Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 12:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There will be 5 colours - red, white, brown, silver, dark grey
The "red" seen so far on our forum and media reviews seems to be a maroon like the Honda City. The red which was snapped in Phuket is what should be called a red colour.

Would love to see the Phuket red on our roads though

Checked again, looks different in different lighting conditions. Maybe or may not be.

Mods: please delete my post as I can't seem to figure out how to do it myself.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 21st February 2019 at 12:56.
Old 21st February 2019, 15:44   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Looked smoking hot in red. Hopefully, Honda is giving this color in India too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
so quite certain that the red will be an option in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There will be 5 colours - red, white, brown, silver, dark grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The "red" seen so far on our forum and media reviews seems to be a maroon like the Honda City. The red which was snapped in Phuket is what should be called a red colour.
The Red Colour seen on the Thai Civic is the Rallye Red I suppose, (which was a snappy colour seen in India on the prev gen JazzX).

The Red on the India spec Civic is the same as seen on the CR-V which is Radiant Red (closer to maroon). This Radiant Red seems to be common across their model portfolio.

That said, the Honda colour palette is pretty sober for India compared to the flamboyant shades seen abroad.

Cheers,
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 15:51   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
The Red Colour seen on the Thai Civic is the Rallye Red I suppose, (which was a snappy colour seen in India on the prev gen JazzX).

The Red on the India spec Civic is the same as seen on the CR-V which is Radiant Red (closer to maroon). This Radiant Red seems to be common across their model portfolio.

That said, the Honda colour palette is pretty sober for India compared to the flamboyant shades seen abroad.

Cheers,
Uday
Honda currently offers the following reds along it's portfolio:

Brio - Rallye red
Amaze - Radiant red
WRV - Radiant red
Jazz - Radiant red
City - Radiant red
BRV - Carnelian red
CRV - Radiant red

My uncle has a Rallye red Brio, which is brighter than Radiant red (more common color across the portfolio). Carnelian red is an even darker shade.
blackasta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 22:35   #214
BHPian

Does anyone know if the 1.8L petrol is the (relatively) newer Earth Dreams Direct Injection Engine (similar to the 2L in the CRV) or if it's the older PGM-FI unit like in the previous generation Civic?
Old 21st February 2019, 22:46   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrama2 View Post
Does anyone know if the 1.8L petrol is the (relatively) newer Earth Dreams Direct Injection Engine (similar to the 2L in the CRV) or if it's the older PGM-FI unit like in the previous generation Civic?
It's mentioned in all pages of this thread

It's the old R18 from the earlier Civic. No direct injection or anything.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 22:47   #216
BHPian

Not bringing the 1.5L Turbo to India was a big mistake in my opinion. Honda has been quite disappointing in recent times with their launches in the upper segments in recent years!
The MAIN attraction of the 10 generation was the 1.5L Turbo ... If you leave aside the engine, all that remains is the shell! Given that Honda was launching a new Civic in India after a gap of 10 years, one would have expected a brand new engine. A bare 10 HP bump for a car being launched after 10 years is really appalling!
Yes, India is probably NOT one of Honda's compelling markets, still I think they should have gauged public sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's mentioned in all pages of this thread

It's the old R18 from the earlier Civic. No direct injection or anything.
Thanks Vid6639. I checked all media reports on you tube. No one spelled this out clearly. This is weird considering that they decided to give a Direct Injection 2L unit in the CRV, but do not do so in the Civic. It's quite disappointing that it's basically the same engine from the previous Civic (with a 10 BHP bump) ...

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st February 2019 at 22:59.
nsubrama2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 23:09   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is weird considering that they decided to give a Direct Injection 2L unit in the CRV, but do not do so in the Civic. It's quite disappointing that it's basically the same engine from the previous Civic (with a 10 BHP bump) ...
The CR-V gets the R20 engine which is also not direct injection from what I know. It's the same as before. SOHC i-VTEC.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:25   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The CR-V gets the R20 engine which is also not direct injection from what I know. It's the same as before. SOHC i-VTEC.
Hey Vid6639, the 2.0L is a DI engine. Well at least the HondaCarIndia.com website confirms this. I've attached the screenshot of the engine specifications from the site. Well I'm attaching something for the first time to a Team BHP post. Hope this comes through
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-hondacrvenginespecs.png  

nsubrama2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:06   #219
Senior - BHPian

10th-gen Honda Civic production begins in India

Honda has commenced the production of the tenth-generation Civic at its Greater Noida plant. The carmaker is scheduled to launch the car in India on March 7, 2019.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-10th-generation-honda-civic-production-begins-india.jpg

The new Civic is based on the Honda compact global platform. At the front, it features a chrome grille, LED headlights with L-shaped LED daytime running lights, dual-tone front bumper with chrome inserts and a pair of fog lamps. At the rear, it comes with C-shaped tail lights and a dual-tone bumper. It has a coupe-like roof line with blacked-out B and C-pillars as well as chrome trim around the windows.

The new Civic is expected to get dual-tone interiors with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and features like dual-zone climate control, electric sunroof, 8-way adjustable driver's seat and rain-sensing wipers, among others.

The tenth-generation Civic will be available with a 1.8-litre petrol engine paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a 1.6-litre diesel unit mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:01   #220
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Not bringing the 1.5L Turbo to India was a big mistake in my opinion. Honda has been quite disappointing in recent times with their launches in the upper segments in recent years!
The MAIN attraction of the 10 generation was the 1.5L Turbo ... If you leave aside the engine, all that remains is the shell! Given that Honda was launching a new Civic in India after a gap of 10 years, one would have expected a brand new engine. A bare 10 HP bump for a car being launched after 10 years is really appalling!
Yes, India is probably NOT one of Honda's compelling markets, still I think they should have gauged public sentiment.
Honda seems to be making the same mistakes again and again. Every model where they have cheaped out has failed. No one is interested in Brio/ Amaze/ Mobilio/ BRV and similarly no one is interested in a crappy Civic with a 15 year old engine that guzzles petrol. Their sales numbers will prove it; the petrol model will not succeed and it doesn't deserve to either.
mxh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 17:32   #221
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic in Very Good Demand.

Honda says that Pre Launch Bookings have been excellent. Exact number hasn't been revealed.

But Expectations are high and this car could revive the Almost Dead Segment.

Hormazd Sorabjee also mentioned this in one of his tweets. Lack of Manual will not bother Common People, while we would have liked it.

Diesel and Petrol are expected to be priced the same. Few variants may see +10k/-10k difference.

On a side note,
I received a call from Honda today.

They asked me whether I would like to upgrade to Civic, I said I'll wait till prices are announced and then decide.

As usual, he gave me Powertrain options and Highlighted Features.

I Asked why isn't Honda offering Diesel CVT/AT to which he replied that Civic is available in Petrol CVT. I said to him that why is Diesel only available in Manual ? He said that since City comes with Manual Gearbox only hence Civic is also offered with same. I was literally laughing.

I asked, Why is Honda offering CR-V with Automatic and the same engine is powering the Civic ! To which he said Sir, CR-V is a premium SUV and is the reason why it's offered in Automatic only. I asked him, then what about Amaze, he again said that Amaze is offered with 1st in Class Diesel CVT.

Lastly I said to him that no matter what you feel, A Civic buyer will not even look at Amaze and vice versa. He was left with no words to speak. He felt embarrassed.

That concluded our conversation. Honda is not launching Petrol Manual and Diesel Auto anytime soon. The latter is because of Diesel CR-V and not anything else then that.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 22nd February 2019 at 17:34.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 17:56   #222
BHPian

430L of Boot space is pretty low for this segment. Well may not be deal breaker per-se, yet, Civic has always been relatively short on Boot space. City has plenty of it, nearly 100 L more. Why even the Amaze has 420L of Boot space ...

I think Toyota products are more 'true' when compared to Honda's India products in relation to the same models world wide.
If you take the current Camry (Hybrid), it's got pretty much most the gizmos the US version gets, except for a few such as collision mitigation braking and a few such and of course not to mention Nickel metal Hydride batteries in place of LI batteries (actually higher spec US Camry hybrids do get the Nickel metal batteries). Importantly the power train is exactly the same as the US version ...

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th February 2019 at 21:05. Reason: Spacing
nsubrama2 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 10:26   #223
BHPian

Deliveries seem to have started. I saw a white Civic without registration in front of Lal Bagh, Bangalore this morning. Definitely not a dealer demo car since they generally have a TC number plate or logos.
Old 24th February 2019, 10:59   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Deliveries seem to have started. I saw a white Civic without registration in front of Lal Bagh, Bangalore this morning. Definitely not a dealer demo car since they generally have a TC number plate or logos.
I don't think deliveries have started yet. Price is yet to be announced. Its on 7th March as far as I know.
Old 24th February 2019, 13:07   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I don't think deliveries have started yet. Price is yet to be announced. Its on 7th March as far as I know.
Maybe it's a dealer enjoying the car on the sly before the public are let loose!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks