an accident there which requires a claim.
3. Safe to do that, UP itself should not be an issue, but best would be to talk to a local traffic constable, generally. Ask them what they're doing if they stop a 10+ year old diesel car. My bet is nothing.
I'd suggest that you sell the car while you can. This is such a hare brained directive that no-one except for Delhi cops, rtos and of course, the grand ngt knows what's what.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 12:31   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One solution for using your car at least till 2026:
Get your car re-registered in some RTO outside Delhi, before it completes 10 years. For this, you will need a genuine lease agreement in the destination RTO jurisdiction as a proof of address. You can do that I guess. It will cost some 3000 - 4000 rupees for lease agreement and whatever is the RTO registration fees.

Registration fees will be sizeable expense but you will be able to recover this by selling your car without hassles and with bettter price, after 2026.

Or if you have a very close relative residing outside NCR in UP or HR, sell the car to him on paper and get it registered in his name.

This way, the new RTO, being outside NCR, won't cancel the registration of the car post 10 years. And at least your car will be usable and sellable outside NCR.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 27th December 2020 at 12:36.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 13:27   #218
Senior - BHPian

One cannot run older than stipulated vehicles in Delhi (in particular). Authorities will confiscate it. Better transfer if outside NCR where it can be used without any hindrance.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 13:38   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Safe to do that, UP itself should not be an issue, but best would be to talk to a local traffic constable, generally.
Thanks, Sounds a good plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
And at least your car will be usable and sellable outside NCR.
Thanks for the advice. I will exchange the car eventually. Do not want to get in hassles of selling a car and I hope in exchange all such modalities of transfer are taken care by dealer. Registering it outside would be a loss as I plan to drive only 2-3 kms once a week post 10 year timeline. Do you think so?

--------------------------------------------------------
Request for final thoughts on my plan below-

Adding little bit of further background here.

My validity of two cars is expiring next year - A petrol - 15 years and Diesel - 10 years. So definitely buying a new car next year but can't buy 2 cars together.

So going by above advises from forum experts, I plan to exchange the petrol with a new car and try to hold the diesel for a year or half extra post 10 year timeline and exchange it with second new car. Meanwhile, just drive the diesel car 2-3 kms nearby every Sunday in Ghaziabad post 10 year validity period. Hopefully, I am able to renew my diesel car insurance after 10 years.

Does this plan sound reasonable? Any other advice?
Old 28th December 2020, 12:25   #220
BHPian

I think you can transfer the vehicle to some other RTO within UP without paying extra TAX( You have already Up state RTO tax). Transfer to some family member's name in another district say Varanasi. It'll no longer remain an NCR registered vehicle and hence will be valid till 15 years & thereafter too.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 15:55   #221
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I will be moving to Gurgaon in the first quarter of 2021. My Hyderabad registered Superb TDI will be 11 in March. I don't intend to enter Delhi at all in any case. What should I do? I don't want to sell it for at least 2 years. What do I do? Will there be much botheration even if all the paperwork checks out? The engine was rebuilt in 2019 (another reason why I don't want to sell it) but still a BS4. Please provide suggestions. As much as I'd like to, I don't want to exchange it for an old Civc.
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Only dl plates were cancelled.
Can you please help me with understanding the meaning of 'Only DL plates were cancelled'? What is this process and how do I know if my DL plates are already cancelled or active?
Old 22nd January 2021, 13:12   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please help me with understanding the meaning of 'Only DL plates were cancelled'? What is this process and how do I know if my DL plates are already cancelled or active?
When this banpanti was at its peak, one overzealous babu asked his subordinate to pull out a list of all vehicles on Delhi plates that were older than 10/15 years diesel/petrol. As on that date. All of these vehicles received a "de-registered" status against them.
This was supposed to be a repeated activity, and as and when vehicles crossed designated age, they would be de-registered. Howver, it only occurred that one time.
The list for diesels that received this axe is here:
https://transport.delhi.gov.in/conte...iesel-vehicles

For petrol you may have to fish around, or head over to vaahan, or even your local RTO.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 18:44   #224
BHPian

Can we get NOC for a vehicle 1 year after expiry of fitness ?
Old 23rd January 2021, 20:36   #225
Senior - BHPian

Breaks my heart to see so many well maintained cars being scrapped! Is there any other way to keep them running?

Can exotics be used for off road events and track only purpose even after deregistration?

I know this idea has lot of hassle involved, like hiring flatbed trucks, but just wish to know if it is possible.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 23rd January 2021 at 20:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks