Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2019, 20:57   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The current CVT city doesn't have the gears backlit on the gear stick console. Is it the same with the new Civic?
Its completely backlit in the Civic. Putting up a reference pic for everyones ease of understanding.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-img_4246.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.maverick View Post
Looks great! Wireless charging is one feature that I really wished the Civic were offering, and the one shown in your pic looks to be going along with the interiors quite nicely indeed. Can you please share the product link? I tried looking it up but couldn't find this exact product on Aliexpress. Thanks in advance!
Here you go mate
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...236f4c4dUXgR68

The charging pad is a perfect fit and it blends in so well with the interior. Only grouse is that whilst it helps remove the wire clutter, one has to still use a wire to connect to Apple Car Play or Android Auto (hence i have an extra wire hanging around in the car)

Last edited by Samurai : 24th March 2019 at 22:11. Reason: B2B
nik_kapur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 21:12   #392
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The current CVT city doesn't have the gears backlit on the gear stick console. Is it the same with the new Civic?
That's pretty surprising. My pre facelift Jazz CVT gets it.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-img_2094.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 21:46   #393
Senior - BHPian

- I'll start off with the base variant. Honda have gone spartan on the interiors and will make feel embarassed for thinking about the V CVT at all. It comes with beige interiors, no leather wrap on the steering wheel, manual seat adjustment, a small display, a low rent set of clocks, misses the 4 tweeters, no auto dimming rear mirror, no cruise control, no auto retractable mirrors etc. It has 16 inch Hanooks, the same as with the VX model.

[center]Attachment 1861951
[b]Bare bones interiors

I had seriously considered the V as it allows for plenty of ways to customise including this very nice TESLA Like screen
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-636851515072633625.jpg  

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-teslaverticalscreenandroidsystemcarradiodvdgpsnavigationforhondacivic201620172018_1024x1024.jpg  

Last edited by nik_kapur : 24th March 2019 at 21:50.
nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 21:48   #394
BHPian

Civic booking confirmed

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-3b.jpg

Hi friends, after recovering from the shock pricing of Civic we decided to test drive the car. I was bit concerned that whether my folks would like the car. My father checked the front seat and visibility. Even though it took some time, he could get a satisfactory seating position. My mother liked the back seat of Civic more than our CRV. Even though CRV has more legroom, Civic’s seats have better under thigh support. But the back seats are meant for only two adults and a kid. Getting in and out of the car is not an issue.

Prospective buyers please spend some time with the car before booking. There can be individual variations regarding the feel of the car, ergonomics and seating comfort. The interior doesn’t feel as good as the present generation CRV. Some bits of lower grade plastics can be found covering the part of the steering column and the door near the door handles. But overall everything seems ok. It is not difficult to satisfy Honda fans.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-1b.jpg

I took a short test drive (6 km) of Civic ZX Petrol. I managed to find a good seating position. But I felt the driver’s seat doesn’t have the same range of mobility when compared to the CRV. The overall built quality of the car seems good. I felt the engine noise inside the cabin is slightly more than the CRV petrol (2.4 i-VTEC). The engine is quite responsive and has a linear power delivery. Part throttle responses are good. But on flooring the throttle you can feel the rubber band effect. The CRV (2.4, 5-speed AT) in the right gear responds eagerly to such inputs. But it is not a deal breaker. We have a Jazz 1.2 CVT also. Despite lot of negative reviews about its engine and transmission, I feel Jazz CVT is a delight to drive despite its limitations. The car with 4 adults on board comfortably cleared an unscientific hump on the way. Our 3rd Gen Honda City used to scrape this hump.

Please take long test drives before buying Civic. Mods please release the Civic test drive review as early as possible.

Invoice

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-invoice-.jpg

VIN Decoded. 9th character represents month, C = March. 10th character represents year, K = 2019.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-vin-3.jpg

The car was billed and loaded to the truck two days back. The dealer promptly send us the VIN number. God willing the car should reach us by April first week. We got a reasonable price for our Honda City (2004) from Honda (Auto terrace). Thank you all for your regular inputs on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
She arrived yesterday and she is a stunner !
Been great driving her around town because the attention she grabs is real fun, i guess its one of the first few in Delhi to be driven on the roads.
Congratulations on your new car. The car is a head turner. I also felt it during the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
It is unlikely that the on road price will touch 30L.
So the price should be similar or lower than Corolla Altis (VL CVT Petrol) at Thiruvananthapuram = ₹ 25,59,715 It is probable that the on road price of Civic (ZX) Petrol is close to 25 L.
Sorry, despite collecting lot of data I couldn’t predict the price of ZX Petrol correctly. Despite being in Formula 1, Honda doesn’t understand the value of undercut. Hope they can turn up the F1 engine and challenge the Mercs. I presume that Honda decided to increase price of ZX Petrol after seeing lot of pre-launch customer interest in top end petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
But for a Rs 21 L car, 6 airbags should be mandatory from Honda. For someone who is concerned about safety, paying 7 L more than the base variant for getting 6 airbags is ridiculous.
Nice write up. I agree with you. Honda should have provided 6 airbags for all versions. There is no Civic diesel for test drive in Thiruvananthapuram. Honda is concerned only about the petrol. A reasonably priced diesel auto should have been there.
Mevtec is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 00:32   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car man. Can we have more pics of the interior please.

Thanks.
Since a lot has been written in praise of the interior which i think is very sporty and a nice place to be in, i would like to point out a few misses-

MISSES

No Sunglasses Holder
No illumination of door pads or the floor area in the car (its a dull place in the backseat at night)- The Octavia has illuminated door pads (with an LED strip running)
Smallish ICE (could have been bigger although the digital speedo shows some of the information in addition to the main screen)
No rear sunshade ! (How is this even possible Honda?)
No rear charging ports (truly unbelievable)
No rear remote control for the ICE whatsoever (fixed or wireless)
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-2019-1.jpg  

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-civic-2019-2.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 02:05   #396
Senior - BHPian

My pick is still the one on the right
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190325020320_gallery.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 09:59   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
My pick is still the one on the right
The best part about the 8th gen Civic is that it still doesnt look dated even. After seeing the new Civic, I love my car even more. I might just give it a once over and hold on to it till say a lakh of kms
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:23   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
- I'll start off with the base variant. Honda have gone spartan on the interiors and will make feel embarassed for thinking about the V CVT at all. It comes with beige interiors, no leather wrap on the steering wheel, manual seat adjustment, a small display, a low rent set of clocks, misses the 4 tweeters, no auto dimming rear mirror, no cruise control, no auto retractable mirrors etc.
I was chatting with a sales advisor and told him that the Civic-V appears more barebones than even the City-V. I was thinking, he's going to argue and then I will point out the lack of reverse cam and tweeters to prove my point, but he agreed immediately. He also said that of all the bookings that have happened from their dealership not even a single one was for Civic-V. I think the strategy is to keep the sticker price low to get people interested, and when they see that they are getting "so much more" on the Vx for a "mere 2-lakhs", the Vx starts looking like good-value.

To me, the V looks like a case of "Decoy Effect": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoy_effect
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:30   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I was chatting with a sales advisor and told him that the Civic-V appears more barebones than even the City-V. I was thinking, he's going to argue and then I will point out the lack of reverse cam and tweeters to prove my point, but he agreed immediately. He also said that of all the bookings that have happened from their dealership not even a single one was for Civic-V. I think the strategy is to keep the sticker price low to get people interested, and when they see that they are getting "so much more" on the Vx for a "mere 2-lakhs", the Vx starts looking like good-value.

To me, the V looks like a case of "Decoy Effect": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoy_effect
Absolutely, even I had the same discussion with the sales person here in Cochin and he too agreed to the same thing. The base version is just to say, prices start from Rs 21.X L though realistically nobody is going to be buying the base version. They have one V CVT in stock and I half jokingly mentioned that they wont sell that car in 2019, lets see if it happens or not.
Old 25th March 2019, 10:30   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The best part about the 8th gen Civic is that it still doesnt look dated even. After seeing the new Civic, I love my car even more. I might just give it a once over and hold on to it till say a lakh of kms
I think there’s good news for all 8th gen Civic owners, its resale value might increase now

The 8th gen was built to incredibly high standards. My friend owns one, and boy it is abused. It has scratches and dents all over, the window rubber beadings are coming off. But it still drives like a dream, and there’s not a single rattle. If the new one is built like that (seems like it is) then I’m putting my money down on a ZX CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

True, but the Civic V CVT is a good value proposition IMHO. Especially if you compare it to the similarly priced Corolla G.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 25th March 2019 at 10:32.
Aaron:) is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 20:02   #401
BHPian

Just returned from Singapore where I saw the civic in gorgeous red and awesome blue which only made me hate the current set of colours offered by Honda India. How can then offer same colours of City for a sporty car like civic? I still understand most people will buy white in India but a few Red/Blue will make people turn and drive up the sales I am sure.
Old 26th March 2019, 00:35   #402
Senior - BHPian

This car just brings out the young boy racer inside me.
Ordered these really nice Carbon Fibre Finish side mirror covers on Aliexpress. Much better than the gaudy chrome covers sold by Honda India.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-sjtjha7vt5kculzp5nig.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 13:32   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Does anyone have any concrete information?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
BS6 compliant mostly.
Got a clarification from Honda:
Quote:
The 10th Gen Civic Petrol launched in India is BS 6 compliant.
The diesel is BS4.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:57   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Got a clarification from Honda:

The diesel is BS4.
Thanks for that update!
I wonder why Honda is not showcasing the petrol as being BS6 compliant aggressively cos i am sure it will help push people to purchase immediately instead of waiting for the new norms to buy.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 10:47   #405
BHPian

The Civic seems to have taken off really well!
https://gaadiwaadi.com/new-honda-civ...g-numbers/amp/
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks