Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 07:08   #346
BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

I hear from a Maruti Dealer who i know personally that Brezza will launch on Feb 20th and S Cross at the end of March. Hope atleast the S Cross info is correct as i am in the market for a Automatic Crossover.
venkateshkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 10:34   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshkm View Post
I hear from a Maruti Dealer who i know personally that Brezza will launch on Feb 20th and S Cross at the end of March. Hope atleast the S Cross info is correct as i am in the market for a Automatic Crossover.
Looks like nobody is clear on the launch dates. Some sites are saying it will be launched in April. Some dealers are saying they do not have any info on the launch date even though the booking is open. I wonder why they launched the Ignis earlier than the Brezza. This strategy is ok if they have lot of BSIV stock to be cleared or if people are still buying the Diesel Brezza.
Old 19th February 2020, 11:16   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
-- I wonder why they launched the Ignis earlier than the Brezza. --
Because Ignis is just a cosmetic change wheres as in Brezza, the launch will be followed by the media drive as there is a power-train change involved.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 08:28   #349
BHPian

Let's hope Maruti launches this damn thing today. I have to book a car ASAP and if they delay the launch any further I'll probably just walk in a Toyota showroom and buy the Glanza automatic.
Old 20th February 2020, 16:40   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Let's hope Maruti launches this damn thing today. I have to book a car ASAP and if they delay the launch any further I'll probably just walk in a Toyota showroom and buy the Glanza automatic.
Any idea if Brezza AT has cruise control? My F-in-L has zeroed in on Baleno CVT but the only thing stopping us is lack of Cruise control. Whatever one says, it is that one time in a year when you hit highway, cruise control does wonders. One, your right foot is free, too. And, a CVT on cruise control returns phenomenal fuel efficiency. Third thing is, you set at legal speed and there is no chance of getting a speeding ticket. BTW, between Glanza and Baleno, I would prefer Baleno. Maruti service technicians have better knowledge of this car. Also, Toyota service centre customer lounge in my state is almost entirely taken up by cabbies and drivers. People complained along same lines about Tata too but now they are no longer in cab market.
Old 20th February 2020, 16:47   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Any idea if Brezza AT has cruise control? My F-in-L has zeroed in on Baleno CVT but the only thing stopping us is lack of Cruise control.
Yes, AT gets cruise control as per the model displayed. The car with Grey-Orange combo was automatic.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-20200220_164936.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 20th February 2020 at 16:50.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 16:48   #352
BHPian

Brezza does have cruise control but not sure if they'll give it on the Auto TC. The manual ZXI & ZXI+ has it.

Also, Baleno is a CVT whereas Brezza is getting a 4 speed torque converter.
Old 20th February 2020, 16:57   #353
Senior - BHPian

Leoshashi, that's a good thing to know.

Dieselritzer, I know Brezza currently has cruise control. What I meant was if the new petrol AT variant is getting one. I think it is. I know Baleno is a CVT. Personally, I like Torque Converter best and second best is CVT. Not keen about AMTs and DSGs. In fact, I would prefer a 4-speed TC and CVT over 5-speed AMT. Maruti should have made it at least a 5-cog, if not 6.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:39   #354
BHPian

PGSAGAR, please let me know if you get any clarity on the launch. I spoke to the sales guys and he says demo cars will get dispatched by this month end, so the launch should be near. I have already paid the booking amount for the ZXI Automatic. Waiting for them to declare pricing and the confirmation on feature list.
Old 20th February 2020, 22:05   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PGSAGAR, please let me know if you get any clarity on the launch. I spoke to the sales guys and he says demo cars will get dispatched by this month end, so the launch should be near. I have already paid the booking amount for the ZXI Automatic. Waiting for them to declare pricing and the confirmation on feature list.
I am unlikely to hear anything before you do, 'cause I live in a small town and we figure way down in the pecking order. If you can wait some more months, you have Kia Sonet and Duster 1.3 turbo lined up. Sure, Duster's noon-shadow would be bigger but I am sure it would be priced to move, in the face of heat from Kia. Then there is S-Cross, too, with the same engine plus AT combo. Bigger in size but definitely better. Sometime, too many options are not good.
Old 20th February 2020, 22:10   #356
BHPian

Kia Sonnet is the size of Kwid. For me space is a priority. With a budget of 10 lacs, duster and scross both are out of reach. That leaves Brezza. Hence the chase for info.
Old 20th February 2020, 22:42   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Kia Sonnet is the size of Kwid. For me space is a priority. With a budget of 10 lacs, duster and scross both are out of reach. That leaves Brezza. Hence the chase for info.
Kia Sonet is the size of Hyundai Venue. It’s based on the Venue platform and maybe slightly bigger then Venue.
You can get the idea of its size by the concept showcases at the Auto Expo 2020.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 23:57   #358
BHPian

The interior of venue are as big as my Ritz with leg space really tight. Hence not very keen on it. But yes, it looks absolutely stunning!
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 08:06   #359
BHPian

Quote:
The interior of venue are as big as my Ritz with leg space really tight. Hence not very keen on it. But yes, it looks absolutely stunning!
Travails of a Ritz owner.
Only someone who has used Ritz for an extended time knows the space analogy you are referring to. It's hard to visually believe that Ritz is more roomy than some of the bigger compact SUVs. As much as it's true that Ritz was not a popular car from Maruti stable, folks who have used it find difficult to get a replacement unless moving up the ladder. I can understand your rational buddy. Same boat, similar choices, similar criteria.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 18:34   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza launched expected next week, likely to be on 24th ?

Quote:
2020 Vitara Brezza Facelift Petrol Launch Expected On February 24

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks