Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2021, 15:07   #1501

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Dear Folks,

I have a query to anyone who has driven both 4th and 5th Gen City CVT. Is the 1.5 l engine and CVT same in both generations of City? Is there any change in pickup, driving dynamics etc between the two generations? Reason for asking this is, I am considering buying 5th Gen City CVT VX/ZX but the test ride vehicle available is only in MT. The dealer is offering a 4th gen City with CVT for TD.

Thanks and regards
I have driven the 2015 4th Gen City VX CVT Petrol (of a friend) and I own the 5th Gen ZX CVT. There are few difference in the cars as mentioned by many in this forum like 1) SOHC vs DOHC engines, 2) Better CVT in the 5th Gen with much better controlled rubber band effect, 3) the 5th Gen engine is a tad bit louder than the 4th Gen, 4) Better lower end pick up, to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Never faced an issue like that so far. It could be perhaps a wrong selection of the seat setting. Or maybe the test drive car's pedals must be damaged due to extensive driving.

For test drives always push for the car that you are going to buy (Generation+engine+transmission). Even if the engine + gearbox could be carried over, they might be in a different tune. Also a different generation means difference in ergonomics.
Totally Agree with you. I had taken the TD on the petrol ZX Manual and was totally disappointed with the car and was thinking to buy a Creta IVT. Later when I took the TD of ZX CVT, that is when I decided to buy ZX CVT.
abhishek242001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 18:45   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Pre-Registration inspection done for my Honda City V MT (White).

Thanks everyone who contributed in this thread. Special thanks to Trackday's ownership thread (or you can say I fell victim to his awesome ownership thread) and AutoConsultant's Rajasthan travelogue thread.

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th July 2021 at 18:49.
Latheesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 07:17   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congratulations Latheesh. I also have V MT in pearl white colour. Bought mine in August 2020. I completed 23000 km yesterday only. So far I haven't faced any major issue.

I had to do some water wading yesterday while leaving Delhi for Himachal. Because of the farmers ongoing protest, Singhu border is still closed. So I had to take some alternate route while it was raining cats and dogs.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st July 2021 at 10:20. Reason: editing quoted text
Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 10:01   #1504
BHPian

I have a critical question on low fuel alarm which I would like to understand.

When distance to empty (low fuel warning) is 0 KMs, how much more fuel will be left in the tank? I went ahead and filled the fuel once it was < 10KMs and once it was 0 KMs. I would like to understand from fellow owners to avoid such a situation or avoid any panic if such a situation arrives.
Old 21st July 2021, 10:59   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks everyone who contributed in this thread. Special thanks to Trackday's ownership thread (or you can say I fell victim to his awesome ownership thread) and AutoConsultant's Rajasthan travelogue thread.
Congrats on the booking ! Glad to know my thread could help you. Looking forward to your ride, delivery & ownership experience. Do pen it down and share pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
I have a critical question on low fuel alarm which I would like to understand.

When distance to empty (low fuel warning) is 0 KMs, how much more fuel will be left in the tank? I went ahead and filled the fuel once it was < 10KMs and once it was 0 KMs. I would like to understand from fellow owners to avoid such a situation or avoid any panic if such a situation arrives.
Always avoid driving on low fuel as it can reduce the life of parts on any car. At very low fuel levels, the fuel pump will be stressed. Not to mention the sludge or dirt from fuel that has settled at the bottom. Those things will probably come lose and wreck mayhem on the system. It is best ensure that the distance to empty always stays at a minimum 100 and refuel if it goes below. If access to gas station is not nearby / remote areas, do carry fuel in a safe fuel jerry can.

I recall during delivery I was told that either on road assistance or extended warranty or Honda insurance (not sure which one) would cover delivery of fuel in case I am stranded somewhere without fuel. Do avail such facilities in case of emergencies.

Last edited by TrackDay : 21st July 2021 at 11:11.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:10   #1506
BHPian

I am leasing a Honda City VX CVT early next month. I was told that the car is in transit.
Seeking inputs from you guys on accessories -

Below are the accessories I need...

1. PU/leather seat cover - I'm planning to get this done at Honda so that they do something compatible with the airbags.
2. All weather mats - That's the primary reason to go for "Basic Accessories Kit". Is that good or am I better off buying them online/local accessories shop?

Am I missing anything?
Old 21st July 2021, 20:39   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Congrats on the booking ! Glad to know my thread could help you. Looking forward to your ride, delivery & ownership experience. Do pen it down and share pictures

Always avoid driving on low fuel as it can reduce the life of parts on any car. At very low fuel levels, the fuel pump will be stressed. Not to mention the sludge or dirt from fuel that has settled at the bottom. Those things will probably come lose and wreck mayhem on the system. It is best ensure that the distance to empty always stays at a minimum 100 and refuel if it goes below. If access to gas station is not nearby / remote areas, do carry fuel in a safe fuel jerry can.

I recall during delivery I was told that either on road assistance or extended warranty or Honda insurance (not sure which one) would cover delivery of fuel in case I am stranded somewhere without fuel. Do avail such facilities in case of emergencies.

Thanks trackday, you are right. Its always safer to have at-least half of the tank full.

I was checking it the FE using the old school way of tank to tank capacity. Did a full tank top-up today and was able to pump in 35L. So I got the answer I was looking for. Distance to Empty in MID of 0 Kms = Reserve. 5L of fuel left in the tank.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 21:33   #1508
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Latheesh.. So you went ahead with the Honda City and not the Kushaq.. Agree with your choice - congratulations. Do post the ownership review
rahulvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 23:10   #1509
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Thanks trackday, you are right. Its always safer to have at-least half of the tank full.

I was checking it the FE using the old school way of tank to tank capacity. Did a full tank top-up today and was able to pump in 35L. So I got the answer I was looking for. Distance to Empty in MID of 0 Kms = Reserve. 5L of fuel left in the tank.
Good question at the right point and I also did the experiment last weekend.

Had been to Sabbanhalli Lake View Point on Sunday. During return journey when we started after visiting the Lake, my Odometer said another 85 kms to refuel while distance to my home was 95 kms and I don't prefer to refuel randomly anywhere except at a place near my home.
Drove at constant 67 kmph with Cruise Control activated. Rarely used brakes and controlled speed with cruise. At a point it was giving 30 kmpl.

When I reached the fuel point it showed another 18 kms left but in essence it was almost 50 kms.

So yes inspite of the kms displayed there is still some amount of fuel and we do not need to panic.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210718_10352114602.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210719-16.08.51.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210718_city.jpg  

src is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 07:38   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Hi All,

I test drove the 5th Gen City ZX CVT twice in a week's time. After driving the car, I found that my right leg started to experience pain, mainly in the calf muscle and also around knee area both the times I drove the car. Is this because the CVT's accelerator is bit harder compared to manual's. I had to exert more pressure on the accelerator to keep the car moving. I also test drove Creta automatic SX(O) and did not feel any such pain. I am wondering what could be the issue with City CVT. I am really inclined towards buying City but this is issue is holding me back. I would really appreciate if city owners could share if they have faced any issue related to leg pain while driving city.
I have felt the same pain when driving long distance in our City CVT too and I feel its the seat height that is the culprit here. I am 6ft tall and I feel the under thigh support is not proper when the seat is at its max height. Have not felt any such issues while driving our manual Baleno for any disctances.
spanner777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:03   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner777 View Post
I have felt the same pain when driving long distance in our City CVT too and I feel its the seat height that is the culprit here....
This is the most probable reason. Over the weekend, I drove my FIL's Jazz CVT for 100kms. Now, Jazz has similar GC as of the City and I am coming to a conclusion that the seat height is also the same. My wife could immediately feel the difference as our knees were a bit high than we are used to (We had a Tata Zest which has seats similar to a CSUV so you sit a bit tall and straight. My wife drives a Celerio which has slightly taller seating than Zest). For reference, my height is 5'7 and my wife is 5'5. Over longer distances, this could be uncomfortable.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:32   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner777 View Post
I have felt the same pain when driving long distance in our City CVT too and I feel its the seat height that is the culprit here. I am 6ft tall and I feel the under thigh support is not proper when the seat is at its max height. Have not felt any such issues while driving our manual Baleno for any disctances.
Recently did our first long drive 120 KMS one way in western ghat area in my new city. My Ecosport also went for the ride. I drove the city while going and the Ecosport while returning and the ride quality in the city was much more comfortable compared to the ecosport. Did not face any such pain issue. I think one can easily find a comfortable riding position in the new city.
Old 27th July 2021, 11:12   #1513
BHPian

Hi All,

This question is for all the 5th Gen City MT owners. Has anyone observed that it takes extra effort (sometimes an extra try) to engage first and second gear while shifting from higher gears? I have observed it takes some extra effort to engage reverse as well.
Gear shifts between 3-4-5-6 have been pretty smooth.
My car is not even 1 month old and odo is at just 500km, could that be the reason, does the gears get smoother after few thousand KM?

thanks!
Old 28th July 2021, 11:22   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Hi All,

This question is for all the 5th Gen City MT owners. Has anyone observed that it takes extra effort (sometimes an extra try) to engage first and second gear while shifting from higher gears? I have observed it takes some extra effort to engage reverse as well.
Gear shifts between 3-4-5-6 have been pretty smooth.
My car is not even 1 month old and odo is at just 500km, could that be the reason, does the gears get smoother after few thousand KM?

thanks!
In my experience, this is the way Honda MTs behave in initial years. My father drives a 2016 Jazz iDTEC and we both had similar observation - downshifting from 3-2-1 was a bit notchy whereas upshifts from 2-3-4-5-6 is smooth. It has reduced a bit now. Same was the case with my sister's 2009 City MT and BIL's 2012 City MT as well.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 28th July 2021 at 11:33. Reason: Additional comments
Old 29th July 2021, 18:36   #1515
BHPian

Honda City 5th gen will now support voice enabled Google assistant.

Honda upgrades connected features on 5th gen City with voice enabled Google Assistant

Quote:
Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) on Thursday said it has upgraded the connected features list on the fifth generation City with the inclusion of Google Assistant. The company said it has enhanced the Next-Gen Honda Connect platform by introducing Honda Action on Google.

The feature is an extension of integrated connected technology offered in the fifth generation Honda City which already comes with Alexa remote capability.

With the introduction of the Honda Action on Google, the 5th Gen City now works with Ok Google, the automaker said in a statement
sanchari is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks