Prices announced

Petrol

V cvt - 17,69,900
Vx cvt - 19,19,900
zx cvt - 20,99,900

Diesel

Vx MT - 20,49,000
Zx MT - 22,29,000

Last edited by blackasta : 7th March 2019 at 13:02.
blackasta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:02   #257
BHPian

re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda launches the 10th Gen. Civic at a starting price of ₹ 17.69.lakhs Pan-India
So what I heard from the dealer yesterday is indeed true, OTR Bangalore is between 22L and 29L. ZX (P) will cost about 26.4L OTR Bangalore & ZX (D) will cost about 28.4L OTR Bangalore. The petrol is only slightly expensive than the corolla but you get a much more modern car !

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th March 2019 at 13:52. Reason: Quote tags
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:04   #258
BHPian

City ZX CVT is priced at 14 lacs and Civic takes it to 21. A whooping 50% difference, pretty overpriced.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:06   #259
BHPian

Atrocious pricing for a model that will soon be replaced in the international market + the same old Vtec
Krishnan83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:09   #260
BHPian

The pricing seems way too much for what they are offering! Honda can't just expect it to be a success due to its heritage.
Octavia seems like a more VFM product as compared to this.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:10   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
City ZX CVT is priced at 14 lacs and Civic takes it to 21. A whooping 50% difference, pretty overpriced.
Agreed. The City V CVT (at under 15 lakh OTR B'lore) is suddenly beginning to look extremely value for money. It has pretty much everything that the V CVT of the Civic has. The power to weight and torque to weight ratios of the City and Civic are very similar too.
Old 7th March 2019, 13:13   #262
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India!

So, for all the bells and whistles, you will have to shell out 25 lacs, the base "v" will be bland and will not give any sense of luxury.

Same old engine, without a manual gearbox and that too at 25 lacs is way too much.

Sorry Honda, not impressed !
daf23 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:19   #263
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

As expected, bad pricing from Honda. More so for the diesel variant. Even though the diesel variant lacks an automatic, it is still priced around 1.5L more than the equivalent petrol automatic which is truly atrocious. The Elantra looks so much more VFM now and has higher power output(both in diesel and petrol) and comparable features as well(unless you are aiming for the diesel manual).

Another concern which I have is that a segment which used to have a norm of 150Bhp diesels is now full of diesels which have power output in the 120s. Not to forget the Corolla with 87Bhp. It is only Skoda which has stayed true to the earlier norm. Even the petrols have more or less stayed the same, with similar engine capacities and power outputs from NA engines. This is definitely not good for a segment which is already dying. So tomorrow, if a manufacturer decides to launch a car in this segment, he is going to look at the Octavia as an exception and not the norm. This wasn't the case earlier and cars like the Elantra and Corolla were seen as the exceptions with the Jetta, Cruze and the Octavia leading the pack with their power and torque figures. How the times have changed.
AYP is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:21   #264
BHPian

Pricing seems to be as per my expectations. They are gunning for the Corolla, while undercutting the Octavia by a decent margin. The diesel could've been priced a little lower though.

The petrol variants are very well priced. They know that the Octavia has an upper hand, so they have smartly positioned it against the Corolla. The base variant actually undercuts the Altis.

Overall, decent pricing from Honda. I wouldn't call it overpriced, but it's not VFM either.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-price-range-d1-segment.jpg  

Last edited by Aaron:) : 7th March 2019 at 13:25.
Aaron:) is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:21   #265
BHPian

I think this is pretty good pricing considering Honda's historic pricing blunders. The CRV's crash and burn must have had some impact here !

Considering all the features, the new Civic in VX Petrol or Diesel are my picks.

A 3 year old pre-worshipped car would make for a very tempting buy indeed.

Comparing the pricing of the el-cheapo current gen Honda City with the Civic would not present the true picture.

The Civic is built to far higher standards as is evidenced from the exterior fit and finish and interior quality. It will also be a big leap ahead in how it drives, handles and rides as compared to the City.

I would prefer to wait till the end of the year and see where the car settles in the market and there will be some likely discounts then.

I find the car to be pretty well specced in VX trim

• 16-inch Diamond cut alloy wheels
• 17.7-cm touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• 17.7-cm TFT instrument cluster
• Steering mounted audio controls
• Keyless entry and go with Push button start
• Remote engine start – Petrol only
• Rear AC vents
• Dual front and front side airbags
• Vehicle Stability assist
• Hill start assist
• ABS with EBD
• Electronic parking brake
• Halogen projector headlamps
• LED daytime running lamps
• LED tail lamps
• Paddle shifters (Petrol only)
• Remote open/closing windows
• Electrically adjustable and folding wing mirrors
• Front and rear armrest
• Ivory leather upholstery
• 8-way power driver’s seat
Dual zone climate control
• Cruise control
• Auto dimming rear view mirror
• Power windows with auto up/down (all four)
• Auto-retractable wing mirrors
• Four tweeters
• Leather wrapped steering wheel
• Interior ambient lighting
• Reverse camera with multi-view
• USB and HDMI ports for front row

Last edited by Redline6800 : 7th March 2019 at 13:32. Reason: more info added
Redline6800 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:24   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Agreed. The City V CVT (at under 15 lakh OTR B'lore) is suddenly beginning to look extremely value for money. It has pretty much everything that the V CVT of the Civic has. The power to weight and torque to weight ratios of the City and Civic are very similar too.
There is a big difference between the build quality though
ajmat is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:25   #267
BHPian

As usual, Honda has priced the car optimistically, especially the diesel which is unjustifiably overpriced. The petrol CVT (though not overpriced) makes the Elantra petrol MT look bargain in comparision. The Octavia 1.8 is clearly a superior package. The diesel is priced higher than the petrol Civic ( variant to variant) despite having no automatic transmission. The segment is not generating any significant sales and with this price, the Civic will find it hard to sell 200 units monthly.

If reviews are anything to go by, the car is better than the dated Corolla, on par with the Elantra and Octavia 1.4 but certainly not a benchmark.

The only advantage over Elantra and Octavia (diesel and 1.4) is independent rear suspension. Corolla will be replaced next year, till then Civic has to compete with a better priced Elantra and a justifiably higher priced Octavia, let alone cross-shopping from likes of City, Verna, Creta, Compass.

Last edited by zxcv444 : 7th March 2019 at 13:42.
zxcv444 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:39   #268
BHPian

Watched the launch program a while ago. There is absolutely no doubt that the Skoda Octavia is still the best option in this segment. However, it's minuscule delivery/service network is also woeful. (Skoda has only 1 dealer in my state - WB). Elantra too has more features over the Civic.

That being said, my current car is a City Petrol, thus a soft spot surely is there for Honda. The coupe stance looks very appealing. Some features I would miss in Civic would be the memory seat, ventilated seat and rear power socket. The City's iVtech works good with the manual transmission, I never felt any shortage of power while overtaking something on the highway. Perhaps a manual offering on the 1.8 iVtech of the Civic might have been better.
Old 7th March 2019, 13:39   #269
BHPian

Honda is back to its innovative ways.

In a diverse country like India - multi-lingual suspension is certainly the way forward
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-team-bhp-civic.png  

Redline6800 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:54   #270
Senior - BHPian

Knowing Honda, this pricing was expected I guess. However top-end Elantra petrol AT is priced at Base V civic and that to me is called as VFM. While Honda is a Honda !!

My pick would be the Petrol VX. Pretty much has everything.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks