Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 15:28   #1636
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Southern Honda, Tirunelveli Showroom experience:

I was shocked. Such arrogance! When enquired about corporate offer, he said we will know only after booking the vehicle whether there’s a discount or not (is this really the case coz it sounds silly to me!). Overall, it was an okayish experience and I expected better from Honda.

I’ll update the thread post the TD next week.
Pal,
Be prepared to face these type of responses at any showroom nowadays. The demand for cars are so high post the start of the pandemic that this has become the norm. Also do not let one salesperson that you meet/get assigned set the image of the brand for you. Will narrate my experiences with TATA. I went there with that "Desh ki mitti" and "Vocal for Local" spirit with a firm determination to buy one. The first showroom I went , I was greeted with a poor response, I thought ok maybe I was unlucky to get a guy with a poor attitude. 2nd time, different city and a different dealership-similar response. I thought okay maybe I was unlucky again not to get a good salesperson when I walked in. But by my third time in a different city and dealership, I said to myself that 'Hey dear, Tata is not for you this time'. I did not bother visiting a 4th showroom. I still respect Tata and will consider it in future, but not this time. Let me also tell you there was very good followup from the Tata Motors' Call centre but it is the dealership that we will be buying the car from and going to for further requirements.Even though it is an important factor that the first point of contact for the customer should be one of the most polished persons, we seldom see that in our showrooms, especially for mass market cars. I find Maruti as better of the lot. Good thing is that you are in no hurry to buy. So take your time and try out different showrooms/brands and if you find a place where they treat you as more than just another sales number, book it there itself.

And Yes, you can know the discounts on the car without booking the car itself. In fact the monthly discounts from the company is published on many online portals.

Last edited by AnnaRocks : 1st September 2021 at 15:40.
Old 1st September 2021, 15:54   #1637
src
BHPian

Quote:

Overall, it was an okayish experience and I expected better from Honda.

Random observation: I tried adjusting the driver seat to my preference and the arm rest was almost useless! I’m 5’8” for reference. I missed the adjustable sliding armrest of my previous Verna.
Buddy,
Shibu as we discussed earlier please get this from Bangalore and I will take care of the rest.
But fairly speaking on the Showroom Experience this is mostly same across manufacturers except Maruti.
Too some extent KIA & Hyundai are better. But sales number have got into their heads and they will show you attitude.
Also it is compounded for Tier-2 cities as the numbers are less.

Anyways best of luck for your shopping and reach out for any help
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 15:55   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Pal,
Yes, you can know the discounts on the car without booking the car itself. In fact the monthly discounts from the company is published on many online portals.
I meant "corporate" discount. I work at LinkedIn (MSFT employee), so I'd like to know how much discount I could avail before booking the car. For doctors, I know it's 8k corporate discount. Do we have any portals to find out ourselves? AFAIK, only dealers have access to such data.
Old 1st September 2021, 16:41   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
I meant "corporate" discount. I work at LinkedIn (MSFT employee), so I'd like to know how much discount I could avail before booking the car. For doctors, I know it's 8k corporate discount. Do we have any portals to find out ourselves? AFAIK, only dealers have access to such data.
They are having this 'Up to 8k' corporate discounts that you said . But you do not need to book in order to know if you are eligible. Just tell them the company name and they will tell you the discount you are eligible for.
Old 1st September 2021, 17:21   #1640
BHPian

Honda City V and VX owners - has anyone tried a relay kit to enable auto-folding of ORVMs with lock/unlock? If yes, can you please suggest what you've used? I think this is a very practical feature that is missing from the V and VX variants.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:27   #1641
Distinguished - BHPian

Took my brother in laws City VX IVTEC for a spin. Liked it overall except for 2 things.

A pathetic excuse of a rear camera. The clarity isn't even worth being in a 6 lakh rupees car. The last time I was disappointed with rear cam was in the Tiago. City's isn't any better.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210829_130505.jpg

The fabric insert on the door pad is a dirt magnet. The car is just a week old, and it already has dirt marks on it.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210829_130631.jpg

A nice 3 boxer
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210829_130254.jpg

The console is super classy in person
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210829_125911.jpg

The dashboard had uneven polish marks all over. Also noticed the above pic. Bottom part of the console too. Honda dealer should do a better job during delivery.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210829_125816.jpg

I still can't get over the unconventional ORVM placement. It irked me during the test drive a few months back, and it irked me this time too. Lowkey miss the touchscreen AC controls of the 4th Gen City.

Sunroof controls somehow felt they won't last long. I am not sure if this particular car had a crude feeling control or all 5th Gen citys are like that.

The engine obviously is super refined and actually nice to the ears at higher Rev ranges. It had returned 18.5 kmpl on the highway for a 240 km trip. That's very decent in my opinion.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 1st September 2021 at 18:37.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 20:42   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Buddy,
Shibu as we discussed earlier please get this from Bangalore and I will take care of the rest.
But fairly speaking on the Showroom Experience this is mostly same across manufacturers except Maruti.
Too some extent KIA & Hyundai are better. But sales number have got into their heads and they will show you attitude.
Also it is compounded for Tier-2 cities as the numbers are less.

Anyways best of luck for your shopping and reach out for any help
Thanks src (or should I say, Sathyajit)! I was checking out the showroom here on behalf of one of my friends here and added the showroom experience as it might give a heads up to someone in the near future.

Not sure when I'll be moving to Bangalore but when I do, I'll definitely reach out to you. But I have a strong feeling I might move away from the City by then (Hello Astor!)
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:31   #1643
BHPian

Honda has updated their offers for September on their website today. I get an additional cash discount of Rs.10,000 (which was NOT there last month) when I get delivery(hopefully) of the car soon.

I also confirmed this with the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-hc.png  

manim is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:13   #1644
BHPian

Quote:

I was trying to get a test drive of Petrol CVT for a while but neither the website form worked nor the contact numbers on the internet got back to me. So I visited the showroom in person and was quite disappointed to see the sad state of Honda showrooms here down south.

Random observation: I tried adjusting the driver seat to my preference and the arm rest was almost useless! I’m 5’8” for reference. I missed the adjustable sliding armrest of my previous Verna.
Really sad to hear that a dealer is spoiling your new car buying experience. Do note that the dealer will be your point of contact 99% of the times. Any escalations to Honda get routed to the dealer. I'm of the opinion that however great a car is, do not buy it if your point of contact for 99% of the times is going to be a pain in the wrong place.

So please change the dealership or if you have no other choice I suggest you should change the car brand. Or in your case stick with Hyundai

Many of the dealers are getting arrogant across brands, because there is no slowdown in demand for cars despite multiple price increases. The semiconductor shortage also does not help.

I agree with you that the front center arm-rest is useless for me too. But somehow my wife uses it after sliding the passenger seat and adjusting the reclining angle. If she is happy then I'm too

Regards,
lsjey

Last edited by lsjey : 2nd September 2021 at 13:33.
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:20   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Honda has updated their offers for September on their website today. I get an additional cash discount of Rs.10,000 (which was NOT there last month) when I get delivery(hopefully) of the car soon.

I also confirmed this with the dealer.

Seems I missed it by a whisker . Took the delivery of my City VX CVT Petrol on 30th Aug 2021; three City's were being delivered on the mentioned day (along with mine) and all had the same colour (Lunar Silver)
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:19   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Pro tip: change all interior lights and number light to white led from Osram.
Can you suggest which bulbs to look for, for the interior lights?
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:20   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Hi Guys,
Now my question is, i have a long harbored dream of self driving to LEH.
Will it be possible in a Honda City ?
In my humble opinion if you want to drive to Leh then you should not consider any sedan. Surely you can reach Laddakh in a Honda City and Manali to Leh is fantastic newly reconstructed highway (dream of any sedan lover till Jispa and Darcha) but there are numerous water crossings after that.
You will not let you newly bought car go through that. Last month we were traveling in Himachal. When we were in Manali we decided to go to Spiti Valley. Google map was showing just 4 hours for a journey (to Kaza) of 183 km which is really good. So I thought road must be really good that's why it is showing so less time.
After crossing Atal Tunnel we turned right for Spiti. After traveling for approximately 10 km we came across a police check-post. The police man was saying:
You are going to Spiti in this? What is this car? Verna?
I replied this is new Honda City.
To which he said I doubt you will be able to reach Kaza in this. You should have brought Thar for this journey.

After thanking him for the information we proceeded. After another 6 km we found that main road is blocked. The policeman asked us to take a dirt road covered with stones for Kaza. Kaza is 150 km from that place. I can drive off road for 5-6 km not 150 km. So, I decided that I should not take this road. So we turned back and went to Jispa instead. Later in the evening we met a group of women who had come from Kaza by the same route in an Innova taxi. They told us that road condition is really bad.

The above paragraphs are not meant to discourage you. You can have lots of fun in low GC sedan on curvy roads of the mountains. You can slot into second and carry a higher speed into the corners. By any chance if you need to apply brakes in emergency at any corner then it will stop in the the same arc neither deflecting an inch to the left nor to the right. But the bad roads worry you a lot.
That's why if you want to go to Leh in your own car then I would recommend buying a crossover. Or if you want to have Sedan then for your Laddakh journey you can rent an SUV.

Following is a pic of a Honda City (not mine) in a water crossing.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210902221407.jpg  

Learner is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 01:18   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Honda City V and VX owners - has anyone tried a relay kit to enable auto-folding of ORVMs with lock/unlock? If yes, can you please suggest what you've used? I think this is a very practical feature that is missing from the V and VX variants.
Go to any after market shop. They have a solution which costs 3000 rupees. They install it as its plug and play. Once that is installed you can use the lock unlock with the mirror. I have done it on both my CRV and Brio.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 01:38   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Can you suggest which bulbs to look for, for the interior lights?
For the VX variant, you can use these in all four cabin lights.
https://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-2825.../dp/B08GFPNC8Q
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:40   #1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
In my humble opinion if you want to drive to Leh then you should not consider any sedan. Surely you can reach Laddakh in a Honda City and Manali to Leh is fantastic newly reconstructed highway (dream of any sedan lover till Jispa and Darcha) but there are numerous water crossings after that.
Thanks a lot Learner for your advice.
Will definitely help me take an informed decision.

As i understand you have already taken this journey, would love your advice on if there is chance a sedan would work via Srinagar-Leh route ? via Kargil that is.
pranavb88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks